Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Matchday Ticket prices

City Release Reduced Match Ticket Prices

Leicester City have today revealed dramatic new match ticket price reductions for all City fans under the age of 16 as part of a continuing campaign to attract the support of the whole community to the Walkers Stadium.

Prices for the Under-16s have been reduced for normal B Grade games from £17 to £12, while tickets for the Under-12s have been slashed from £14 to just £5. Fans Fixture prices have also been reduced to just £5 for all supporters under the age of 16.

The announcement comes as City prepare to open the ticket office doors this coming Saturday for fans to purchase their tickets for City's opening home league fixtures for the 2006/07 season - including games against Burnley on August 8th, Ipswich Town on August 12th and Championship newcomers Southend United on August 26th.

Foxes Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "We all share a common goal for the coming season - success for Leicester City. It is therefore paramount that we offer Rob Kelly and the players all the support possible for the opening home games of the campaign.

"Big crowds do make a difference, both in terms of supporting our players and in terms of unsettling the opposition, and we identified that the Under-16s market was one where we could make a real breakthrough this season with pricing.

"These reductions will hopefully be well received by our younger fans and families alike and help us generate a big crowd for that opening home game against Burnley - which is so important to us - and then throughout the coming season."

Despite the price reductions, the club were quick to re-emphasise that season-ticket holder benefits were not being adversely affected.

Davies added: "The best financial deals remain with the season-ticket holders and we refuse to jeopordise that.

"Our season-ticket holders are the backbone of the club and have committed financially to support Leicester City for the whole of the forthcoming season. They are quite rightly rewarded for this by continuing to receive the best financial package.

"However, we are now able to offer this new match ticket structure to our younger supporters and we hope this will have a positive effect on attendances for the coming season.

"We will have a number of initiatives planned throughout the season targeted at a whole host of different supporter groups, but these initiatives will not have a detrimental effect on the value of a season-ticket.

"What we are trying to do, however, is congregate City fans behind Rob and the players to give us the best opportunity to achieve our goals for the coming campaign."

Adult prices have remained the same as last season, with tickets priced at £15 for Fans Fixtures and £22 for B Grade fixtures. A £2 discount is available to members who purchase match tickets in advance of matchday.

With all due respect to the young ones amongst you, this may increase gates but it wont affect the atmosphere significantly.

In my experience this is generally created, in the main by 17 to 30 yeat olds. This group of people have, as I understand it the lowest representation amongst the crowd and are hit the hardest by the price structures in place.

With all due respect to the young ones amongst you, this may increase gates but it wont affect the atmosphere significantly.

In my experience this is generally created, in the main by 17 to 30 yeat olds. This group of people have, as I understand it the lowest representation amongst the crowd and are hit the hardest by the price structures in place.

I think it depends what kind of youngsters, and where and who they sit with.

If you get 10, 14 year olds together, they start making a noise. Split em up, and there silent, which is golden ;)

What is the best price structure? 50p per age, untill you reach 50? 10 year old pays a fiver, 30 year old pays £15. The older you get, the more chance you earn more.

Or should it be fair, everyone pays "£15" no matter who you are?

Now its, if you are a good earner, you pay more, even though you supported the club longer, sad.

"Big crowds do make a difference, both in terms of supporting our players and in terms of unsettling the opposition, and we identified that the Under-16s market was one where we could make a real breakthrough this season with pricing.

i'm sure visiting teams are shitting them selves at the thought of a ground full of young kids :rolleyes:

reduce adult priceses and the atmosphere will become better

basiclly they WANT fans for the future

i'm sure visiting teams are shitting them selves at the thought of a ground full of young kids :rolleyes:

reduce adult priceses and the atmosphere will become better

Agreed, abit disapointed, I still think ticket prices are too high, they should knock off a couple of quid of the adult ticket prices!!!

I told you.

He and the other dullards that walk the corridors of The Walkers Stadium are clueless; so far out of touch with the football fan and the game it is scary.

