Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Soton Player Ratings

Logan 7 - Made some decent saves

Kenton 6 - Solid

Nils 6 - Better than the past few weeks

McCarthy 7 - A soldier, always up for it.

Mcauley 7 - Solid in the air, made his presence felt.

Low 4 - 5hit

Tiatto 5 - worked hard, that's it.

Johnson 6 - One of his better games, still 5hit.

Williams 7 - A solid performance, neat touches slick passing.

Hammond 7.5 - Worked his socks and even put tackles in.

Hume 8 - Motm, Great goals, workrate the lot.

Stearman 6 - Got beat a lot and caught out of position.

Hughes 5 - didnt do anything of note

COG - N/A

ogan - 8- could do nothing about either goal. made some good stops

Kenton - 7 - solid

McAuley - 9 - MOTM - stopped everything, always aware and level headed

McCarthy - 8- as above and hes ****ing hard for coming back on.

NEJ - 6 - average

Low - 5 - offered nothing

Williams - 8 - looked different class to Hughes. played some good stuff

Johnson - 6- not as bad as usual but a bit wreckless

Tiatto - 5 - needs to stop drifting inside and stop playing as LB

Huuuuuume - 9 - 2 corking goals, ran his socks off, shows 110%. i cant decide which was the best goal either.

Elvis - 8 - ran alot but should have scored. his 1st touch seems to have got better.

COG - N/A

Stearman - 7 - only cos he was in the right place at the right time for the winner.

Hughes - N/A

Logan - 8

Kenton - 7

McCarthy - 8

McAuley - 8

Johansson - 6

Low - 3

Williams - 8

Johnson - 6

Tiatto - 6

Hume - 9.

Elvis - 7

Subs: Stearman - 7. Hughes - 2.

I see Hughes annoyed you as much as he did me :cool:

Logan - 6- Flapped quite a bit at crosses which nearly cost us. No chance with goals and one good save from Wright Philips to keep it at 1-1

Kenton - 7 - Was playing well until injury took him off.

McAuley - 8 - Thought he could be the weak link but worked so hard and some brilliantly times challenges when 1 on 1 with defenders.

McCarthy - 9- An absolute rock. Brilliant at the back and after taking a whack like that did well to stay concious let alone playing!

NEJ - 6 - Caught out once or twice. Made some great runs forward but then loses his head and panics. Unlucky not to score though.

Low - 5 - I can only remember one thing and that was the great cross for Elvis's chance. WHY WONT HE TACKLE?????

Williams - 8 - Was it the same Williams? Thought he played in a totally different role to normal and reminded me a bit of Joey from last season - always closing down etc.

Johnson - 7- had a lot of criticism but thought he did well today. Could have been sent off though on another day. Needs a haircut!

Tiatto - 6 - Some good old fashioned hoofing at end when under pressure. Not great but did his job.

Hume - 9 - 2 belters. Great performance and deadly finishing - makes you wonder if things would be different if he'd played instead of Fryatt on some occasions?

Elvis - 8 - Ran his socks off. One of the better performances from him in a leicester shirt and looks good alongside Hume!

COG - 7 - just for shaving off his afro

Stearman - 7 - scored but looked a bit unsettled at right back. Wheres the rock solid stearman from last season gone?

Hughes - 7 - did alright when he came on. Nothing special but stopped them playing through the midfield in stoppage time.

Logan 7.5 (A coupl;e of absolutely vital stops at vital times. No chance with the goals)

Kenton 5 (It's ludicrous to compare him to Stearman)

McCarthy 7 (Okay, brilliant commitment to return)

McAuley 7 (Also okay)

Nils 6 (Some vital defending but at fault for their first and his passing was pretty much the same as usual though he did try to think about it. Tried hard though, again).

Low 4 (What's he for? He doesn't beat peopole, doesn't stand off and cross, doesn't destroy their potential breaks, doesn't track back effectively. He's lightweight).

Williams 6 (Involved. Tried to be constructive. Few runners to help him).

