Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

What's the most you've spent in a day to watch this team of ours?

:D

Good grief, Davie looks like he's won it here big time. I imagine Barton Fox has spent a few quid in his time aswell.

Yes but the win was sweet in spite of all that and is still the most memorable part of the day. :scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

Away at Brighton last season.

I had to sweeten my wife to the effect that she could shop in Brighton with our 14 year-old (No interest in football) whilst I took our youngest two to see the match.

Ferry and train: £80

Food & drink: £20

Tickets: £48

Programmes: £9

Shopping: about £300 :(

So in total around £460!

Worth it though as we won!

I didn't even know Auckland had a football team, and I was there only a few weeks ago! If I had known, I would have made an effort to find out when they were playing and tried to get to a game (Although my attempt to watch Melbourne Victory ended miserably, as DanTheFox will know ;) )

I don't spend much at football matches, I avoid alcohol and rarely buy a programme, and it's usually just the ticket and transport that I pay for (plus £5-10 on food).

I live in Auckland, footy is taking off here quite a bit, Auckland's team aren't bad for the domestic league but the biggest bunch of losers are NZ Knights, kind of a representative team who plough their trade in the Aussie leagues and get spanked every match. A yardstick as to how good they are. Alan Ball is being lined up as their next manager and heralded as a saviour, they've just signed Dean Gordon to 'shore' up the defence, and their best player is none other than.....drum roll....Scott Gemmill!

Any of you lot ever in the city drop me a line, good to meet fellow foxes out here cant find a supporters club for love nor money.

I cut short a family holiday in Ireland to get back in time for the Watford game (first at the Walkers) - had to be done. My first year (of two ;)) with a season ticket and couldn't miss the first game at the financial millstone around our collective neck.

No idea how much it cost but was fairly pricey - well worth it though.

the swindon playoff final. we stayed in the wembley hilton. i can't remember what the room cost but about 6 of us dropped about £80 each at the bar. i felt dog rough the next day. theiving cockney bas***ds.

i do not know exactly but there have been days where i have spent over a humdred at home matches.

ive been to few away matches over the years , probably the most expensive being the match at wembley when we beat derby to go up , brilliant :D

ive seen the new , taking forever to build wembley and it does look impressive.

I live in Auckland, footy is taking off here quite a bit, Auckland's team aren't bad for the domestic league but the biggest bunch of losers are NZ Knights, kind of a representative team who plough their trade in the Aussie leagues and get spanked every match. A yardstick as to how good they are. Alan Ball is being lined up as their next manager and heralded as a saviour, they've just signed Dean Gordon to 'shore' up the defence, and their best player is none other than.....drum roll....Scott Gemmill!

Any of you lot ever in the city drop me a line, good to meet fellow foxes out here cant find a supporters club for love nor money.

lol

I herd about Dean Gordon, my mate lives out there and he saw him in a bar, quite funny. Don't they have Matty Carbon as well? Herd they have some right wasters.

Auckland City were in the FIFA World Club Championship were they not?

Away at Brighton last season.

I had to sweeten my wife to the effect that she could shop in Brighton with our 14 year-old (No interest in football) whilst I took our youngest two to see the match.

Ferry and train: £80

Food & drink: £20

Tickets: £48

Programmes: £9

Shopping: about £300 :(

So in total around £460!

Worth it though as we won!

I did exactly the same with my missus but even with Hotel it didn't reach £460 :blink:

the swindon playoff final. we stayed in the wembley hilton. i can't remember what the room cost but about 6 of us dropped about £80 each at the bar. i felt dog rough the next day. theiving cockney bas***ds.

The hotel we booked for that match managed to overbook us and they put us up in The Grosvenor House on Park Lane (all 20 of us)-What a result!

Mind you a fiver for a glass of orange juice was taking the piss :cry:

I've never spent that much, on average a home games is:

Travel £2

Food £5

So about £7 unless I buy something else.

Not counting my season ticket.

I don't know about away games, about £30-40 at the most.

Actually Southampton away last year cost a lot as it's theonly game where I've stayed over niight.

I only managed about £300 on my day trip to Vienna from East Mids.

I got into real trouble with my mates. Told them I was skint and couldn't afford a holiday with them that summer. Then my brother in law asks me if I fancy going to the Vienna game. Spent all my summer job savings on a DAY trip and then had some explaining to do as to why I could afford that but not a summer holiday with them.

Once in a lifetime opportunity didn't go down well as they weren't City fans.

Glad I did it though! :P

lol

I herd about Dean Gordon, my mate lives out there and he saw him in a bar, quite funny. Don't they have Matty Carbon as well? Herd they have some right wasters.

Auckland City were in the FIFA World Club Championship were they not?

That's right lost against Al Ahli from Egypt in the quarters - pretty, much says it all about the standard, didn't know about Matty Carbon though. Footy's getting big over here as all the parents pull their kids out of rugby teams as the island boys are so big in comparison and knock 10 bells out of 'em.

That's right lost against Al Ahli from Egypt in the quarters - pretty, much says it all about the standard, didn't know about Matty Carbon though. Footy's getting big over here as all the parents pull their kids out of rugby teams as the island boys are so big in comparison and knock 10 bells out of 'em.

Heh, I know what you mean. I was in New Zealand for almost 6 weeks and got to play football 3 or 4 times with the 'locals'. Twice in Christchurch (once with a group of Chinese uni students, the second time with a handful of Brits/Kiwis/Aussies), and then when I was in Taupo I played with some 13/14 year old school kids. One of the kids was pretty impressive, and they all knew about Premiership football and supported English teams! None of them knew much about Leicester though :(

August 1980 something , first holiday as a married man.

Potentially, this would be the first opening game of the season missed since watching my beloved City.

Disappeared from resort, leaving a note to say not to worry. Flew back into the UK to watch us get stuffed by Notts County before flying back to Ibiza. Total time missing 26 hours.

Told the truth but was not believed.

Divorce.

Cost of game - around about £18000 in divorce settlement.

August 1980 something , first holiday as a married man.

Potentially, this would be the first opening game of the season missed since watching my beloved City.

Disappeared from resort, leaving a note to say not to worry. Flew back into the UK to watch us get stuffed by Notts County before flying back to Ibiza. Total time missing 26 hours.

Told the truth but was not believed.

Divorce.

Cost of game - around about £18000 in divorce settlement.

Fck me.

That is dedication.

Archived