Right our new and dynamic burger flipping Chairman has stated that our fan base is made up of geriatrics and wanted to come up with a plan to get younger fans in. So they come up with this master plan which is ultimately flawed in so many ways.

How many 12-16 year olds will be allowed to turn up on their own at football?

Even if you know someone in this age it will still cost you £35 plus just to get in, not a good deal.

I am not in that age bracket and I still get the privilage of overpaying to fund these morons.

Davies wants to get a crowd that will intimidate the opposition, great let’s turn the Walkers into a fortress equivalent to a Women’s & Schoolboy International.

Which age bracket has disposable income?

18-30 year olds.

They want something to spend their money on and I bet most still want something to identify with, be part of something. But at £25 to get bullied by stewards and told how to act is not going to get them in ever.

Also that demographic isn’t wanted as these clowns think they are all hooligans in waiting who will tear up on a Saturday afternoon causing mayhem by singing and possibly standing up at football, which as we all know is likely to kill 100’s of fans every week.

These fools thought process is they think they can mold the under 16’s into their ‘fan of the future’ who will politely sit there and applaud when the scoreboard says so.

Nothing like alienating those of us who were there when the Club needed them.

These Execs make me sick.

I am not in that age bracket and I still get the privilage of overpaying to fund these morons.

Also that demographic isn’t wanted as these clowns think they are all hooligans in waiting who will tear up on a Saturday afternoon causing mayhem by singing and possibly standing up at football, which as we all know is likely to kill 100’s of fans every week.

Not keen on kids, then? Just me, but I think the first two para's are a bit of a generalisation. Also, I'm not alienated, I applaud the club for at least trying to change ( for the long term ) the age demographic of the club's support. But then maybe I'm a moron just like all those kids. :)

All this ticket pricing bollocks doesn't make that much difference unless it's reduced massively and to do that would throw our club in to a bigger free for all that it already is. The fact is we pay mediocre players far too much money, as do other clubs and it therefore means that the fans have to pay an arm and a leg to watch the shower of shite with perhaps the odd glimse of class that invariably gets sold on or injured.

I don't have an answer for bringing in more fans, unfortunately the only thing that will bring more fans back is if we tear this league up like we did in 02/03, the ticket prices don't seem to be an issue when your team is bringing in 3 points most matches.

I honestly don't think that there would be any more than perhaps a 3000 increase in fans if we dropped our prices to a tenner for everyone.

Mainly the reason why people don't come to watch us is because we're a horror show at times. People moan about paying a fiver to go the cinema to watch a video nasty so a tenner to watch the City in our current plight still wouldn't be value for money would it?

I told you.

He and the other dullards that walk the corridors of The Walkers Stadium are clueless; so far out of touch with the football fan and the game it is scary.

Right our new and dynamic burger flipping Chairman has stated that our fan base is made up of geriatrics and wanted to come up with a plan to get younger fans in. So they come up with this master plan which is ultimately flawed in so many ways.

How many 12-16 year olds will be allowed to turn up on their own at football?

Even if you know someone in this age it will still cost you £35 plus just to get in, not a good deal.

Davies wants to get a crowd that will intimidate the opposition, great let’s turn the Walkers into a fortress equivalent to a Women’s & Schoolboy International.

18-30 year olds.

They want something to spend their money on and I bet most still want something to identify with, be part of something. But at £25 to get bullied by stewards and told how to act is not going to get them in ever.

These fools thought process is they think they can mold the under 16’s into their ‘fan of the future’ who will politely sit there and applaud when the scoreboard says so.

These Execs make me sick.

cant agree more barton! warren.....

18-30 year olds.

I would have said it was wealthy, middle-class, middle-aged businessmen. Surely we should be concentrating our efforts into pulling this sort of supporter in to the £30 West Stand seats, and getting them to bring their wives, (hungry, thirsty) kids and friends as well?

Money - that's what I want.

I'm 20...If I stump up the money to go to a game, you can bet your ass I'm not getting a pie or having a bet, If I could have a £20 day out I'd be happy, that means ticket price of around £15 would suit me.

One of the MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!

