Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

Real Sociedad Match Thread

I just saw McCarthy, Maybs in town while having a domestic with the missus, they didnt seem too pleased but they seemed to dismiss me as a townie drunk anyway as I tried to speak to them which was kind of insulting :S

Nice to see everyone is taking a mature view on a friendly game against a La Liga Team. Well we were a bag of wank for one whole game against a team who are supposedly a lot better then us. Guess the whole season is a right off then.

What exactly were you all expecting? a fantastic display ending in a 3-0 win? They are a pretty below average La Liga team ( whoever said they finished in the top 10 is taking the piss, they nearly got relegated ) but they are a lot better then 95% of the teams we will face next season.

They did their job, which was close us out, same as they did with Huddersfield, and almost did against Doncaster, and I will be very surprised if WBA manage to find a way past them.

We were far from blistering obviously.

Any one who bothered to watch how they game was played would of noticed Sociedad started 4-5-1 and this inevitable ended in us playing stupid long balls over the top of the midfield. Stearmen and Mcarthy being the biggest culprits, which I can excuse the of because of their INEXPERINCE, and because Maybury and Tiatto (MOM sadly) didn't give them much of a outlet. Johnosn did look useful, as we all should expect from his past record. However he didn’t get many opportunities to sit and dictate the play, Stephan Huges looked out of sorts, Williams fared little better besides two or three sublime passes.

Fryatt looked isolated and Hume was near enough useless bar one good chance, He was finally replaced by Elvis, who again showed he should of taken up that career in sprinting.

Overall we were pretty rubbish but im not reading to much into it. As I said Danny Tiatto had a fair game, It seems I cant post without having a dig at our resident retired Sunday Sport writer but this so called easy assist was far from that, and came after he had won the ball for himself in a dangerous area. Defensively he had a very good game, however it made me wonder where Nisse was half the time. Going forward was pretty much how you'd expect it from him and maybury, lacking any kind of final ball. Tiatto in particular seemed hell bent on taking the ball that extra yard, on one occasion I actually screamed at him to cross it ( he kindly obliged, the cross of course was shite.) Des Wunder Kid replaced him.....and didn't touch the ball :rolleyes:

Ah well, It wasn’t all bad Fryatt should of scored :D bring on the new season. I wont be getting my knickers in a twist over tonight. At the end of the day we played how I would expect a midtable Championship team to play, and the sooner people realise that we need another 2 or 3 years for our young players to grow into good players who may actually be able to have a decent go at this division, the better.

Yeah get real!

It wasn't exciting nope and we didn't pull up any trees!

But Johnson looked usefull, I saw Williams working hard(at times) the back 4 looked solid.

And sociadad were a decent side, noone in the championship is going to keep the ball like they did.

You can't judge a team on pre season!

Looks like I missed a cracker!

Why no Kisnorbo? Anyone know?

because he is suspended at the start of the season so Rob probably wanted to put out as close to the starting line up as he could

I just saw McCarthy, Maybs in town while having a domestic with the missus, they didnt seem too pleased but they seemed to dismiss me as a townie drunk anyway as I tried to speak to them which was kind of insulting :S

Why were they having an argument with your missus? :P

Johnson i thought was good tonight i i think could be the key in our side this season,

does anyone agree with me that kenton was terrible last night?

As i remember from his time at the club before, he ain't a central defender.

As i remember from his time at the club before, he ain't a central defender.

As I remember, he wasn't a (comfortable) right back.

Him and McCarthy were a good partnership at centreback towards the end of the 2004/2005 season. Not the tallest, but had a good spring ala Frank Sinclair.

Nice to see everyone is taking a mature view on a friendly game against a La Liga Team. Well we were a bag of wank for one whole game against a team who are supposedly a lot better then us. Guess the whole season is a right off then.

What exactly were you all expecting? a fantastic display ending in a 3-0 win? They are a pretty below average La Liga team ( whoever said they finished in the top 10 is taking the piss, they nearly got relegated ) but they are a lot better then 95% of the teams we will face next season.

They did their job, which was close us out, same as they did with Huddersfield, and almost did against Doncaster, and I will be very surprised if WBA manage to find a way past them.

We were far from blistering obviously.

You are on a wind up aint'cha? You have to be sitting at your keyboard chuckling away after writing that out.

We were utter rank, clueless and tepid. The fact that we couldn't break down a side that got beat by Doncaster tells me all I need to know coupled with the other games.

Any one who bothered to watch how they game was played would of noticed Sociedad started 4-5-1 and this inevitable ended in us playing stupid long balls over the top of the midfield. Stearmen and Mcarthy being the biggest culprits, which I can excuse the of because of their INEXPERINCE, and because Maybury and Tiatto (MOM sadly) didn't give them much of a outlet. Johnosn did look useful, as we all should expect from his past record. However he didn’t get many opportunities to sit and dictate the play, Stephan Huges looked out of sorts, Williams fared little better besides two or three sublime passes.

This was the bit where I knew you were on a wind up. Inexperience??? In what? They are professional footballers entering their third season as first teamers, there is no inexperience there or if there is they need shooting.

