Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Now then mardy bum

George Burley was left shaking his head in disbelief after his Saints side suffered their third defeat of the season.

The Southampton boss felt his team had more than enough chances to have won the game but went down to two wonder strikes and a scrappy winner.

Iain Hume hit two spectacular 25-yard shots which were cancelled out by first goals for the club by Jhon Viafara and Inigo Idiakez.

But substitute Richard Stearman headed in from close to give the Foxes the points to leave Burley ruing some missed chances and some debatable refereeing decisions.

Burley said: "We are wondering how we never won that game. We had some great opportunities and I thought we should have two blatant penalties.

"There was one for a handball where their player had his arm above his head and if he does that then there is only one decision.

"Then Jhon Viafara had his shirt tugged so decisions went against us. I have not spoken to the referee, there is no point because the decisions are made but the breaks did not go for us.

"We had three great chances at the end of the first half and only took one of them, Bradley Wright-Phillips went through and the shot rebounded against him and went wide and Grzegorz Rasiak nodded over the keeper and skimmed the bar.

"We are coming away from home and creating opportunities which is pleasing and I have no complaints about the attitude or commitment.

""We did not play particularly well in the first half but after the break we were in command and I thought there was only one team going to win it.

"We got ourselves level at 1-1 just before half-time and afterwards I thought we took charge. Then their lad just hit one and it flew in.

"Even then we got back level but our defending was poor for their third goal. We created chance after chance and we are very disappointed not to pick up any points.

"I thought we should have won but we did not so we have to take it on the chin and get ready to go again for a very tough game at Cardiff on Tuesday.

"We have four out of five away but we have shown we can go anywhere and create chances and give teams problems."

saintsfc.co.uk

Bugger off George, we battered yer.

Two penalties? Which game was he watching?

That Tiatto tug was a definite penalty (proving he's a complete liability). Not sure about the handball although it looked like McAuley handballed one in the first half.

Let's not paper over the cracks. A great game but Southampton could and should have put us out of sight (3 easy chances before half time for starters). Was it not for Hume's strikes from nothing we would have been buried Southampton created far more than us all day.

That Tiatto tug was a definite penalty (proving he's a complete liability). Not sure about the handball although it looked like McAuley handballed one in the first half.

Let's not paper over the cracks. A great game but Southampton could and should have put us out of sight (3 easy chances before half time for starters). Was it not for Hume's strikes from nothing we would have been buried Southampton created far more than us all day.

Agree 100%

One of the things that is so great when I am in Leicester or with Leicester fans is the totally biased unashamedly blue tinted view of matches, issues and any other LCFC related facts - I couldn't give a s h i t what Burley thinks - what matters is we won - every victory being a step further forward to more confidence, better results and the belief that we can compete - come on nobody can tell me that as a club Cardiff are the best team in this division. :P

And a corner without our two centre backs!

FFS, are referees not allowed to use ANY common sense?

That defined madness If they'd have scored then I'd be in a police cell now for running on the pitch and whacking the ref where it really hurts :mad:

But how many saves did Logan make? I only remember the one from Wright-Phillips which rebounded off him and went wide.

And we should have been three up before they had their first shot.

But how many saves did Logan make? I only remember the one from Wright-Phillips which rebounded off him and went wide.

And we should have been three up before they had their first shot.

Hard to tell from Barber's commentary :rolleyes: but I guess a few.

I definitely remember one more great save by him today :)

Logan was outstanding today, not just his saves but his all round approach to the game. His positioning, closing down and box control - he is going to earn us a fortune when he's sold on...but it would be so much better to keep him. I get more impressed with every game he takes between the sticks.

No, one arm was longer than the other!I'm not one to mock the afflicted,but a referee? :o

The ref we had for the Cov game last season (At Cov) had that deformity as well, I didn't notice it today, was it the same ref as against Cov?!

But seriously? 7 minutes? There could have surely only been maximum of 5....

As for George Burley's comments, whatever happened in the game is past and he can't moan about it. Luck swings and roundabouts in football.... That's the game for you

Archived