Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Fulham Post-Match Thread

Great performance last night, especially in the first half. Some of our build up play was superb and Hughes pass to fryatt for the first was world-class (not saying everything Hughes does is of the standard).

Fryatt was on fire too and Weso is looking more and more like Neil Lennon, the ball sticks to his feet when he tackles.

Great atmosphere too.

Was disappointed afterwards but our performance made up for that somewhat. However, when I got home and saw the highlights I was even more disappointed seeing that their winner was in fact a foul on Maybury, although I suspect the linbesman was flagging for a foul on their man.

I think if we could of held out another two minutes or so when we were 3-1 up we would of had a much better chance. But when they made it 3-2 you could see where the game was going to go.

I think if we could of held out another two minutes or so when we were 3-1 up we would of had a much better chance. But when they made it 3-2 you could see where the game was going to go.

Yes... if they hadn't struck back so quickly, we might have been okay. You could see our players looking at themselves at that point thinking here' we go again...

Watched the highlights and am convinced there's a foul on Maybury in the lead-up to the goal (one hellueva tug in his shorts), in which case the advantage should have been brought back for a Fulham.

Even more gutted now :(

We thoroughly deserved our half-time lead yesterday. We were quality in the first half - quite possibly the best half of football we have played all season. Came out after half-time with the same purpose, got the third goal and everything was looking great. "Do not concede in the next 10 or 15 minutes and we should be fine" I thought to myself. So naturally what do we go and do? Concede 2 goals in 8 minutes!

I think their fitness was telling towards the end and they exploited the spaces we were leaving at the back very well. Haven't seen the replays for their last goal just yet, but I hear people were saying there was a foul on Maybury in the build up?

Absolutely gutted when that last goal went in - I honestly thought we had done enough to get extra time. We deserved it at least. As with Villa in the other cup though, I was proud to be a Leicester fan and thought the lads gave it everything they had. It just wasn't to be :(

Oh, and our support was fooking awesome yesterday as well :yesyes: :thumbsup: Standing for the entire 90 minutes, completely outsinging the dire Fulham "fans" - of whom I only heard a peep after they'd scored each of their goals! Everyone who went - well done it was quality stuff. Everyone who missed out - unlucky.

First chance I've had to get on since the game. And what a game. If we were going to lose by a goal, then I guess 4-3 was the way to do it. 1-0 would have been disappointing. Never really should have let them back into the game after 3-1, but to be honest I thought we scored our third too early. As soon as that ball hit the back of the net I think we all knew Fulham would come back at us all guns blazing, and that was when their extra bit of class started to show.

Fulham kept that momentum even as they clawed back the defecit and then made it a win, and that was Leicester's fault. Don't get me wrong. They did us proud and weere giving absolutely everything, but to allow Fulham to continue their momentum was where we stumbled. Especially during the period between Weso's goal and Fulham's second, but really for most of the second half, we kept messing up our counter-attacking oppurtunities, and that was why Fulham kept that momentum, because we didn't sink any of those chances. I remember one bit in particular where Hume was running at the box on the break, and had both Fryatt and Porter on his left with only two defenders there. What did he do? He put it out to the right wing, and the cross prromptly flew over everyone's heads.

It wasn't even a particularly attacking performance by Leicester. Definately fairly attacking, but not as much as some teams. For me, it really underlined how defensively we do play for much of the time. I would have liked us to maybe play slightly more offensively, just by letting Williams go up instead of keeping him in a holding role where he seemed to be playing. He did his job, did Williams, and sprayed out some decent passes, but for parts of the game he was pretty anonymous. Like many of his performances, really.

Positives from the game were:

Fryatt getting a goal and putting in his best performance of the season. I think last night really justified Kelly's continued faith in his partnership with Hume. I'm not saying people were wrong to criticise Fryatt's inclusion, because really it was a gamble, but I think Kelly's gamble is just starting to pay off.

Tiatto playing fooking excellently before unfortunately being injured. He was all over the place, full of beans, crunching tackles, winning the ball. We were definately weaker with Weso on, despite him scoring. I don't know why Tiatto isn't used in Williams' role, really.

