Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

This type of "logic" is negative and defeatist.

If we accepted this, we may as well pack in now and choose which of the big 4 we wish to support..

That is the reality of the situation as I see it, we can’t just take parts of modern day football and say ‘ooh look we’ve not sold out’, just because we don’t go along with the rest of it. I’m not saying be a glory supporter, but if we all want to get to the Premiership then we must agree with what the Premiership is about, money and football as a brand. If not then let’s go back to operating as we used to, slide down the leagues and live a happy existence in non-league. I’m not saying the latter option is a worse one, or that it demonstrates a lack of ambition as such, just that it is contradictory to say that we want success within a system without taking part in it.

Shareholders who hold more than 100,000 £1 shares are according to the latest records I can find are:

Andrew Taylor 250,000 ( this is per the press reports )

AM Widdowson & Son Ltd 250,000

Brian Maddisson 110,000

Alan Upton 120,000

David Ross 165,476

David Wilson 150,000

Greg Clarke 413,000

HW Coates Ltd 300,000

Hammond Grange Ltd 500,000

James McCahill 250,000

James Johnson 175,000

Foxes Trust 151,000

Michael Edwards 250,000

Kirby & West Ltd 250,000

Peter Hockenhill 125,000

Pukka Pies Ltd 500,000

Stephen Lee 200,000

Trevor Bennett 350,000

There might be a couple more, as I can't quite tie up the total issued shares with the individual shareholdings notified at Companies House.

Well I know a few of these, like Widdowsons, Kirby and West, Pukka Pies, David Wilson etc, but what do all these other people do/done in the business world?

That is the reality of the situation as I see it, we can’t just take parts of modern day football and say ‘ooh look we’ve not sold out’, just because we don’t go along with the rest of it. I’m not saying be a glory supporter, but if we all want to get to the Premiership then we must agree with what the Premiership is about, money and football as a brand. If not then let’s go back to operating as we used to, slide down the leagues and live a happy existence in non-league. I’m not saying the latter option is a worse one, or that it demonstrates a lack of ambition as such, just that it is contradictory to say that we want success within a system without taking part in it.

This is football, not Monopoly!

Money alone doesn't determine success. We managed well enough under MON despite many disadvantages.

There are plenty of clubs (eg Bolton and Charlton) who compete well enough in the top flight without needing a sugar daddy behind them.

If they can do that, I see no reason why we can't.

Probably not an awful lot, they don't seem to be putting a lot of money into the club. Either they haven't done much and so cannot put money into the team, or they are just too greedy to part with their cash.

They've all put their hands in their pockets for more than £100,000. We should be grateful to them all that we still have a football club to support. :o

This is football, not Monopoly!

Money alone doesn't determine success. We managed well enough under MON despite many disadvantages.

There are plenty of clubs (eg Bolton and Charlton) who compete well enough in the top flight without needing a sugar daddy behind them.

If they can do that, I see no reason why we can't.

both those clubs got lucky with managers just like we did with O'Neill. Charlton have lost Curbishly they will get relegated. As soon as Allardyce finishes with Bolton there'll go the same route much like Leicester.

They've all put their hands in their pockets for more than £100,000. We should be grateful to them all that we still have a football club to support. :o

I agree to that...its very unfair to say that the sharehlders are greedy or tight... they have put the money in knowing that they are pretty unlikely to see a huge return, its tantamount to charidee!! :whistle:

The club's fans have also put in 151,000 (as according to the FT) - so we should be thankful to ourselves and each other.

Instead we have a slagging match between us, in every single topic that expands over 2 pages in length here at FoxesTalk. :P^_^

:thumbup:

The club's fans have also put in 151,000 (as according to the FT) - so we should be thankful to ourselves and each other.

Instead we have a slagging match between us, in every single topic that expands over 2 pages in length here at FoxesTalk. :P^_^

:thumbup:

Bound to happen. Everybody is allowed to have their say, and there is bound to be a difference in opinion somewhere along the line. The reason a lot of it turns into a slagging match is people refuse to accept other people's opinions as possibilities, and feel that their own opinion is the correct one all the time :)

Bound to happen. Everybody is allowed to have their say, and there is bound to be a difference in opinion somewhere along the line. The reason a lot of it turns into a slagging match is people refuse to accept other people's opinions as possibilities, and feel that their own opinion is the correct one all the time :)

Everyone has too much free time, we got nothing better to do!!!!! :rolleyes::whistle:

Shareholders who hold more than 100,000 £1 shares are according to the latest records I can find are:

Andrew Taylor 250,000 ( this is per the press reports )

AM Widdowson & Son Ltd 250,000

Brian Maddisson 110,000

Alan Upton 120,000

David Ross 165,476

David Wilson 150,000 - a Man much richer then Milan Mandaric just can't be arsed to put his hand in his pocket

Greg Clarke 413,000

HW Coates Ltd 300,000

Hammond Grange Ltd 500,000

James McCahill 250,000

James Johnson 175,000

Foxes Trust 151,000

Michael Edwards 250,000

Kirby & West Ltd 250,000

Peter Hockenhill 125,000

Pukka Pies Ltd 500,000

Stephen Lee 200,000

Trevor Bennett 350,000

There might be a couple more, as I can't quite tie up the total issued shares with the individual shareholdings notified at Companies House.

I'm well aware of the reasons it descends into such madness, there's several examples every day ;)

Having one's say is brilliant, and long may it continue. I just feel sometimes people get a bit carried away ^_^

Afterall, this topic has ballooned in size in a matter of hours, and there's been absolutely no information during that time. lol

[/b]

Everyone has too much free time, we got nothing better to do!!!!! :rolleyes::whistle:

I'll bet it all changes when people start back at uni etc though.. Much less posts and long threads, so less disagreements.. Until the weekend comes and City play :o

David Wilson 150,000 - a Man much richer then Milan Mandaric just can't be arsed to put his hand in his pocket

He has always supported the club for many years. Yes he could give a lot more but its his money so its up to him. I don't think you should hate him for it.

That's when the sh*t usually hits the fan, anyway. :P

Usually, but it's a no win situation. We win a game, and there are people saying don't get too carried away or critisizing the opposition, taking away from the performance. If we lose, then people call for RK to be axed, and saying we aren't good enough and will be relegated :o

Archived