Johnson 5 (Just the odd glimmer of ability which was lost in the remaining mediocrity)

Tiatto 5 (At fault for the second, might have conceded another. Featured in two constructive moves as I recall, just a harrasser. One tackle near the edge of the area nearly put th4eir bloke on Pluto and just summed up was a rash and risky player he can be)

Hume 10 (How he got two goals from sod all I don't know and so nearly a hat-trick when he robbed the keeper on the edge of the area. Outstanding. No praise high enough.

Hammond 8 (At least two assists and strove for every crumb he could find. Second time City have scored three this season when he's played. Any less effort from our strikers and we wouldn't have had a sniff today. Eleven like Hume and Hammond and we'd never lose)

Subs:

Stearman 7 (Winning goal. What more do you come on for? I'm not sure he's quite as good as Kenton defensively but he sure beats him 10-0 when it comes to helping the attack and gets into the box more times in a game than Low does in a month. Still got a couple of vital touches in defence).

Hughes 4 (Ten more minutes of him was plenty. Almost conceded a goal the minute he came on for indifferent tracking back. Yes, he shadows a man but he never looks like he wants to or is likely to get the ball. One decent moment and that was it and 4 points for one contribution is bloody generous.

O'Grady NM (Short presence. Did what was required. No more no less but not on long enough to justify a rating).

Sounds as if Stearman should replace Kenton at right back for Leeds and Sylla or Gradel in for Low.

If we can bring in Welsh in time he can replace Tiatto and then will have a strong team on tuesday.

Logan

Stearman

McCarthy

Kisnorbo

Johansson

Sylla

Williams

Wesolowski

Welsh

Hume

Hammond

I don't think Johnson will get dropped. Injury MAY force RK's hand though, as potential ankle ligament damage was mentioned.

I'd be careful of changing too much as although the performance wasn't vintage, those involved should take some confidence from this.

That said, I suppose Kisnorbo is back.... Sounds harsh on McCauley to drop him though. How about Kisnorbo at left back?

I don't think Johnson will get dropped. Injury MAY force RK's hand though, as potential ankle ligament damage was mentioned.

I'd be careful of changing too much as although the performance wasn't vintage, those involved should take some confidence from this.

That said, I suppose Kisnorbo is back.... Sounds harsh on McCauley to drop him though. How about Kisnorbo at left back?

As has been said elsewhere, looks like McCarthy's facial injury might keep him out.

Not sure if Wesolowski is fit?? Not on bench today. Can't see him going straight into the starting XI on Tuesday. Might be Hughes and Williams... :mad:

good call or McAuley at left and Kisnorbo back at centre.

I remember Kelly saying he can play at left when we signed him but i doubt he'll drop Nils

That's what England do. If they haven't got a proper place for a star they put him somewhere else.

There's a case for all of our central defenders but Kisnorbo's no left-back. In fact don't get him involved anyplace where passing is a vital skill. :whistle:

Most of the team were pretty mediocre today (although what a game overall)

Players worth special mention though:

Hume, Williams, McAuley and Paddy Mac. All immense.

Low - Worst player on the pitch and that's saying something with Johnson playing (see below). Just doesn't look interested and doesn't provide much attacking threat.

Johnson - How is this man still in the team? What does he do? Seriously I can't remember him passing to a City shirt once in the whole game. Far too slow and sluggish and a poor tackle which on another day could have seen him sent off.

Tiatto - Typical performance i.e. indifferent postional play for a winger and a poor challenge which led to a booking. Nearly gave away a clear penalty with the most needless shirt pull I have ever seen at the death which could have cost us the points. And an awful backpass! I keep remembering more terrible points!

Does anyone disagree?

Most of the team were pretty mediocre today (although what a game overall)

Players worth special mention though:

Hume, Williams, McAuley and Paddy Mac. All immense.

Low - Worst player on the pitch and that's saying something with Johnson playing (see below). Just doesn't look interested and doesn't provide much attacking threat.

Johnson - How is this man still in the team? What does he do? Seriously I can't remember him passing to a City shirt once in the whole game. Far too slow and sluggish and a poor tackle which on another day could have seen him sent off.

