Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Gerrbrand leaves

It wasn't a straight transfer though was it? For some reason we cancelled his contract so he could move there. Not sure why?

Well im no expert on this but my understanding of it is

Club cancels contract - Club pays compo

Players cancel contract - player pays compo

Cancellation by mutual consent - normally little money involved, player sometimes receives a nominal fee

Gerrbrands was by Mutual consent so :unsure:

Do you have to pay people's contracts off? I thought if another teams signs you during your contract unless you refuse to go, then they just then get paid what they agree with their new club?

It wasn't a straight transfer though was it? For some reason we cancelled his contract so he could move there. Not sure why?

Well im no expert on this but my understanding of it is

Club cancels contract - Club pays compo

Players cancel contract - player pays compo

Cancellation by mutual consent - normally little money involved, player sometimes receives a nominal fee

Gerrbrands was by Mutual consent so :unsure:

Will we ever know? Do we actually care?

Swedish stopper Patrik Gerrbrand could be on his way out of Leicester City after the Championship side allowed him to speak with another club.

Gerrbrand has entered into dialogue with Norwegian outfit Fredrikstad after making just 18 appearances for The Foxes last season.

With Darren Kenton and Gareth McAuley both arriving at The Walkers Stadium over the summer the defender's first team chances are also likely to be further restricted in the coming campaign.

As a result, manager Rob Kelly has now allowed Gerrbrand to talk with the Norwegian outfit about an exit from the Championship club.

"We have given Patrik and his agent permission to open talks and we will see what happens," said Kelly.

With Joe Hamill having already left The Walkers Stadium, fears have been raised that City will begin the season with a lack of strength in depth.

However, Kelly believes his squad are well equipped for the challenge of the new season.

"We have got decent cover," Kelly told the Leicester Mercury.

"We brought in Darren Kenton and Gareth McAuley, who play at the back.

"I brought in four in the summer and, with no reserves side this year, one or two would have to go.

"One has gone and it looks as if another might, but it will not free anything up.

"It has reduced the wage bill but I think that has already been accounted for.''

I guess that rules out any new signings <_<

Well yes because if theres money to be had, this club needs it, as we all know...

Just getting rid of a player saves money. Can't get too greedy. Beggars can't be choosers when in Leicester's position.

Shame to see him go I actually thought he was decent cover, however we do have defenders coming out of our ears so its probably for the best, good look Paddy

When you're in this league you cant afford to have luxury centre-halves who are weak in the air but strong at passing when your penalty area is suffering an aerial assault in the late stages of your typical Championship match, Gerrbrand was a main example of this, his mistake at Stoke funnily enough was on the floor so you have to wonder how good he actually was considering people are bigging him up on here possibly because we had to fight off interest from a Bundesliga outfit, sadly that doesnt make him a good player. Mcauley from what i've seen looks good in the air and can pass a ball over a 20 yard distance, that'll do for me. Hes already done Gerrbrand on one of those counts. Kenton is versatile with a decent jump and good recovery pace, then the obvious being the two Paddy's we know all about, Gerrbrand doesnt bring anything to the side that these 4 players dont i'm afraid, he won't be missed by me.

I know I might be mad, but I would seriously start to consider to sell Stearman if a £2 million + offer came in. Aslong as Kelly can be trusted in the transfer market and he was allowed to use all of the money then this team could be kitted out. Let's face it, we already have 2 right backs and although Stearman will become premiership class within the near future we are at a stage where we desperately need money to strengthen our team in several areas.

I know I might be mad, but I would seriously start to consider to sell Stearman if a £2 million + offer came in. Aslong as Kelly can be trusted in the transfer market and he was allowed to use all of the money then this team could be kitted out. Let's face it, we already have 2 right backs and although Stearman will become premiership class within the near future we are at a stage where we desperately need money to strengthen our team in several areas.

That's more like it! I prefer a bit of controversy.

I kind of agree except I think Kelly might be a bit rubbish in the transfer market from his dealings so far :ph34r: :pinch: :pinch: I've only been impressed by one of his signings but hopefully once the season starts it will become clear why the hell we signed Kenton, McAuley and Low, released Gerrbrand and re-signed Tiatto. Brevett hmm. Welsh - right idea but wtf haven't we got anyone for this season? I am rambling. You get the point. I am just filling hours before Luton.

PS - I'd sell Stearman in a straight swap for Andy Reid on a four-year contract. Discuss.

That's more like it! I prefer a bit of controversy.

I kind of agree except I think Kelly might be a bit rubbish in the transfer market from his dealings so far :ph34r: :pinch: :pinch: I've only been impressed by one of his signings but hopefully once the season starts it will become clear why the hell we signed Kenton, McAuley and Low, released Gerrbrand and re-signed Tiatto. Brevett hmm. Welsh - right idea but wtf haven't we got anyone for this season? I am rambling. You get the point. I am just filling hours before Luton.

PS - I'd sell Stearman in a straight swap for Andy Reid on a four-year contract. Discuss.

Are you implying he's a poor man's Jose Mourinho in the transfer market? :D

Agree on the Reid swap deal, that would tickle my fish.

Interesting read at the BBC Sport website this morning...

Although the article says nothing new, I am intrigued by the wording.

Leicester defender Patrik Gerrbrand is set for a move to Norway after the Foxes agreed to cancel his contract.

Now, there's no guarantee that this wording is true/accurate and not just the way the writer decided to word it because he had no other ideas is anyone's guess...

But for arguments sake, we'll assume that is the way it was - Leicester agreed to terminate Gerrbrand's contract.

To me, that says we didn't pay him a penny.

If I remember rightly:

* if the club terminates a contract with a player, the club pays the player compensation.

* if a player wishes to cancel his own contact, the player pays the club compensation.

Well, the word 'agreed' in the statement quoted suggested that Gerrbrand requested the termination of the contract - and we have allowed him walk. The mutual consent bit in all other statement suggests neither side paid anyone for the privilage.

Just as a side-note to the real discussion going on here. :P

I reckon if we sold anyone RK wouldn't see a penny of it. What happened about all that chat that we needed ST sales to help RK in the transfer market. I can't believe it was to bring in 4 freebies and let 2 off the wage bill.

Either we were lied to by the officials of the Club or there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes at present :whistle:

I reckon if we sold anyone RK wouldn't see a penny of it. What happened about all that chat that we needed ST sales to help RK in the transfer market. I can't believe it was to bring in 4 freebies and let 2 off the wage bill.

Either we were lied to by the officials of the Club or there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes at present :whistle:

there would be extra money once we sold 16,000 season tickets, which we havnt therefore RK wont see any extra money. its going to be another year of low attendances

I would agree totally - having not seen him at centre back yet, his allegedly proper position, it is yet to be seen if he can become a really good one or not. Having a class right back is not going to win you games. A top class centre half, keeper, striker or centre mid, will win you games but not a right back. Having a quality right back - which he isn't yet is a luxury we cannot afford at the moment!!

I would definatly be interested in a swap deal for Reid, he would be just what we need really. With Kenton and Maybury we do have right backs and if Momo manages to keep up a possible revival we could have a more better all-round team with that suggestion. Who knows?

did u fancy him or something?

I would definatly be interested in a swap deal for Reid, he would be just what we need really. With Kenton and Maybury we do have right backs and if Momo manages to keep up a possible revival we could have a more better all-round team with that suggestion. Who knows?

One slight problem - wages makes this a non-starter.

Archived