Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Davies is Chief Executive, a full-time job. We might argue about his qualities, but I would expect him to be paid the going rate. Would you do a full-time job for nothing? I get paid for my job - I don't look at it as profit, it's what I'm worth, and just like Davies, I would imagine, most of it goes to the mortgage company. :blush:

you might be shocked to know many people in charge of football clubs dont get paid.

with out current owners we heading for another admin, thjey are struggling just to pay off interest and we would be finished with another relegation.

That's not true. If the need arose we could sell players. It depends on how patient fans are prepared to be with Rob Kelly and the team as to whether this need will arise.

why arent the current owners investing more from personal wealth?

Because like every other fan, they make judgements about how much money, time and effort they can put into the club. If they prefer to devote these resources to other pursuits, that's their choice.

These stories will only help stir the pot that will lead to our current board leaving. I've been told it's almost inevitable that we'll either get taken over or we'll go back in to admin within a year or so and bye bye Leicester. That's from what i've been told anyway by someone who has close links with the club.

Bullsh!t.

Unless you're prepared to name your source this story has NO credibility whatsoever.

Because like every other fan, they make judgements about how much money, time and effort they can put into the club. If they prefer to devote these resources to other pursuits, that's their choice.

Yes and if someone else could devote more money, time and effort and provide us with a more stable club and a better chance of avoiding relegation and getting closer to the Premiership in the longer term, why does it matter whether they are Leicester fans or not?

you might be shocked to know many people in charge of football clubs dont get paid.

Care to name them? That might be the case with a chairman who owns the club, but even in those cases the Chief Executive would be a paid employee, for instance Wolves. I can't think of one Chief Executive who does the job unpaid.

This really belongs on another thread.

But in such a scenario, where's the leadership and where are the goals?

Kisnorbo is increasingly showing leadership qualities. Fryatt has not actually scored in four matches this season and I said all along that 15/18 was the most we could expect once the opposition has studied his style.

Dodds has scored 60-odd in two seasons and I'm sure he'd match the 15/18 firgure. Hume scored more than Fryatt last season (in a longer period of time I hasten to add) and is alredy off the mark on his way to 15 or so for a full season in my opinion.

O'Grady, if used as a substitute (assuming RK's still even speaking to him) would play a genuine striker role now we've got wingers (rather than the holding role of last season) and that would result in him scoring more goals.

There would be more chances and goals because of the wide men (including Gradel) and any striker we bought would be a bonus.

This is all utter garbage. Nothing good ever happens to this club.

How come we went to Wembley seven times in eight years then?

How come only FOUR Premiership clubs have won more trophies than us in the past ten years?

How come we beat Spurs on live primetime terrestrial TV last season?

How come we have a stadium so good that both England and Brazil have staged international matches there?

Some folk on here are so petulant and spoilt that they could do with a damn good slap!! :angry::angry::angry:

:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Complete nonsense.

OK let me clarify...

Secretly we all want to hear that there is something happening to our club, positive or perceived negative..it makes life a bit more zesty.

I for one would be happy for someone to be dangling investment over us. :o

the fact our figures are late to company house?

the fact we cant even make the payments for interest on our stadium?

The figure are not late to Companies House - did you not read my earlier post? The FT have stated they expect them to be released circa September - they have to be with Companies House by the end of February 2007.

How come only FOUR Premiership clubs have won more trophies than us in the past ten years?

How come we have a stadium so good that both England and Brazil have staged international matches there?

Some folk on here are so petulant and spoilt that they could do with a damn good slap!! :angry::angry::angry:

:thumbup: This has got to stop!

the fact our figures are late to company house? [/quote}

Read the thread properly. Figures for last year are not due until February, but may be sent as early as next months.

the fact we cant even make the payments for interest on our stadium?

Theose payments have been deferred until such time as we're back in the Premiership. As such, they're not a pressing issue for the club right now.

Kisnorbo is increasingly showing leadership qualities. Fryatt has not actually scored in four matches this season and I said all along that 15/18 was the most we could expect once the opposition has studied his style.

Dodds has scored 60-odd in two seasons and I'm sure he'd match the 15/18 firgure. Hume scored more than Fryatt last season (in a longer period of time I hasten to add) and is alredy off the mark on his way to 15 or so for a full season in my opinion.

O'Grady, if used as a substitute (assuming RK's still even speaking to him) would play a genuine striker role now we've got wingers (rather than the holding role of last season) and that would result in him scoring more goals.

There would be more chances and goals because of the wide men (including Gradel) and any striker we bought would be a bonus.

:o

Oh if only things worked out so easily in the real world!!!!

same as what the mercury said

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1435298,00.html

to me it sounds as if he wont be leaving pompey anytime soon.

That's the clearest article I've ever seen for saying something is going to happen but he can't say any more just now. What might be important is whether it turns out easier for him to get other clubs rather than Leicester but where there's a will...

Well both Sky Sports and TeamTalk have picked up the story so they think there is something in it ( Linking Mandaric with us not Wednesday or Cov may I add )

Excellent. I like it when we get talked about. Fed up with hearing about Chelski and Manure's fantastic starts to the season.

Well both Sky Sports and TeamTalk have picked up the story so they think there is something in it ( Linking Mandaric with us not Wednesday or Cov may I add )

Both the above have to fill their 24 hour sports coverage with whatever guff they can find. They just repeat rumours from elsewhere, it's a very cheap way of making TV/radio.

:thumbup: well said! :thumbup:

Archived