Tiatto - Typical performance i.e. indifferent postional play for a winger and a poor challenge which led to a booking

Does anyone disagree?

Pleased to see Williams playing well... I really do want to see him do well here.

His contract isn't coming up for expiry is it? :P:whistle:

Logan 7 - Made some decent saves, couldn't really help either goal

Kenton 6 - Alright

Nils 5 - Pretty poor, felt that he kept letting their players in for chances.

McCarthy 7 - Good game, always there when needed.

Mcauley 7 - Won virtually every header he contested.

Low 4 - Do we have to play him <_<

Tiatto 5 - Back to usual, getting needless bookings for clumsy fouls.

Johnson 6 - Decent for him, still think he needs replacing

Williams 7 - A solid performance, good set-peices too.

Hammond 8 - Worked non-stop, even when oppurtunity seemed lost.

Hume 8 - Motm, Cracking goals, only player that worked harder was Hammond

Logan 7.5 (A coupl;e of absolutely vital stops at vital times. No chance with the goals)

Kenton 5 (It's ludicrous to compare him to Stearman)

McCarthy 6.5 (Okay)

McAuley 6.5 (Ditto)

Nils 6 (Some vital defending but at fault for their first and his passing was pretty much the same as usual though he did try to think about it. Tried hard though, again).

Low 4 (What's he for? He doesn't beat peopole, doesn't stand off and cross, doesn't destroy their potential breaks, doesn't track back effectively. He's lightweight).

Williams 6 (Involved. Tried to be constructive. Few runners to help him).

Johnson 5 (Just the odd glimmer of ability which was lost in the remaining mediocrity)

Tiatto 5 (At fault for the second, might have conceded another. Featured in two constructive moves as I recall, just a harrasser. One tackle near the edge of the area nearly put th4eir bloke on Pluto and just summed up was a rash and risky player he can be)

Hume 10 (How he got two goals from sod all I don't know and so nearly a hat-trick when he robbed the keeper on the edge of the area. Outstanding. No praise high enough.

Hammond 8 (At least two assists and strove for every crumb he could find. Second time City have scored three this season when he's played. Any less effort from our strikers and we wouldn't have had a sniff today. Eleven like Hume and Hammond and we'd never lose)

Subs:

Stearman 7 (Winning goal. What more do you come on for? I'm not sure he's quite as good as Kenton defensively but he sure beats him 10-0 when it comes to helping the attack and gets into the box more times in a game than Low does in a month. Still got a couple of vital touches in defence).

Hughes 4 (Ten more minutes of him was plenty. Almost conceded a goal the minute he came on for indifferent tracking back. Yes, he shadows a man but he never looks like he wants to or is likely to get the ball. One decent moment and that was it and 4 points for one contribution is bloody generous.

O'Grady NM (Short presence. Did what was required. No more no less but not on long enough to justify a rating).

Stearman 7??? apart from the goal he looked badly out of touch often out of position and defensively uncertain.

Mcauley 6.5?? you must be joking. he won every challenge in the air is gaining confidence made 1 supurb goal saving challenge in the first half and actually looks like he may be able to pass the ball out of defense.

to give him the same as mccarthy is a joke. mccarthy was partly to blame for their 1st goal as he didn't close down or make an effective challenge on rasiak and as usual his distributioon was woeful.don't doubt his courage or commitment but mccauley was by far the better player today.

williams 6 a tad harsh. probably one of his best games for us and at least he can pass the ball. also made some good tackles today.

agree about low though he did put in the best cross of the match from which elvis should have scored.

Stearman 7??? apart from the goal he looked badly out of touch often out of position and defensively uncertain.

Mcauley 6.5?? you must be joking. he won every challenge in the air is gaining confidence made 1 supurb goal saving challenge in the first half and actually looks like he may be able to pass the ball out of defense.

to give him the same as mccarthy is a joke. mccarthy was partly to blame for their 1st goal as he didn't close down or make an effective challenge on rasiak and as usual his distributioon was woeful.don't doubt his courage or commitment but mccauley was by far the better player today.

williams 6 a tad harsh. probably one of his best games for us and at least he can pass the ball. also made some good tackles today.

agree about low though he did put in the best cross of the match from which elvis should have scored.