Cadamarteri looked pretty good when he wasn't out of breath. His first touch is really something and he plays into space along the line far more effectively and naturally than Hughes, who drifted in way too much and got a real bollocking from Hume at one point.

With the exception of Hughes who was by no means awful, the whole team looked cohesive on the attack and like they knew what they were doing. When Hume knocked it back into space and there wasn't anyone there, there were groans, but the mere fact that he's playing like that and anticipating where people will be seems to suggest they're gelling again up front.

Negatives , though, were:

That fooking decision. It probably wasn't too bad refereeing to the neutral, but he definately finished the night having given Fulham the benefit of the doubt a bit more than Leicester. Is it technically correct to play advantage once the opposition team has stopped due to the signal of another offical?

Tiatto maybe injured. Not a huge negative but not great.

Cadamarteri still looking unfit. His ability is definately starting to show now, but it'll be constrained by his fitness until it's sorted out. At this rate he won't be able to start a game until mid-March.

Hughes still drifting in waaay too much, Williams still holding and staying back with the defense when we go forward. Wesolowski looking frankly piss-poor apart from his goal. It wasn't a bad midfield performance really, but it could have been improved.

Set piece play and the occasional bit of dodgy defending. Some of it's luck, but we looked like headless chickens at some of the corners and free kicks and struggling to get it out cost us. I don't remember how many goals were from head close range but it might well have been all of them, I think. Henderson needs to learn to command his box a bit better. I still consider Hendo the better shot stopper, but Logan is better at that kind of thing and might nick his place if it becomes consistantly problematic. Paddy Mac isn't looking at his best lately.

I hadn't noticed I'd written so much. Wow.

I listened to the game last night on the radio whilst watching the Brum game on the TV and texting Jaffa 1970 in Melbourne. Very disapointing to lose so late in the game...maybe it was pay back for our injury time equaliser at the Walkers. Lets face it..when did any team win a game in the 47th minute!!

With Brum to play on Saturday I think Kelly needs to search the back four before they go through the tunnel and find out which of them has the self destuct button and politely ask him to plant it on one of the yamyams defenders when he is not looking.

What a great day out that was. bloody Brillaint.

Got to know a few members from Foxestalk as well (You know who you are :thumbup: ) Also Stevey Walsh was about which was excellent seeing as I was stood basically right next to him at one point :D

tbh I didnt think Fulhams support was that bad, but when they loose or have a crap game they must be silent because for saying they've come back from 3-1 they didnt make loads of noise. They didnt deserve it what-so-ever.

Also like to say what a top ground Craven Cottage is. A great mix of the old and new which made for a great atmosphere :D

Loved how on SSN when they showed the clip of MM you could hear us in the background singing que sera.

It was spine tingling stuff from the city boys :thumbup:

Is it technically correct to play advantage once the opposition team has stopped due to the signal of another offical?

Unfortunately, it is - the Assistants are there to tell the ref what they've seen from their position rather than make the decisions and advantage is clearly still there. :(

Unfortunately, it is - the Assistants are there to tell the ref what they've seen from their position rather than make the decisions and advantage is clearly still there. :(

In all it's our fault as the old cliche goes - 'Play to the whistle' we didn't and it cost us...big time

What a great day out that was. bloody Brillaint.

Got to know a few members from Foxestalk as well (You know who you are :thumbup: ) Also Stevey Walsh was about which was excellent seeing as I was stood basically right next to him at one point :D

tbh I didnt think Fulhams support was that bad, but when they loose or have a crap game they must be silent because for saying they've come back from 3-1 they didnt make loads of noise. They didnt deserve it what-so-ever.

Also like to say what a top ground Craven Cottage is. A great mix of the old and new which made for a great atmosphere :D

Loved how on SSN when they showed the clip of MM you could hear us in the background singing que sera.

It was spine tingling stuff from the city boys :thumbup:

i presume that was you at the back of coach 9 ! the get your tits out chant to originalrobbofox was gold lol .

