Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Time To Drop Conrad?

What does everyone think? Correct me if i'm wrong but he hasn't kept a clean sheet since his debut and i'm just wondering if it's time for Hendo, or maybe even our mate Rab to come inbetween the sticks for a bit.

I'm not saying Conrad is rubbish, as I believe he is the best out of the three, just give someone else a few games to see if results improve.

I didn't go to Sheffield but can't remember a single goal Logan conceded that Henderson wouldn't have let in. I do remember some bloody good saves as well.

Why not drop everyone who's been at fault. We could probably play the entire youth team on that basis.

I think the likes of Maybury, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Low, Fryatt come much higher up the queue than Logan. How many changes are you suggesting?

As for Rab - did you see him playing for the Reserves recently? Didn't sound too clever from what I heard after we lost to Bristol City's X1 which is hardly a come-on for re-selection by any yardstick.

What I might say to Logan is "You're the boss in the six yard box and in the penalty area. If you think the players are defending too deep and cramping your space and vision bloody well shift em and keep shifting them."

It would be a little harsh to make him a scapegoat on his own. I've not seen us play much this season - has he made any howlers at all?

I thought Rab did ok last year. Apart from being amazingly slow off his line at times, he was fairly solid. He just happened to be playing behind 10 corpses at times, like Conrad is at the moment.

I think our best bet may be to wait until January and either hope that £Â£Ã‚£ is available from whatever source, or try to sell (Stearman?) and invest in a new central midfielder.

I didn't go to Sheffield but can't remember a single goal Logan conceded that Henderson wouldn't have let in. I do remember some bloody good saves as well.

Why not drop everyone who's been at fault. We could probably play the entire youth team on that basis.

I think the likes of Maybury, Kisnorbo, McCarthy, Low, Fryatt come much higher up the queue than Logan. How many changes are you suggesting?

Hey, calm it down like, im not making him a scapegoat (or i didn't intend to!) i was just saying for a nice debate. :D

But to pick out your 3rd line, the youth are not yet ready to play first team football else they would be there already. :D

Hey, calm it down like, im not making him a scapegoat (or i didn't intend to!) i was just saying for a nice debate. :D

But to pick out your 3rd line, the youth are not yet ready to play first team football else they would be there already. :D

I don't know what Doddsy and Kingy might say but generally, I wouldn't wish our first team on the kids. They wouldn't recognise it as football. And I was being facetious. :whistle::D

As for Rab - did you see him playing for the Reserves recently? Didn't sound too clever from what I heard after we lost to Bristol City's X1 which is hardly a come-on for re-selection by any yardstick.

What I might say to Logan is "You're the boss in the six yard box and in the penalty area. If you think the players are defending too deep and cramping your space and vision bloody well shift em and keep shifting them."

Can't argue with that.

What does everyone think? Correct me if i'm wrong but he hasn't kept a clean sheet since his debut and i'm just wondering if it's time for Hendo, or maybe even our mate Rab to come inbetween the sticks for a bit.

I'm not saying Conrad is rubbish, as I believe he is the best out of the three, just give someone else a few games to see if results improve.

see what you're saying but surely it stems deeper than that?

i'd stick with conrad

He kept a clean sheet against Colchester.(I think)

Logan hasnt done anything wrong to be dropped,not like hes made major mistakes its the muppets infront oh him which is why were conceding so many goals. Logan's kicking and shot stopping it better than any of the keepers we have.

if his shot stopping is excellent why the hell did we lose the past few games 4-1, 1-0, 1-0, and a draw to plymouth 2-2

you seem to have a very "black and white" approach to our team.

Archived