Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Here are a few articles about Milan for those who know nothing, or want to know more about the man. For those both pro and anti:

Profile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Mandari%C4%87

Pompey Tributes: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/...cle.asp?a=25531 and http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/...cle.asp?a=24499

American View: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/ne...ric_portsmouth/ (few years old)

Wake up and smell the coffee guys!

We are saved. All hail Milan!

Oh dear.

Bit premature don't you think.

Nothing to get excited about just yet. Afterall, to have any impact, he'd have to quit Pompey immediately, talk to the board immediately, meet their price immediately and only then could his input have much baring on our season. If it is going to happen, it's not going to make the slightest difference until January in all fairness.

Still, who am I to piss on people's dreams?

That is the reality of the situation as I see it, we can’t just take parts of modern day football and say ‘ooh look we’ve not sold out’, just because we don’t go along with the rest of it. I’m not saying be a glory supporter, but if we all want to get to the Premiership then we must agree with what the Premiership is about, money and football as a brand. If not then let’s go back to operating as we used to, slide down the leagues and live a happy existence in non-league. I’m not saying the latter option is a worse one, or that it demonstrates a lack of ambition as such, just that it is contradictory to say that we want success within a system without taking part in it.

Quite aside from your argument I don't think we've ever been below the level we're at now. Nor is there any particular sign that we will do so in the forseeable future although anything is possible.

I actually have many reservations about the Holy Grail that is the Premiership not least the blanket coverage which is fast making me as indifferent to watching televised games as I am to lousy beer.

The spending of indecent sums - and the capturing of so many of Europe's top players by so few clubs and particularly Chelsea has effectively ruined the contest for almost everyone else and soon, I'm sure, that will have a cost.

As for football as a brand, that's fine for the teams at the top. Creating an effective brand image for an also ran is an entirely different and more difficult challenge. You cannot go building extra seats and increasing ticket prices if you coming sixth from bottom.

And the biggest brands will protect their status with everything they've got which, in the case of RA at Chelsea is quite some clout. Just for example, why else do you think they sit so many expensive stars on the sidelines earning and thousands of pounds a week...?

So someone else cannot have them and threaten that global brand.

I hate to say it Louise but the game is being shafted.

What is needed is a cap on team spending, on the number of players per squad and a return to proper competition but that won't happen.

Indeed the protection that seems to increasingly surround those elite clubs gets stronger and stronger. You've only got to look at the Italian corruption scandal and the way the sentences all but disappeared.

What is fair doesn't come into it. All that matters is how much money can be made and the leading clubs making sure that they keep increasing the slice they can cream off, however they do it.

Its hard to explain all my feelings but something is wrong. What was once the working man's game and lifeline has been given a rapid polish by the businessmen but it's all on the surface.

Underneath it's riddled with corruption and I don't like it one bit really. But then I've never been one to be taken in or impressed by image.

I've met too many people with flash lifestyles who were little more than crooks.

And just how many there are might be revealed when our own corruption investigation ends - might.

But meanwhile, although Milan Mandarich might be good for Leicester and he might be related to the Angel Gabriel, I'd rather our club build its team stage by stage - and on solid foundations. The Premiership can wait if it has to.

Quite aside from your argument I don't think we've ever been below the level we're at now. Nor is there any particular sign that we will do so in the forseeable future although anything is possible.

I actually have many reservations about the Holy Grail that is the Premiership not least the blanket coverage which is fast making me as indifferent to watching televised games as I am to lousy beer.

The spending of indecent sums - and the capturing of so many of Europe's top players by so few clubs and particularly Chelsea has effectively ruined the contest for almost everyone else and soon, I'm sure, that will have a cost.

As for football as a brand, that's fine for the teams at the top. Creating an effective brand image for an also ran is an entirely different and more difficult challenge. You cannot go building extra seats and increasing ticket prices if you coming sixth from bottom.

And the biggest brands will protect their status with everything they've got which, in the case of RA at Chelsea is quite some clout. Just for example, why else do you think they sit so many expensive stars on the sidelines earning and thousands of pounds a week...?

So someone else cannot have them and threaten that global brand.

I hate to say it Louise but the game is being shafted.

What is needed is a cap on team spending, on the number of players per squad and a return to proper competition but that won't happen.

Indeed the protection that seems to increasingly surround those elite clubs gets stronger and stronger. You've only got to look at the Italian corruption scandal and the way the sentences all but disappeared.

What is fair doesn't come into it. All that matters is how much money can be made and the leading clubs making sure that they keep increasing the slice they can cream off, however they do it.

Its hard to explain all my feelings but something is wrong. What was once the working man's game and lifeline has been given a rapid polish by the businessmen but it's all on the surface.

Underneath it's riddled with corruption and I don't like it one bit really. But then I've never been one to be taken in or impressed by image.

I've met too many people with flash lifestyles who were little more than crooks.

And just how many there are might be revealed when our own corruption investigation ends - might.

But meanwhile, although Milan Mandarich might be good for Leicester and he might be related to the Angel Gabriel, I'd rather our club build its team stage by stage - and on solid foundations. The Premiership can wait if it has to.

Shafted Thrac, and about 4 or 5 years ago.

What world do you live in?

Where the hell do you get these figures from, with each passing statement your credibility diminishes further.