THE DAY EVERYONE STOOD

All away games should be like it, brilliant, far and away the best game I have been to in 3 years (i missed Charlton)

The support was amazing 3500 fans stood for the whole game and chanted for all of it.

No Flask brigade in sight :thumbup:

Anyone else on coach 9 think we had the most miserable driver in the world and most underprepared stewards.

Driver wouldn't let people bring hot food on the bus at Toddington, practically accused us of having alcohol when we returned to the bus after Toddington (not that we did :thumbup: {we made the switch}). Told everyone not to so much look at Fulham fans in London cos he was worried about his precious bus.

Then we we got to Fulham he made everyone be quiet and he spoke 'listen up cos this will confuse you all, when you get off the coach turn RIGHT, when you leave the ground turn RIGHT, not LEFT, RIGHT ok??'

The steward had about 3 stirrers for coffees to go round the whole coach, no dvd (all other coaches had entertainment) and she kept rubbin her arse in my face too.

Finally, me and Sparky were spotted by other FT members, who were they??

Just got back from the game and i'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. The lads showed tremendous heart and passion for once. The defending was weak, no doubt, but we were also up against players a class above what they're used to. Man for Man Fulham are a far better side then us and we gave them a really good go. We shouldn't have lost it but at least it wasn't for lack of trying or lack of scoring goals.

Major Positives:

1) The support - incredible. Some of the best i've ever seen from anyone anywhere. Didn't stop all game and was pretty much everyone who was there. My friends who came along today (non-city fans) found themselves swept up in it and were hugely impressed by our support. In contrast to Fulham who didn't string a single coherent chant together.

2) Hume-Fryatt partnership. Thought they looked on the same wavelength for much of the time. Hume worked really hard and Fryatt took his chance very well (as he has been threatening to do for so long). Think they enjoy playing together and it's our main chance of doing well up front in the near future.

3) Weso - came on for Tiatto and played really well. Did his job well, great finish for the goal. Worked tirelessly, didn't look scared of big tackles and made some excellent passes. He reads a game very well for his age.

Well said.

The atmosphere was probably the best i've been involved in for some years. I didn't sit down once and I didn't stop singing for 90 minutes, I cannot remember the last time that happened.

Matty Fryatt was simply superb, that is why he is rated so highly. No excuses for the season he's had so far, but he's started to get back to his best and on Wednesday he was almost un-playable against. He's not quick, but when his confidence is high, he's such a quick thinker that defenders will struggle against him.

Wesolowski, like against Villa, was brilliant. These are the sort of games he thrives on and it was great to see him get his first goal for the club. He is always passionate and excitable when Leicester score, but to see him score, I don't think he knew what to do. I imagine he was pulling some ridicilous faces like he often does during goal celebrations. His tackling is some of the best i've witnessed since Lennon and Walsh. (Walshy!!! ****in legend, did anyone see him get completely mobbed at half time? He was pissing himself when about 50 fans ran at him).

My last point is, the chants man!! Some of the songs that were being sung in the Eight Bells and at the ground were amazing. The Cadamarteri chant, nearly took the old roof off. Did anyone see Danny keep laughing when we just kept singing it? He won us a corner I think? And he couldn't stop laughing.

The Mandaric chants were good aswell, i'm sure he would have heard us!

Anyone else on coach 9 think we had the most miserable driver in the world and most underprepared stewards.

Driver wouldn't let people bring hot food on the bus at Toddington, practically accused us of having alcohol when we returned to the bus after Toddington (not that we did :thumbup: {we made the switch}). Told everyone not to so much look at Fulham fans in London cos he was worried about his precious bus.

Then we we got to Fulham he made everyone be quiet and he spoke 'listen up cos this will confuse you all, when you get off the coach turn RIGHT, when you leave the ground turn RIGHT, not LEFT, RIGHT ok??'

The steward had about 3 stirrers for coffees to go round the whole coach, no dvd (all other coaches had entertainment) and she kept rubbin her arse in my face too.

Finally, me and Sparky were spotted by other FT members, who were they??

Twas me and JME :thumbup:

Archived