Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Gerrbrand leaves

I would definatly be interested in a swap deal for Reid, he would be just what we need really. With Kenton and Maybury we do have right backs and if Momo manages to keep up a possible revival we could have a more better all-round team with that suggestion. Who knows?

If I'd written about one of the youth players as has been written about Sylla after just one okay performance, I'd have been ridiculed.

Let's get Sylla's performance into perspective. He played in central midfield for a start, not on the wing, and as far as I am aware he is hardly likely to be playing there for the first team when we have the likes of Johnson, Wesolowski and Hughes available among a few others.

His performance didn't really rank as a revival. It was just much better than his other efforts to date. He still didn't score a goal, make a goal or dictate the play in any way. He just tried hard and made an acceptable contribution in what everyone has dismissed as an easy game.

My player rating for Sylla was 6 or 6.5 and that was actually towards the bottom end of ratings for the day.

Logan, Kisnorbo, Porter, O'Grady, Dodds, even Sheehan, who was not at his best had far more effect. Even low-key Low scored a goal.

Don't mistake me. I was pleased for Sylla. But even if his attitude remains positive, and I hope it does, he has the lasting problem of so rarely having any effect on a game. Even a game against Hinckley

If I'd written about one of the youth players as has been written about Sylla after just one okay performance, I'd have been ridiculed.

Let's get Sylla's performance into perspective. He played in central midfield for a start, not on the wing, and as far as I am aware he is hardly likely to be playing there for the first team when we have the likes of Johnson, Wesolowski and Hughes available among a few others.

His performance didn't really rank as a revival. It was just much better than his other efforts to date. He still didn't score a goal, make a goal or dictate the play in any way. He just tried hard and made an acceptable contribution in what everyone has dismissed as an easy game.

My player rating for Sylla was 6 or 6.5 and that was actually towards the bottom end of ratings for the day.

Logan, Kisnorbo, Porter, O'Grady, Dodds, even Sheehan, who was not at his best had far more effect. Even low-key Low scored a goal.

Don't mistake me. I was pleased for Sylla. But even if his attitude remains positive, and I hope it does, he has the lasting problem of so rarely having any effect on a game. Even a game against Hinckley

Ah I didn't know he was played in the middle - I assumed wrong. I like you hope he does pull it together though. Wages indeed do make the Reid move a non-starter although it would have been nice and he would have been ideal for our left side. No one else really would seem worth a Stearman swap - unless anyone has any realistic suggestions...but I can't think of any.

He played right wing against licoln, remember that half when we scored 3 goals, he looked pretty handy there and was working hard. I would have him ahead of maybury (and one of many lovechilds levi :thumbup:) at right wing.

He played right wing against licoln, remember that half when we scored 3 goals, he looked pretty handy there and was working hard. I would have him ahead of maybury (and one of many lovechilds levi :thumbup:) at right wing.

With his record of no goals and four assists over the last 12 months I'd sure like to know why cos Levi gets more assists in a month but I don't suppose that would count for much - wrong opposition!.

With his record of no goals and four assists over the last 12 months I'd sure like to know why cos Levi gets more assists in a month but I don't suppose that would count for much - wrong opposition!.

You are right, it doesnt

Because I don''t think levi has the physical presence or pace to get him through the championship. I think he should go on loan two a league 2 club where he can get soem first team experiance and see if it would be worth keeping him on.

I think sylla coulddo a job for us if he kept up his work the rate. Him and hommond in the same team could really cause teams problems with their pace

Because I don''t think levi has the physical presence or pace to get him through the championship. I think he should go on loan two a league 2 club where he can get soem first team experiance and see if it would be worth keeping him on.

I think sylla coulddo a job for us if he kept up his work the rate. Him and hommond in the same team could really cause teams problems with their pace

Sylla had a decent amount of time at the beginning of last season to 'cause problems with his pace' and he just didn't. If was really that dangerous, he'd have featured more under Kelly. But so far, he hasn't.

Sylla had a decent amount of time at the beginning of last season to 'cause problems with his pace' and he just didn't. If was really that dangerous, he'd have featured more under Kelly. But so far, he hasn't.

In addition to that, Sylla rarely had an end product, despite some promising patches of play. The truth is, if you have an attitude like Sylla's, that's not likely to change. There were many games last season where he simply couldn't be bothered.