Set up a (graham)..... POLL and see what prices would most suit the average punter, from a cross section I see 40-50yr olds and 22-25 are the bulk of then fans with the 35-40's bringing along kids! and sitting in the east and family stands.

Match by Match tickets I think should be 20 quid including a 2 quid food or drink voucher....

Season Ticket holders should get Loyaltie Points 1 Season Ticket = 15pts... 60pts = one free home kit etc..

you then could get a free kit every 4 years or if you and a partner go then one every 2 years.... Id certainly like a clubcard scheme.....

Andrew Taylor should know all about schemes like this (from his macdonalds days).

Set up a (graham)..... POLL and see what prices would most suit the average punter, from a cross section I see 40-50yr olds and 22-25 are the bulk of then fans with the 35-40's bringing along kids! and sitting in the east and family stands.

Match by Match tickets I think should be 20 quid including a 2 quid food or drink voucher....

Season Ticket holders should get Loyaltie Points 1 Season Ticket = 15pts... 60pts = one free home kit etc..

you then could get a free kit every 4 years or if you and a partner go then one every 2 years.... Id certainly like a clubcard scheme.....

Andrew Taylor should know all about schemes like this (from his macdonalds days).

You have to do your own polls round here chum

I'm 20...If I stump up the money to go to a game, you can bet your ass I'm not getting a pie or having a bet, If I could have a £20 day out I'd be happy, that means ticket price of around £15 would suit me.

How about if the club start charging all those hangers on that get freebies from one source or another? How many do the Andrew Taylor, TNBD and there mates give away each week? There must be at least a couple of hundred including friends of directors, visiting scouts, other club reps and players family and friends. They get paid enough without getting all these freebies as well. All in better priced seats.

Having been a season ticket holder for longer that I care to remember it seems that this new lot are intent on driving me out as each season they come up with new 'initiatives' to get more fans in. Again we are asked to subsidize these initiatives. I would just like them to come clean and do a full comparison of last season and see who paid more, season ticket holder or someone who took advantage of all the offers.

The age group they should be aiming for is I agree 18 - 30 with or without their families.

If you'd have read the literature, we are having a loyalty scheme it's just not been disclosed as to how it will work yet!!

I was a part of the fans forum that originally put the idea forward so stick that up your PHUBES!

Well then you should have known!! :P

P.s. You leave my PHUBES alone, they're very sensitive!!!

I think it depends what kind of youngsters, and where and who they sit with.

If you get 10, 14 year olds together, they start making a noise. Split em up, and there silent, which is golden ;)

I had a couple of kids next to me at an evening game last year. This 10-year-old first repeatedly disrupted the players (especially the young ones) by constantly calling them (impacting on their concentration), then he cheekily tried to get me to hand over my "stop bullying" wristband. He was a bit of a handful.

What is the best price structure? 50p per age, untill you reach 50? 10 year old pays a fiver, 30 year old pays £15. The older you get, the more chance you earn more.

Or should it be fair, everyone pays "£15" no matter who you are?

Now its, if you are a good earner, you pay more, even though you supported the club longer, sad.

Not sure. All I can say is that I cannot afford these prices... Perhaps I should clone myself into a 10-year-old. That way I could have cheap games for 5/6 years!

:P

im 37 , i work nights so by the wekend im pretty tired and if i go to a match im generally shattered by the end of the game.

i have disposable income to waste but theres so much to spend my money on these days that football ticket prices have to be competitive and they are not.

my brother in law was never hardened city but he has now been charmed by a villa supporter into supporting them , better football , cheaper tickets , kit etc., and friendlier staff at their ground. :o

my niece is still city through and through but can only go to a match when i go so she doesnt go as often as she would like to.

two of my nephews have been seduced by the tigers , seems they find the atmosphere of a rugby match far better than at the walkers :blink:

i understand city need to raise cash and they are going to get quite a bit of this from the supporters on matchdays but if they are going to charge the kind of prices they are then they cant whine about lower gates because poeple will spend their very hard earned cash elsewhere and the longer these supporters stay away from the ground the more likely it is that they will not be back.

Archived