Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

How can you say the current board haven;t put in their own cash? How else do you think they bought the club?

Milan Mandaric doesn't want to pay for the club rehabilitation. He wants to put in money so he can take out more in a few years. Might be fun n the meantime, but unless their is an unlimited number of Russians wanting to buy clubs I can;t really see how we would be in a better position. He isn't going to give the club £30m to buy the stadium and pay everything off. He might take on the debt himself, and be flexible in the short term to allow some signings. I the end the club will still have a loan for the Stadium, and probably still be in the championship.

As Thracian has said again and again, since when was football about buying success? Much more fun to build with a bunch of youngsters into something special with players we know and who love the club. :thumbup:

They have put in cash but ufortunately they either dont have or dont want to put in the kind of funds that could catapult Leicester back into the premiership.

Ofcourse Mandaric wants to rehabilitate the club. If he wants to make a profit he will need the club in the Premiership. If you think thats not a better position then what is?

Youngsters can not do it on their own. We need players that have the quality to get us promoted alongside some talented youngsters.

Perhaps the editor of the NOTW Sport section is a Leicester fan?

Or maybe they ran out of things to write about, so they thought they would write some bull about Mandaric and Leicester. NOTW aren't a very reliable source, but i'm hoping it's true!!!

With firm financial backing, it would bring the fans back in it's droves and promotion would be a possibility.

Scholes, the Nevilles..local lads and Becks was just a kid from the East End.

They made their full debuts at the age of about 19, Beckham went out on loan. They all broke into the first team on a regular basis at the age of 21, 22. Beckham was 23 when Hansen made that comment I bealive. It's a true statement you can win anything with kids and by that I mean players under 20.

http://www.pompeygirls.co.uk/blogs/pompey_...r_takeover.aspx

I'm up for taking his cash.

And why are we the team Pompey "love to hate"?

If you need to ask that question, you clearly know NOTHING about the history of the FOXES.

Your statement in the first paragraph suggests you care even less.

Your judgement is therefore worthless.

Why so negative, people moan that we cannot buy like other clubs. Fans at Leicester seem to have a chip on their shoulder about lack on money and act like we have been hard done by. However half of you at least don't want the chance to be taken by the club when an investor comes knocking. Plus, on the subject of Mandaric and Portsmouth, it was he who built the foundations for the team to initially win promotion. Another factor i will press upon are the the current board running the club who at times make bewildering decisions.

Mandaric won promotion at Portsmouth by pouring money into them at the time of the ITV digital collapse, which meant that every other club in the league was skint. It therefore wasn't the massive achievement that his new-found acolytes are now describing.

Spot on, Dan. It beggars belief that anyone would fail to choose, if the chance arose, Mandaric over the shower that run the club at present. Must be masochists or something.

"The shower that run the club" are at least City fans. They have put money into the club.

Unlike Mandaric, who would be looking for the money he could take out.

Haven't you learned from the days we were a plc, when we were bled dry by a bunch of parasites?

We won't allow those days to EVER return.

I'm not saying I definitely want Mandaric in, I just want us to actually have paid off the stadium and have a little money coming in to the club so that we can spend it on transfers. Mandaric coming in would be a big gamble for us, cos he could help us buy players and pay off the majority of our stadium, but he could also leave us high and dry so we had no choice but to sell and come straight back down

They have put in cash but ufortunately they either dont have or dont want to put in the kind of funds that could catapult Leicester back into the premiership.

Ofcourse Mandaric wants to rehabilitate the club. If he wants to make a profit he will need the club in the Premiership. If you think thats not a better position then what is?

Youngsters can not do it on their own. We need players that have the quality to get us promoted alongside some talented youngsters.

Mandaric wants short term profit, not long term success. When he took his money away again he might well leave us in the Prem, but probably just owing him money instead of someone else.

What you also have to remember is that he sold Pompey, so he did get a return for his investment. Surely making us a more viable and attractive proposition is better than sitting and hoping our youngsters make it. After all, our recent track record isn't that great. Discounting Piper because of his injuries so we will never know how good he really would be, the only player we've produced since Lineker who has had any success is Heskey.