It's difficult with Sylla. He clearly wasn't in any part of Kelly's plan when Kelly took over but Kelly said he was impressed with his commitment and he did get an outing at the fag-end of last season. It's not just pace - he tries some ambitious and intelligent passing moves but he's rarely connected with other players. Him and Williams in the same team is asking for trouble but I'd always like to see one of them there.

I'd rather about five first team regulars went out on loan - none of em being Levi - but

I asked the question, I certainly respect you for answering and I look forward to seeing how it pans out.

Why do people keep going on about hammonds pace?? He's rubbish. Shit off a stick he reminds me of.

Just look when ben johnson played that celebrity game he was garbage. Don't matter how quick you are if you can't kick the ball in the direction you want it to go in.

On the subject of Stearman, I've heard he's on between £3.5K-£4K a week which is a decent packet for a player of his age and apparently Arsenal have been watching him. He would be a cheaper and easier to agree a fee for than Curtis Davies at WBA who Arsenal have been after. Not quite as good as Davies yet but has the potential. His lack of Premiership experience may put Arsenal off though.

On the subject of Stearman, I've heard he's on between £3.5K-£4K a week which is a decent packet for a player of his age and apparently Arsenal have been watching him. He would be a cheaper and easier to agree a fee for than Curtis Davies at WBA who Arsenal have been after. Not quite as good as Davies yet but has the potential. His lack of Premiership experience may put Arsenal off though.

why would Wenger buy him? he doesnt like English players. he wont even have any next season now that Cole is leaving.

why would Wenger buy him? he doesnt like English players. he wont even have any next season now that Cole is leaving.

He's been after Davies all summer. The only reason he won't get him is because Robson won't sell him for any price. We would probably be slightly easier to agree a deal with having been out of the Premiership for a coupleof seasons and still struggling financially. Stearman would be a cheaper option with less experience and slightly less ability I'd say but still a good signing for the future if Arsenal took him from us.

Think we are going round in circles here with the Sylla/Porter etc peripherals...

Porbably die to anticipation and boredom, but lets cut to the chase

RK will play the ones he feels appropriate, Porter wont feature a great deal and actually nor will Sylla, unless injury dictates their inclusion, all that said..its a long season with two cups...we could see them and if they do get their chance lets hope they both do the bizzo.

Full stop...

Now lets stop BANGING ON about young/peripheral players getting their chance...its obviously on the cards to bring the academy through so lets trust RK & co to do it when they feel its right.

He's been after Davies all summer. The only reason he won't get him is because Robson won't sell him for any price. We would probably be slightly easier to agree a deal with having been out of the Premiership for a coupleof seasons and still struggling financially. Stearman would be a cheaper option with less experience and slightly less ability I'd say but still a good signing for the future if Arsenal took him from us.

but would it be a good move for him. apart from ash cole, who was the last young english player who did well under Wenger? Jeffers, pennant, bentley, wright, smith, hoyte + more have all failed after having high expectations. i would put my money on Walcott being a complete flop as well.

Think we are going round in circles here with the Sylla/Porter etc peripherals...

Porbably die to anticipation and boredom, but lets cut to the chase

RK will play the ones he feels appropriate, Porter wont feature a great deal and actually nor will Sylla, unless injury dictates their inclusion, all that said..its a long season with two cups...we could see them and if they do get their chance lets hope they both do the bizzo.

Full stop...

Now lets stop BANGING ON about young/peripheral players getting their chance...its obviously on the cards to bring the academy through so lets trust RK & co to do it when they feel its right.

Wonder how long it'll be 'til the next Porter/Sylla post? I give it 5 minutes myself!! :whistle:

but would it be a good move for him. apart from ash cole, who was the last young english player who did well under Wenger? Jeffers, pennant, bentley, wright, smith, hoyte + more have all failed after having high expectations. i would put my money on Walcott being a complete flop as well.

It's questinable. All I know is that he seems to have been informed that Arsenal have been watching him. It would make sense, wouldn't be a complete surprise if they did make an offer in my opinion and he may feel that he's learnt enough during the last season and a half to warrant a step up. As I said, £3.5K a week and almost guaranteed first team football at Championship level would be pretty attractive at the age of 18/19. We signed a contract extension with him some time last season so he's probably got 2 or 3 years still to go. He could afford to stay with us another season and then re-assess his future next summer.

if they come in with 4 million, he can go.

We would accept that for him, I'm pretty sure. If we did accept an offer for him from Arsenal he would move even if his chances of playing every week are slim even though I would say it would do him better to stay here for at least one more season.

Archived