Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Are You Rich Enough

I believe that rich businessmen can normally be found in massage parlors, while their wives think they are entertaining corporate clients. Maybe someone should go to a lot of seedy bordello's as part of the money quest, is that the kind of job you're up for Davie?

I believe that rich businessmen can normally be found in massage parlors, while their wives think they are entertaining corporate clients. Maybe someone should go to a lot of seedy bordello's as part of the money quest, is that the kind of job you're up for Davie?

Yes but only about once a month :P if I can concentrate on the matter in hand, oo'oer

I think there should be a raffle type thing with 100 local businessmen or anyone with enough cash.

They all by a raffle ticket for a fixed price of say £50,000.

So that's basically £5 million. You could lower or raiser the price or try and make it 1000 businessmen. Anyway then what happens is, the raffle takes place and whoever's ticket is picked out then takesover at Leicester with all the money raised to buy out the current set of clowns.

What I can't work out is whether it's a good thing winning the raffle or the booby prize. That might make this whole idea un-appealing. But i'm sure there must be alot of rich people out there willing to gamble £50,000 on the chance of then being in charge of a football club. They could then put a consortium together to run the club and have nothing to do with it if they don't want.

1000 x £50,000 = £50 million

Job on.

Or do a John Q type thing and take some multi billionaire hostage until he agrees and signs to buy out Leicester and pump £150 million in to it. You'd go down for a few years, but it might be worth it?

I think there should be a raffle type thing with 100 local businessmen or anyone with enough cash.

So that's basically £5 million. You could lower or raiser the price or try and make it 1000 businessmen. Anyway then what happens is, the raffle takes place and whoever's ticket is picked out then takesover at Leicester with all the money raised to buy out the current set of clowns.

What I can't work out is whether it's a good thing winning the raffle or the booby prize. That might make this whole idea un-appealing. But i'm sure there must be alot of rich people out there willing to gamble £50,000 on the chance of then being in charge of a football club. They could then put a consortium together to run the club and have nothing to do with it if they don't want.

Job on.

Or do a John Q type thing and take some multi billionaire hostage until he agrees and signs to buy out Leicester and pump £150 million in to it. You'd go down for a few years, but it might be worth it?

Thats a good idea however I'm sure that more would be willing to pay a lower figure off perhaps 35k

Off topic but who actually owns the club now? I have not an idea

Give me twenty years ;). if I ever get crazy rich then I'll be back with a very large cheque. Sadly I won't ever make enough money. :(

NOt with that attitude...go and get it sunshine... thats whats so good about this country and the democracy we live in... it allows such actions! :thumbup:

Job on.

If you ever get such a thing off the ground I might be able to alert about 300 company MD's through a close

contact of mine who rather likes his football.

Job on.

There's no way any one would pay 50'Gs for a 1 in a 1000 chance of winnning this club.

Sod the lottery/raffle!...thats the kind of astute financial planning that LCFC love... make him chairman!!

He might be a triffle hard to get hold of. But I believe his name was Singh.

The car number was 51NGH.

And whoever bought K1NGS presumably has a few bob too because that cost £231,000.

Or perhaps we could raffle my friend's number F4CUP among football supporters. If there's a marketing genius knocking around who believes it could be done with significant effect on City's future then I'm sure the owner would be interested.

Disco Bob says I should do something positive so there you are, the idea's on the table.

Job on.

Only one problem with this... Would we really want anyoe stupid enough to buya £50k raffle tiket in charge of the club The current lot put in more than that, and you don;t like them very much.

I can't stop thinking about this £50,000 thing now, which is slightly annoying as I should be getting on with my job.

Lets say the Club makes a serious attempt to get 1000 people to do this. Presumably £50 million would wipe out the debt and leave a pretty reasonable war chest for getting out of the Championship (front door rather than back)

So in return for the £50,000 what could the club give in return?

Well it could give each donor a family of four season ticket for life. Four season tickets for 20 years would cost approx £32,000 at today's prices.

it could invite me to some exclusive dinner with players/management etc every year.

It could also add an investment element to the package. Something along the lines of each season the Club is in the Premiership over the next 20 years, each investor receives a Premiership bonus. This could be on a sliding scale. Clearly the longer we're in the Premiership the richer the Club becomes. So first season back in the Prem each investor gets £1,000. Second season £2,000. Haven't worked it all out, but you get my drift.

There is a lot of wealth in this country, and a lot of money in Leicestershire, not to mention Foxiles further afield.

This may be a crazy idea, but the Club needs to do something pretty left field (no, I'm not talking about Tiatto) to escape from its current predicament.

In the financial world this is called securitisation (loosely) - ie paying money up front against a guaranteed income. In this case we're asking people to pay money up front in return for a number of benefits etc etc.

Only one problem with this... Would we really want anyoe stupid enough to buya £50k raffle tiket in charge of the club The current lot put in more than that, and you don;t like them very much.

Well we could force them out pretty quickly if they were crap :D atleast we'd have got a few quid in the meantime.

I can't stop thinking about this £50,000 thing now, which is slightly annoying as I should be getting on with my job.

Lets say the Club makes a serious attempt to get 1000 people to do this. Presumably £50 million would wipe out the debt and leave a pretty reasonable war chest for getting out of the Championship (front door rather than back)

So in return for the £50,000 what could the club give in return?

