Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Goat

Southampton Match Thread

Never said I wasn't a fan, he's a Leicester City player.

I just don't think he is all Thracian makes him out to be and I'm not convinced he'll be a first teamer should he see out the terms of his 3 and half year deal. Every time he scores people seem to think it proves he has made it the funny thing is the goals against Wolves and Barnsley were both results from shite defending and a scuffed shot and then he nearly missed from 2 yards against the Tykes.

If we are winning great but if we want to be serious contenders within 3 years he isn't going to feature too much.

i agree porter is a top player but hes only standing out like ryan smith did because hes about the only exciting full of flair player we have. when he gets the ball we can expect chances and i hope he improves and also scores today :P

i agree porter is a top player but hes only standing out like ryan smith did because hes about the only exciting full of flair player we have. when he gets the ball we can expect chances and i hope he improves and also scores today :P

You didn't read what I wrote did you?

:rolleyes:

From the OS. ;):thumbup:

No Changes

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly has named an identical line up to that which gained victory over Hull City on Tuesday for the Championship clash against Southampton at the St Mary's Stadium.

Paul Henderson continues in goal, with a back four of Alan Maybury, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley and Nisse Johansson playing in front of him.

Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams, Danny Tiatto and Levi Porter line up in midfield from right to left, with Elvis Hammond and Iain Hume named in attack.

Conrad Logan, Paddy McCarthy, Matty Fryatt, James Wesolowski and Richard Stearman are again named on the bench.

Southampton include former Hearts star Rudi Skacel in their line up.

City: Henderson, Maybury, Kisnorbo ©, McAuley, Johansson, Hughes, Tiatto, Williams, Porter, Hume, Hammond.

Subs: Logan, McCarthy, Fryatt, Wesolowski, Stearman.

Saints: Davis, Ostlund, Baird, Lundekvam ©, Bale, Dyer, Wright, Pele, Skacel, Rasiak, Wright-Phillips.

Subs: Bialkowski, McGoldrick, Licka, Prutton, Viafara.

for me the jury's still out on porter, he's taken his goals well, but he doesn't very often beat his man and i can't remember a decent cross. perhaps he's more of a central midfielder like some on here say. time will tell.

There's not an awful lot between the teams but for a couple of star players on their side who have the potential ability to rip us to shreds. I don't like the idea of Dyer running at Johansson and the idea of Bale and Skacel down their left against Maybury and Hughes is a bit frightening too. We have to compete in the middle infinitely better than we did at their place last season with an identical central midfield. Tiatto and Williams were unbelievably awful that day. I trust McAuley or Kisnorbo to deal with Rasiak more than I'd trust McCarthy while Hume and Hammond have the pace to beat Lundekvam and Baird given the right service.

This is a day where Gareth Williams has to live up to the hype you lot are giving him and not go missing like he has done so many times in the past.

Phew. Managed to get through all that without the obligatory Pele joke.

according to bbc radio leicester the city - saints game could be called off due to significant rain downpour

at 2:45 rob kelly and george burley have just walked off the pitch not very happy

and one of the officals is on the fone to someone, groundsmaen are desperatley trying to poke wholes in the ground to get the draining into the pitch

rain rain go away ... :(

i hope the rain does go away

i really do hope that the game does go ahead if it doesnt it will be real gutting for the people who left at about 9am on foxtravel to get to southampton

Archived