Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Gerrbrand leaves

I can't believe the amount of people crying about this.... where were you all when he couldn't get in the first 11. I didn't hear people saying where is he he's the second best defender we have!!!

The guy was on a fair wedge I would guess... too much for someone who is only back up behind Paddy mac, Paddy K and Kenton.

Look, we got Mcauley for Free and Liverpool were sniffing at one point, CL didnt boo boo with Gerrbrand but did with Hamill.... He bought in fryatt which was good buisness..

AT LEAST he didnt have 5 million to spend on a striker!!!!!

I'm sure Rob Kelly knows what hes doing!

Look, we got Mcauley for Free and Liverpool were sniffing at one point, CL didnt boo boo with Gerrbrand but did with Hamill.... He bought in fryatt which was good buisness..

AT LEAST he didnt have 5 million to spend on a striker!!!!!

I'm sure Rob Kelly knows what hes doing!

I doubt that very much.

I can't believe the amount of people crying about this.... where were you all when he couldn't get in the first 11. I didn't hear people saying where is he he's the second best defender we have!!!

The guy was on a fair wedge I would guess... too much for someone who is only back up behind Paddy mac, Paddy K and Kenton.

I think people are pissed off with the signings of 2 defenders, when we already had adequate back-up. The 2 defenders that have signed although are ok, aren't going to improve our defence so it's just stupid.

I think people are pissed off with the signings of 2 defenders, when we already had adequate back-up. The 2 defenders that have signed although are ok, aren't going to improve our defence so it's just stupid.

For starters I think we needed the signing of a defender, especially if maybury is now converted to a right winger. So Kenton was perfect for that as he can cover all the positions.

Also It's not stupid if Kelly didn't rate the guy... and that is all that matters!! Or maybe If he was on 4k say, Kelly thought getting a decent replacement for 1.5k (McCauley) would free up 2.5k to get in a player he felt we needed more.

For me, except the re signing of Tiatto Kelly has been absolutly spot on with what he has done. Yes we would have loved a new goal keeper too but he has to ship out before he can get one in and I can't see many takers for Rab and his wages!!

Scratch getting in someone else!!!!!!!!

No more spending on recruits - Kelly

Robert Kelly accepts he will not be able to bring in replacements even if Patrik Gerrbrand follows Joe Hamill's exit from Leicester City.

Indeed, the manager says he is happy with the cover he has in his squad and that there is plenty of competition for places.

Left-sided midfielder Hamill had his contract cancelled last week, and defender Gerrbrand began negotiations with Norwegian side Frederikstad over the weekend.

That would leave Kelly's squad two down on numbers but he does not see it as a great concern.

He said: "We have got decent cover. We brought in Darren Kenton and Gareth McAuley, who play at the back. I brought in four in the summer and, with no Reserves side this year, one or two would have to go.

"One has gone and it looks as if another might, but it will not free anything up. It has reduced the wage bill but I think that has already been accounted for.''

With the pre-season games out of the way, Kelly is concentrating on his starting line-up for the visit to Luton on Saturday.

Some players have given Kelly food for thought during the build-up. Strikers Chris O'Grady and Elvis Hammond have been more potent than the acknowledged main pairing of Matty Fryatt and Iain Hume.

But, when it gets down to the real thing, things could be different.

Kelly said: "A few of them have given me cause for thought but I am fairly settled in my mind how we are going to start.

"We have a lot of games in a very short period so we are going to need everyone.

"In pre-season, it is probably wrong to single out players but we do have competition

for places up front.

"O'Grady has done well, as has Elvis. All four, plus Louis Dodds and Mark de Vries, have done well in training but I am settled in my own mind."

The injury concerns over midfielder James Wesolowski and goalkeeper Rab Douglas are easing. Both should be back in training by the end of the week but are not likely to be in the reckoning for Kenilworth Road.

Very depressing, it also mentions the 'no reserve' side, which although we already knew I thought we'd still arrange a fair amount of reserve games even if we weren't in a league. I know we might still do that, but from what Kelly says there it seems very unclear.

I think if we struggle then he'll try and bring someone in on loan, but the fact we've saved the wages on these two for the next few years surely amounts to about £500,000? That's more than enough to get someone in if need be.

He'd better get off to a good start because he is really starting to make me wonder now. <_< Prehaps it was just the luck that seems to come with a caretaker manager that kept us up.

Time will tell. He's a motivator though so I don't think he'll mess it up without a fight. The fact is we're skint and it's hard to accept.

Time will tell. He's a motivator though so I don't think he'll mess it up without a fight. The fact is we're skint and it's hard to accept.

We can't be that skint, and what does he mean "the money has already been accounted for " what we spending it on Andrew Taylor's Big Macs? Dear oh dear.

We can't be that skint, and what does he mean "the money has already been accounted for " what we spending it on Andrew Taylor's Big Macs? Dear oh dear.

There would have been signing on fees for most of the " free " players that have joined us, plus their wages too - I would guess that's what RK is alluding to.

Levein appeared to spend all of his budget a few times and then managed to find more money albeit mainly due to the Connolly transfer, but managers often find abit of cash during the season when things aren't going right. I just think we could do with one more left sided player to start with, i'd be alot more confident if we did.

Maybe the Norwegian side paid his contract off as part of the 'deal'

Do you have to pay people's contracts off? I thought if another teams signs you during your contract unless you refuse to go, then they just then get paid what they agree with their new club?

Do you have to pay people's contracts off? I thought if another teams signs you during your contract unless you refuse to go, then they just then get paid what they agree with their new club?

It wasn't a straight transfer though was it? For some reason we cancelled his contract so he could move there. Not sure why?

Archived