Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Christ!!!

You lot are arguing and acting as though he has tabled an official bid!

ITS THE NEWS OF THE WORLD!!!! PLUCKED FROM NOWHERE!!!!!!

Get back to real discussions! :rolleyes:

:thumbup:

Why's COG not even on the bench?

I've learned that there is going to be a transfer kitty of between 15 and 20 million pounds to be spent over the next 2 years! Milan is also believed to be keen on bringing in a director of football. I'll keep you updated as and when I get more info. Exciting times.

These promises are as much worth as Mandaric's frequent promises to Pompey fans of a new stadium.

And we all know (or should do) what happened to those!

I've learned that there is going to be a transfer kitty of between 15 and 20 million pounds to be spent over the next 2 years! Milan is also believed to be keen on bringing in a director of football. I'll keep you updated as and when I get more info. Exciting times.

What is your source FNQ?

If you want to keep details off the message boards then e-mail [email protected], we have a responsibility to be fully informed from whatever sources, so we are fully prepared for any eventuality

What is your source FNQ?

If you want to keep details off the message boards then e-mail [email protected], we have a responsibility to be fully informed from whatever sources, so we are fully prepared for any eventuality

FNQ's post was a wind-up and should be treated as such.

Any real would-be bidder would have to go through proper channels, and the club have advised they haven't done so.

I wonder how many of our young players will get chance to fulfill their promise on the back of that!

So far I'm neither impressed nor convinced.

There seems to be an obsession about Leicester City getting back into the Premiership by any means whether by selling our soul to a foreign speculator or grasping any other carrot that's dangled before our noses.

Supposedly the reason for this would be ambition but all I imagine Mandaric or anyone similar would be interested in is money and football is just his vehicle.

When City have climbed as high as he believes they can go (which won't be especially high by Premiership standards) he'll take his profit and run - probably to repeat the exercise somewhere else.

If it doesn't work we'll owe him big time and if it does, he'll take his big pound of flesh amd wave goodbye.

If he wants in now it's because he recognises that the club is poised for success. That it is it is developing players and it is ripe for realistic speculation.

"We must have the Premiership," goes the cry but the value of the Premiership to City is a bit of a myth until we develop a side that can be built on.

Trying to keep up with the footballing Joneses has already forced us into administration once.

The truth is that Leicester City functions quite well and is well supported at the top end of the Championship (or Division Two as it was in the past). We win matches, there's lots of excitement and the ongoing prospect of promotion.

When we've been in the Premiership we've struggled and ended up wallowing around the bottom end of the table playing desperate grab a goal and hang on football.

So apart from the additional revenue that the TV rights etc bring to us, which we squandered anyway, it puts the club in a competitively hopeless situation.

The only time I recall us doing well in the top flight was when we've built a side properly and right now we're in with a perfectly good chance of building another side that can at least do stage one which is getting us to the upper end of the Championship.

That isn't caution.

Its valueing my club as something more than a sporting whore, its valuing what I'd like us to stand for, it's valuing the players for whom we've taken responsibility, its valuing the way we do things, and its valueing our long term future far more than a quick dance with some foreign suitor who wants a one-night stand.

We are a limited company, they personally don't have that debt. They do however have a football club, and if i was in their shoes I would certainly want my money back.

Which is in 30 million pounds worth of debt, and doesn't even own its own stadium.

Who cares? With £15m - £20m transfer budget we'll only keep the better ones.

I care.

I'd rather we built a team we can be proud of than buy one off the street.

It would give me some satisfaction.

It woud almost make all the work that's gone on developing our Academy worthwhile.

You can stick your quick fixes for me.

If I want to watch a circus I can go to Chipperfields, or watch Chelsea - and I don't. I wouldn't even turn the telly on to watch Chelsea, thanks.

I care.

It woud almost make all the work that's gone on developing our Academy worthwhile.

If I want to watch a circus I can go to Chipperfields, or watch Chelsea - and I don't. I wouldn't even turn the telly on to watch Chelsea, thanks.

Thracian, your comment is absolute rubbish!

Why on earth would you rather watch poor championship football with a bunch of average kids in the team when you could watch Leicester competing in the premiership playing quality football against some of the best in Europe?

I care.

I agree, though it would be nice to be back in the Prem, I'd rather watch us build something for 3 years than buy up a squad now and go straight up.

Archived