Well it could give each donor a family of four season ticket for life. Four season tickets for 20 years would cost approx £32,000 at today's prices.

it could invite me to some exclusive dinner with players/management etc every year.

It could also add an investment element to the package. Something along the lines of each season the Club is in the Premiership over the next 20 years, each investor receives a Premiership bonus. This could be on a sliding scale. Clearly the longer we're in the Premiership the richer the Club becomes. So first season back in the Prem each investor gets £1,000. Second season £2,000. Haven't worked it all out, but you get my drift.

There is a lot of wealth in this country, and a lot of money in Leicestershire, not to mention Foxiles further afield.

This may be a crazy idea, but the Club needs to do something pretty left field (no, I'm not talking about Tiatto) to escape from its current predicament.

In the financial world this is called securitisation (loosely) - ie paying money up front against a guaranteed income. In this case we're asking people to pay money up front in return for a number of benefits etc etc.

:thumbup: Ideas that are well worth exploring further.

i'm rich enough but intend staying that way :)

the old adage is;

the best way to make a milllion pounds in football is to start with 10 million :thumbup:

Which begs the question... where can I get those 10 million from (please)? :P

Which begs the question... where can I get those 10 million from (please)? :P

*licks pencil*

Dear Jim,

I would like you to fix it for me to have ten million pounds so that I can buy Leicester City FC. If you could fix it for me to do this I promise to send you a new Foxes track suit and a brand new flag.

It's difficult. The few rich business-people I know who are local to Leicester are totally disinterested in the football. Partly it's the rugby thing but the one who has the most disposable cash is Asian British and the one thing that is absolutely clear is the club has almost no cultural connection with the asian communities in Leicester. I know the club tries to break this down - rightly so, for if it did and the club support was as multicultural as the city, I would guess that we business-owners like him would be interested.

Here ya are

Midlands' Richest 100 People

These are the Midland's Richest 100 people. Click on the names below to find out more about them:

Sir Anthony Bamford

£800m

Edmund And Lord Vestey

£700m

Jorgen-Philip Sorensen

£630m

John Caudwell

£500m

David And Ralph Gold

£410m

Felix Dennis

£400m

Sir Peter Rigby

£352m

The Duke Of Devonshire

£350m

David Sullivan

£350m

Bob Edmiston

£340m

Freddie Linnett & The Murphy Family

£325m

Don & Roy Richardson

£300m

David Wilson

£300m

Lord Paul & Family

£280m

Tony Wilkinson

£270m

Tony Gallagher

£250m

John Bloor

£235m

Grahame Whately

£170m

David Samworth

£160m

John Kirkland

£155m

Sir Euan Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe

£150m

Sir Jack Hayward

£140m

David & Richard Darling

£130m

Sir Michael Bishop

£125m

Marquess Of Northampton

£120m

Chris Stamper

£120m

William Adderley & Family

£115m

Douglas Graham & Family

£112m

Duke Of Beaufort

£110m

Stephen Hitchens & Family

£110m

David Ross

£110m

Michael Horton & Family

£106m

Sir David Mcmurtry

£105m

Duke Of Rutland

£103m

Andrew Cohen

£100m

Charles Yeates

£100m

Earl Spencer

£96m

Edelin Davis & Family

£90m

Chris Wright

£88m

Ron Jelley

£80m

June Reynolds-Lacey

£80m

Earl Of Wemyss

£80m

Anne Wood

£77m

Ranjit & Baljinder Boparan

£75m

Esmond Bulmer

£75m

Sir Stan Clarke

£75m

Alan Jackson

£75m

Amin Tejani

£75m

Engelbert Humperdinck

£75m

Leon Litchfield

£74m

Michael Brinton

£65m

Abdul Rashid Tayub

£65m

Tom Wheatcroft

£65m

Rasham Lally

£64m

Stuart Balmforth

£60m

Eric Grove

£60m

David Johnson

£60m

Robert Plant

£60m

Christopher Taylor

£60m

Keith Bradshaw

£58m

James Hull

£58m

Richard & Brenda Smith

£57m

Denys Shortt

£55m

Jean Aucott & Family

£54m

John Deer

£52m

Michael Bertioli

£50m

Nick Mason

£50m

Ozzy Osbourne

£50m

Joseph Salmon

£50m

Lady Ashcombe & Family

£50m

Tony Sullman

£50m

Ray Chamberlain

£45m

Derek Coombs

£45m

John Hales

£45m

Tony Marmont

£45m

Edward Speed

£41m

The Earl Of Aylesford

£40m

Paul Bassi

£40m

Nigel Mansell

£40m

William Greenwood

£40m

Fred & Clinton Smith

£40m

Douglas Woolf

£40m

Jean Broadhurst

£35m

Peter Gadsby

£35m

Charan & Shalinder Sohal

£35m

Charles Clowes

£33m

Peter Tom

£33m

Richard Burbidge

£32m

Karl Parkinson

£32m

Michael Connors

£30m

John Cutts

£30m

Cecil Duckworth

£30m

Michael Gregory

£30m

Kevin Lomax

£30m

Peter Morgan & Family

£30m

Alan Nuttall

£30m

Perween & Talib Warsi

£30m

Robbie Williams

£30m

Earl Of Bathurst

£29m

Fred Pritchard

Now some sad Twat can trude through em all and find a investor.

Click the names to find out more!

Archived