Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

Maybury to sunderland

I think whats happened here is that we value Maybury at £500,000 and Sunderland have only offered about £250,000 because they know we are skint so and need whatever money we can get. So Niall has decided to "cool" his interest in the hope that it brings our valuation of Maybury down. All I hope for is that we can get a left winger in before the deadline such as Welsh or Elliott

I think whats happened here is that we value Maybury at £500,000 and Sunderland have only offered about £250,000 because they know we are skint so and need whatever money we can get. So Niall has decided to "cool" his interest in the hope that it brings our valuation of Maybury down. All I hope for is that we can get a left winger in before the deadline such as Welsh or Elliott

I think if those figures are correct we should just give in and get 250,000 which in my opinion is more than enough for a player that has rarely impressed me. However I don't believe 250,000 will be enough to prise Welsh or Elliot away from their clubs.

Come Leicester sort it out, we need to sell Maybury while we've got the chance

Have you ever thought about offering your services to negotiate on Leicester's behalf?

Before we start this meeting Mr. Quinn, let me just start by saying, we're desperate to sell and want to get rid whilst we have a chance. So, shall we start the discussions at say £400,000? :thumbup:

Have you ever thought about offering your services to negotiate on Leicester's behalf?

Before we start this meeting Mr. Quinn, let me just start by saying, we're desperate to sell and want to get rid whilst we have a chance. So, shall we start the discussions at say £400,000? :thumbup:

£250,000 for a player like Maybury is good enough me! You've got a deal Mr Quinn

I'm abit concerned, although Quin and Maybury are supposed to be mates, Leicester's hesitance or asking price may have killed the sale. If Maybury doesn't leave city, I can imagine him be demotivated and angry towards the club, which would leave us with another dead duck in the team!!!! :rolleyes:

I hope he goes for all our sakes!!!

I'm abit concerned, although Quin and Maybury are supposed to be mates, Leicester's hesitance or asking price may have killed the sale. If Maybury doesn't leave city, I can imagine him be demotivated and angry towards the club, which would leave us with another dead duck in the team!!!! :rolleyes:

I hope he goes for all our sakes!!!

This already happened when Levein wouldn't sell him to Sunderland last year. Oh and since he's been asked to play out of position.

Keep up guys.

I'm busy bringing the flange to the table so you guys can concentrate on the footie ongoings and you can't even do that! :P

We did say yes, so as mentioned previously, it could be a negotiating ploy.

We wait ages before saying yes, then they decide that perhaps we don't want him just yet... well we've already said we'd flog him, which puts us in a sticky spot. We've got a player on the books we agreed to sell, but we fannied about for so long the buyer has backed off. If Maybury wanted to make this move, he won't be pleased with us... then we have to shift him or suffer a mardy bastard in the team.

It's not over yet, we'll probably flog him Monday. :P

Sunderland boss Niall Quinn has played down talk of a move for Alan Maybury although has not ruled out a swoop in the future.

The Black Cats manager was linked with the Foxes defender earlier this week, with both knowing each other well from their days together in the Republic of Ireland camp.

But it appears news of the link came after Sunderland's original interest and a possible transfer looks to be on hold.

Quinn stated: "We inquired about Alan a long time ago, about the time we were looking to sign Clive Clarke (who has signed from West Ham).

"Leicester took a while to come back to us and now we have Clive, who is unfortunately injured, and Robbie Elliott."

He added: "I know Alan because I played with him for Ireland. We're monitoring him at the moment and will wait and see."

Source

Or is it...

Quinn sure bids will bear fruit

Chairman-manager Niall Quinn is confident he can boost a Sunderland squad still seeking a first point.

Quinn told Sunderland's website that he has bids in for five players and claims he is "Close to making a breakthrough."

He added: "We're in with big bids for five players, which we tabled at the beginning of the week and are still in place at the moment.

"They've moved along nicely and jigged about to get closer and I think there'll be joy soon."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/5260834.stm

Or is it...

Quinn sure bids will bear fruit

Chairman-manager Niall Quinn is confident he can boost a Sunderland squad still seeking a first point.

Quinn told Sunderland's website that he has bids in for five players and claims he is "Close to making a breakthrough."

He added: "We're in with big bids for five players, which we tabled at the beginning of the week and are still in place at the moment.

"They've moved along nicely and jigged about to get closer and I think there'll be joy soon."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...and/5260834.stm

Sunderland are in talks for Celtic midfielder Didier Agathe. (The Sun)

Can play at right back and right midfielder / right wing back.

Archived