Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Real Sociedad Match Thread

He just said that he was surprised that Hammond is showing some good control but he can't put it in the net. Fecking moron, Some one get this pleb off my speaker FFS. i'm writing an email to RL. I can't stand him.

Have socidad got any commentary? I listen in spanish if i have to!

Scorchioooo!

Chris Waddle.

I don't think we should read too much into it.

I think we should, as what happened tonight was exactly what I expected from us. A team overloaded with defenders with no movement, pace, nothing. Tiatto seemed to have a free role, at one point Johansson was playing left wing, some of these decisions are just wrong. I must say the opposition was poor, very poor, but they should have easily won.

The team that started tonight is what will start at Luton (it's just whether it'll be Hughes or Williams). Unless there are drastic changes, it's going to be one long hard season again for us fans watching Leicester.

It doesn't seem promising.

The ghosts of Levein and Adams haven't entirely been exorcised. Both set out to create teams which were difficult to beat, but only succeeded in producing teams who were extremely difficult to watch.

If Kelly insists on fielding Maybury and Tiatto as wide midfielders, especially in home games, he will go a long way to producing the same results as his predecessors. We still lack flair and guile to break down massed visiting defences and with Burnley, not exactly the most attack-minded team in this league, due at the Way in 10 days, the signs are not encouraging.

But at least Henderson came safely through the game, and there were no more injuries!

Just thought I'd remind some people that the match tonight was only a pre-season friendly. No points were lost, none would've been gained if we'd won. No need to slit your wrists yet.

If you want an exciting pre-season friendly look no further than Fiorentina a few seasons ago. What a game that was, really exciting. What a great season it was that followed too...

Pre-season friendlies are exactly what they say they are. A passionless (most of the time), game that takes place before the real action starts. You pay your money knowing this. Don't be surprised when you see one.

What a complete and utter rip off.

It would have been more exciting watching a loo flush.

Here's hard up Leicester City, desperate to sell a few more season tickets contributing to what was nothing more than a f.....g apology for football.

The only significant home game of the pre-season friendlies finishes 0-0 with barely three or shots of any note.

Tiatto a winger? On one occasion, just one, he totally skinning his full back and had only to slide the ball across to a City striker in the penalty area but instead he completely messed up.

Everything of any merit he did was as a left back or deep left midfield.

Was there anything to hearten me? Yes. Johnson looked like a proper footballer.

Otherwise, had I presided over that shambles I'd have been ashamed.

It was simply an exercise in zonal marking. Not something to be sold as a football match to a paying audience.

Who in his right mind would have been inspired to buy a season ticket on the basis of watching that?

All the problems I imagined materialised.

Hume and Fryatt created a couple of great chances between them but otherwise they had no support and there was an occasion when Hammond received the ball centre-midfield and hadn't got a City player within 20 yards of him.

We had midfielder Porter on the left wing, left-footer Tiatto on the right second half, Maybury on the left. Was someone at the City taking the piss?

Had it been a meal I'd have send it back and asked to speak to the head chef.

Coupled with endless slow moving queues at the bars, unnecessarily pernickety stewards, a shambles in the ticket office it was an experience to forget and that was echoed by my guest from West Brom.

Talk about the all time own goal.

What does the chairman have to say?

I suppose he gets in free...

Archived