Someone is supposed to cover Stearman when he goes forward. What do you expect him to do? Control the whole flank. If Low or Hughes had any idea at all what they were doing it wouldn't be a problem. Kenton never has such difficulties cos he never goes near the opposition penalty area.

The City guy I met at the Academy match referred to this quite independently in relation to Nils and Porter, but the other way round. Both players on a flank have to support each other closely. Like Beckham/Neville used to do really.

Stearman didn't score from 30 yards. He was right near the goalline. How often have you seen Low or Hughes there this season?.

Logan 6 - Slightly dodgy on crosses but made some decent saves

Kenton 4 - Rarely passed to a blue shirt

Nils 5 - Some great saving tackles but went missing at left back too often

McCarthy 7 - Solid

Mcauley 7 - Solid

Low 2 - Hurrendous performance, height seems to be his only asset

Tiatto 3 - One reckless challenge and a stupid backpass, nothin very good

Johnson 5 - O.K

Williams 6 - Better than hughes and johnson, lots of energy but looked out of match practice

Hammond 5 - Didn't work to the same level as Hume

Hume 9 - Motm, great goals, won everything in the air, 110% effort, all that was missing was the hattrick

Logan - 7 - few good stops, about gave me heart attack when he chested it down though :D

Kenton - 6 - Did ok but no more

NEJ - 7 - much better than he has been and one important tackle has stuck with me today

McAuley - 8 - Brilliant. Won everything in the air and just everything else that came near him. Love his no-nonsense style!

Paddy M - 8 - Also brilliant, solid in air, and still played on witha broken nose. True skipper :thumbup:

Low - 5 - next to useless. Surprised me by actually winning a header or two :o

Tiatto - 6 - Reckless challenge, sent 1 of their players through with a backpass. Other than that, ok :P

Williams - 8 - always looking for a through ball, he comes back and we score 3...coincidence? i think not.

Johnson - 5 - made 1 good tackle and that's the only thing i remember him doing well. Poor distribution though.

Huuuuuuume - 10 - 2 belters! ran his socks off, awesome. Reminded me why i have him on the back of my shirt :D

Hammond - 8 - Worked hard, tracked back, tackled. should have scored though.

Stearman - 8 - right place at right time for the goal and looked back to his old self. Won a coupleof vital tackles and i think he should start next game, regardless of kenton's fitness.

Hughes - 6 - what did he do when he came on?

COG - 6 - didn't really have time to do anything.

Logan-7 Brilliant shot-stoping, no chance with goals.

Nils-5 Alright at times. To blame for the first goal.

Mcauley-7.5 Solid won everything.

Mccarthy- 8 Solid as a rock, how did he play on :blink:

Kenton- 6.5 Looked good and calm. Good tackles.

Tiatto- 6 Worked as always but coming out of position too much.

Williams- 8 Neat touches and looked calm. Great to have him back.

Johnson- 6 Better than normal. Still quite crap

Low- 4 Was he there? Only provided 1 good cross.

Hammond-8 Worked his socks off today absolutely brilliant display.

Huuuuummmme- 9.5 MOTM for sure. Two cracking goals absolutely brilliant. Worked so hard.

Subs:

Stearman-6 In the right place at the right time. Looked a bit shaky.

Hughes-6 Did ok. NOt much time.

COG-6 Did his job.

Anyone disgree with my choices?

I may be the only one but I like him more and more. Today, his passing was, as ever, mostly abject but was at least twice close to inspirational. But that's not why he's there - he reads the game and governs the tempo and the shape of the team like no-one else. So, at times, he's last one back when everyone else is forward and then at others, like today, he's at the front chasing down otherwise pointless balls just to disrupt the other team.

Williams was a definite improvement on Hughes but for a creative player he doesn't either make enough goals for me or have enough shots. No different today really.

Archived