You can't level that excuse in their defence, Stearman needs to get his head back out the clouds and do what he is good at, while McCarthey isn't as great as the yoof would believe.

Fryatt looked isolated and Hume was near enough useless bar one good chance, He was finally replaced by Elvis, who again showed he should of taken up that career in sprinting.

Overall we were pretty rubbish

And that quote says it all MP.

Rough times ahead.

You are on a wind up aint'cha? You have to be sitting at your keyboard chuckling away after writing that out.

We were utter rank, clueless and tepid. The fact that we couldn't break down a side that got beat by Doncaster tells me all I need to know coupled with the other games.

This was the bit where I knew you were on a wind up. Inexperience??? In what? They are professional footballers entering their third season as first teamers, there is no inexperience there or if there is they need shooting.

You can't level that excuse in their defence, Stearman needs to get his head back out the clouds and do what he is good at, while McCarthey isn't as great as the yoof would believe.

And that quote says it all MP.

Rough times ahead.

Ah Barton in the beans fox, I did wonder how long it would before I felt the blunt edge of your cynical wit :D:P

As I said it was a pre season friendly against a La Liga team, they looked extremely uncreative fair enough but they played well without the ball and kept it well, and they played a weakened side against Doncaster which may of been the reason they managed to get one past them. We have some half decent championship players at this club, we should really see off half of this division on our own patch, and pick up a decent amount of points on the road, IMO your ridiculous pessimism makes you just as bad as the play off brigade.

Two seasons in professional football hardly makes you an expert. Stearmen and Mcarthy ( I for one agree he is overrated by most Leicester fans ) like most of our team seem to struggle to find any passes when the midfield is packed, and of course they then resort to the hoof ball, instead of knocking it about or taking it forward a couple of more yards or one of the other thousand options available to them. This is either down to stupidity ( as you seem to think ) or inexperience, not being able to think about your position and the best way forward quick enough, resorting in a punt.

Besides the inexperience point was aimed at our resident retired Sunday Sport writer, pointing out the fact that two young players who have been playing at first team level for two season make poor decision from time to time. So filling the team with yet more inexperience really is not going to help.

The front two did lack ideas and movement but were hardly helped by the midfield. Hughes and Williams are both not doing their jobs. .... :angry:........sod it I cant be arsed, why am I even analysing the match and arguing with you its a friendly ffs.

Basically I think we're more likely to go down then up but I don’t see either happening.

Ah Barton in the beans fox, I did wonder how long it would before I felt the blunt edge of your cynical wit :D:P

As I said it was a pre season friendly against a La Liga team, they looked extremely uncreative fair enough but they played well without the ball and kept it well, and they played a weakened side against Doncaster which may of been the reason they managed to get one past them. We have some half decent championship players at this club, we should really see off half of this division on our own patch, and pick up a decent amount of points on the road, IMO your ridiculous pessimism makes you just as bad as the play off brigade.

Two seasons in professional football hardly makes you an expert. Stearmen and Mcarthy ( I for one agree he is overrated by most Leicester fans ) like most of our team seem to struggle to find any passes when the midfield is packed, and of course they then resort to the hoof ball, instead of knocking it about or taking it forward a couple of more yards or one of the other thousand options available to them. This is either down to stupidity ( as you seem to think ) or inexperience, not being able to think about your position and the best way forward quick enough, resorting in a punt.

Besides the inexperience point was aimed at our resident retired Sunday Sport writer, pointing out the fact that two young players who have been playing at first team level for two season make poor decision from time to time. So filling the team with yet more inexperience really is not going to help.

The front two did lack ideas and movement but were hardly helped by the midfield. Hughes and Williams are both not doing their jobs. .... :angry:........sod it I cant be arsed, why am I even analysing the match and arguing with you its a friendly ffs.

Basically I think we're more likely to go down then up but I don’t see either happening.

I think you and I agree on most points, I like the Sunday Sport reference though regarding the champion if the U15's lol

I think you and I agree on most points, I like the Sunday Sport reference though regarding the champion if the U15's lol

It's a bit of a cheap shot really :blush::D

I do see his points....sometimes, I had the "pleasure" of watching WBA (their youth team basically) Tamworth today, the baggies got hammered and if I was a WBA fan I would be worried for the future.

We do have some very useful youngsters. Some people get a little carried away howe :D ver

anyone know what happened in the kop end? why people were being chucked out?

What happened was we were all standing singing for the team at the back, and if you were there we were singing stuff like if you all hate the spaniards clap your hands and stupid stuff like that, and they singled out 13-14 year old kids! Pathetic!

What happened was we were all standing singing for the team at the back, and if you were there we were singing stuff like if you all hate the spaniards clap your hands and stupid stuff like that, and they singled out 13-14 year old kids! Pathetic!

They're Basque though :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well it's a pathetic racist chant in all fairness.

Well it's a pathetic racist chant in all fairness.

I've always wonder why this sort of chanting/singing was considered :thumbup: as it seems to have no relevance or impact on supporting the team and it's not even humourous, every song should be to do with the team, individual players and the manager in that order, now and again throw in a few jokey jibes at the oppo otherwise what's the point?

Archived