I totally totally agree - what possibly can you base these figures on? Pure speculation at best.

Wise up people, if a man like MM wants to invest at City we should count ourselves lucky. Leicester City Football Club, with the million pound players some of you seem to believe we have, are currently languishing near the bottom of the Championship. I, like all of us, hope we don't get caught up in another relegation battle. Mark my words however, we would not be in Forestscum's position if we did go down, we'd be in real trouble. Real trouble.

I totally totally agree - what possibly can you base these figures on? Pure speculation at best.

Wise up people, if a man like MM wants to invest at City we should count ourselves lucky. Leicester City Football Club, with the million pound players some of you seem to believe we have, are currently languishing near the bottom of the Championship. I, like all of us, hope we don't get caught up in another relegation battle. Mark my words however, we would not be in Forestscum's position if we did go down, we'd be in real trouble. Real trouble.

We won't go down.. I'm actually pretty confident we'll finish safely inside the top 10 this season and be all set for a promotion charge next season.. If we continue to perform the way which we have in the last 2 games that is

Shareholders who hold more than 100,000 £1 shares are according to the latest records I can find are:

Andrew Taylor 250,000 ( this is per the press reports )

AM Widdowson & Son Ltd 250,000

Brian Maddisson 110,000

Alan Upton 120,000

David Ross 165,476

David Wilson 150,000

Greg Clarke 413,000

HW Coates Ltd 300,000

Hammond Grange Ltd 500,000

James McCahill 250,000

James Johnson 175,000

Foxes Trust 151,000

Michael Edwards 250,000

Kirby & West Ltd 250,000

Peter Hockenhill 125,000

Pukka Pies Ltd 500,000

Stephen Lee 200,000

Trevor Bennett 350,000

There might be a couple more, as I can't quite tie up the total issued shares with the individual shareholdings notified at Companies House.

In our analysis, we combine family related holdings so would add

Richard Mackay & Celia Mackay 150,000 combined (travelsphere)

Roger T Page & Martin J Page 120,000 combined (Walkers Tyres)

We won't go down.. I'm actually pretty confident we'll finish safely inside the top 10 this season and be all set for a promotion charge next season.. If we continue to perform the way which we have in the last 2 games that is

I agree we have improved, don't be too fooled however, Ipswich were exremely poor, as were Coventry - reeling from transfers and injuries.

He has always supported the club for many years. Yes he could give a lot more but its his money so its up to him. I don't think you should hate him for it.

Never seen him at a game, got the impression he was persuaded to put some money, where as others were far more avid fans who out in what they could afford

I'm no accountant but I think you need to re-examine the accounts.

As at 31.5.2005 we had nett Tangible Assets of £20m with debts of £6m + £16M. On a turnover of £22m we still made a loss of £3.5m. It will be interesting to see this years.

You need to take into account having sold Connolly it will have balanced the books.

Can't say too much until the accounts are officially signed off & released

I agree we have improved, don't be too fooled however, Ipswich were exremely poor, as were Coventry - reeling from transfers and injuries.

They were poor you're right. But we made them look as poor as they are, which is a positive sign. Another positive sign is the fact that we are able to dominate teams as poor as that, which, in this division there are many, so we'll be well set in this league :):thumbup:

There is someone on 606 claiming Mandaric has informed the stock exchange he will be bidding for Leicester, apparently you have to inform them before 3 weeks before buying a club. anybody else heard this?

Complete rubbish, we aren't listed, so this would not be necessary if he was bidding

Here are a few articles about Milan for those who know nothing, or want to know more about the man. For those both pro and anti:

Profile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milan_Mandari%C4%87

Pompey Tributes: http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/...cle.asp?a=25531 and http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/...cle.asp?a=24499

American View: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/ne...ric_portsmouth/ (few years old)

The Vital Football articles made VERY interesting reading..

If Gaydamak has fallen in love with the club as much as he says, shares half the enthusiasm and commitment Milan has then we couldn`t be in safer hands, the money and talk he is giving seems to back this up, but I still hope Milan retains some connection with the club for many years to come as he says he will

So either his heart's in Pompey, or he's a bare-faced liar.

Either way, he is far from being the saviour he is imagined in some FOXES' fantasies to be..

They were poor you're right. But we made them look as poor as they are, which is a positive sign. Another positive sign is the fact that we are able to dominate teams as poor as that, which, in this division there are many, so we'll be well set in this league :):thumbup:

I really admire your optimism and will be the first and loudest 'eeeiiieeeiiieeeiiiiooooooooo' singer in the 'kop' if we start taking Southend apart at the weekend.... We shall see.

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS...

You need to take into account having sold Connolly it will have balanced the books.

Can't say too much until the accounts are officially signed off & released

When is this due to happen?

I really admire your optimism and will be the first and loudest 'eeeiiieeeiiieeeiiiiooooooooo' singer in the 'kop' if we start taking Southend apart at the weekend.... We shall see.

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS...

No point being pessimistic, I am confident and so should everybody else be. We have given two decent performances in the last two league games, albeit against sub-standard opposition, but if people do not take confidence from that, it'll take a cup win or a defeatless season for people to be happy. You can bet though that if we start battering Southend on Saturday, people will be more than happy to cheer, even the people that moan on here. If you're in the Kop, let me know where you are and I'll join in with you :thumbup:

Archived