And it's not like Manderic has a bottomless pit of cash to throw in anyway. It'll be no different to Jack Walker or whatsisname at Wolves' money. Is it the fact that Manderic isn't a City fan that puts people off? Funny, because it looks to me like the same people all for the Tiggers invasion that are against this. Make up yer minds.

Jack Walker, tax dodger though he was, was at least a genuine supporter of Blackburn and put millions into that club. Fans there accepted him as one of their own made good.

The only basis for Mandaric to invest in us would be his rate of return. As such he'd be looking to take money OUT of the club, like the Glazers at Man Utd.

Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?

And why are the opponents of the Tigers groundshare so pro-Mandaric?

"The shower that run the club" are at least City fans. They have put money into the club.

Haven't you learned from the days we were a plc, when we were bled dry by a bunch of parasites?

To be honest the blokes a football fan and has owned four clubs, has done well at most and sold them on for a tidy profit that way, he could buy this club for a penny and take on the debt, get us some assests ( the holy grail that is the Walkers Stadium being one ) and Prem League status, and sell for a lot more then he sold Porstmouth for.

I'm not worried about his intensions or business sense I bealive both of them to be sound. im worried about who he is going to fall out with on the way, and how much of this clubs identity he's going to strip.

EDIT: Not that I think its ever going to happen any way

Jack Walker, tax dodger though he was, was at least a genuine supporter of Blackburn and put millions into that club. Fans there accepted him as one of their own made good.

The only basis for Mandaric to invest in us would be his rate of return. As such he'd be looking to take money OUT of the club, like the Glazers at Man Utd.

Why is this concept so difficult to grasp?

And why are the opponents of the Tigers groundshare so pro-Mandaric?

If you'd actually read what I'd written, then I said that I was undecided on Mandaric. But like Thracian, you only pick out the bits you want.

I don't care who takes over, as long as they leave us in a better state than we are currently in, and as Louise has pointed out, the current encumbants wouldn't sign over the club if they felt it was going to be put to ruin.

And he tells me I'm cautious.... :rolleyes:

As for the Glazers, as far as I'm aware they've taken nothing out yet, and have restructured all the loans so Manure pay less.

To be honest the blokes a football fan and has owned four clubs, has done well at most and sold them on for a tidy profit that way, he could buy this club for a penny and take on the debt, get us some assests ( the holy grail that is the Walkers Stadium being one ) and Prem League status, and sell for a lot more then he sold Porstmouth for.

I'm not worried about his intensions or business sense I bealive both of them to be sound. im worried about who he is going to fall out with on the way, and how much of this clubs identity he's going to strip.

EDIT: Not that I think its ever going to happen any way

Why should the current owners sell for a penny? They've put in their money and they will want it back. :blink:

If you'd actually read what I'd written, then I said that I was undecided on Mandaric. But like Thracian, you only pick out the bits you want.

From re-reading that post, it's slanted so much towards Mandaric that casual readers may well infer, as I did, that you were not "undecided" at all..

I don't care who takes over, as long as they leave us in a better state than we are currently in, and as Louise has pointed out, the current encumbants wouldn't sign over the club if they felt it was going to be put to ruin.

Those safeguards exist for a reason. As long as a new owner agrees to a blocking veto on transfer of ownership by a recognised supporters group, such as the Foxes Trust, than these safeguards can be maintained.

As for the Glazers, as far as I'm aware they've taken nothing out yet, and have restructured all the loans so Manure pay less.

They give with one hand, but take back more with the other. Man Utd have put up all match ticket prices by £5 this season. With average gates of 75000 and 22 guaranteed home games, that's at least £8 million going back over the pond..

Ultra, how do you know that Mandaric would take money out. There's nothing to take at the moment anyway!!! Didn't the PLC "bleed us dry" because Taylor was a plonker. Who's to say that would have happened if Martin had stayed?

I cannot for the life of me see the argument against money coming in.

How many people vetted NewFox PLC and the peopel involved when they took over?

The argument that we should rely on a)money from sellling existing players and b)the youth players to take us forward are plain wrong.

End of.

The administrator Nick Dargan vetted the new owners, so that would have been a thorough process

I've learned that there is going to be a transfer kitty of between 15 and 20 million pounds to be spent over the next 2 years! Milan is also believed to be keen on bringing in a director of football. I'll keep you updated as and when I get more info. Exciting times.

Archived