Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Fulham Post-Match Thread

Tiatto has been reasonably effective, it would seem.

We can't be doing with Tiatto injured - think of the alternatives in the middle.

Wesolowski - who hasn't played much for fear of snapping his pegs again.

Andy Johnson!

Say n'more. :ph34r:

Hughes is effectively a RW now... our only one, spare maybe Maybury. So Hughes won't go into the middle, Johnson will.

Get well soon, Tiatto. :scarf:

See the irony in there?

Just comes back from injury. :ph34r:

And YOU tune in too late... :pinch:

fooking fuming.

Leicester City - taking a 3-1 lead and turning it into a 4-3 defeat at a football stadium near you.

Sure I didn't expect them to win, but they did really well and then fooked up what should have been a straightforward game from halftime.

Our crap run over November began shortly after our similar game against Aston Villa.

Birmingham beat the Geordies 5-1 on their home turf.

We are fooked on Saturday.

I think you underestimate our chances !

To concede 6... :cool:

Why do I do it to myself?

Look for the positives Sam! Goddamnit, stop being some lunatic with anger management issues.

Premiership opposition, though. ;)

Scored five, three away, against a Premiership team. :cool:

Regardless of conceding six, that's a plus.

As for the conceding of six, they only edged us by a single goal. It's not like they played us off the park and gave us a battering we'll never forget. It wasn't a great way to end our cup campaign, but it could easily have been much worse against a team a division above us with some fancy Italian bloke who cost a lot of money once upon a time. ;)

Look for the positives, Sam. ;):P:smile:

See the irony in there?

Just comes back from injury. :ph34r:

And YOU tune in too late... :pinch:

:cry:

I don't wanna be the fall guy.

I thought we were friends, Alexander. *sniff* :(

----------------

PS: Interesting to note that crap has sneaked it's way into the discussion... one way or another. :ph34r:

Lisa said that Montella was the difference and looked world class.

And she was there so knows more than me so I'll stick with that. He did cost €25,000,000 one upon a time to be fair.

Fulham are a mid table prem side with no realy injuries so to take them to the wire is a good acheivement - gutting, but fairly impressive :(

He'll rip us to shreds on Saturday!

Might be a game late but as I said at the time, he's a fantastic player and quite what he is doing at Fulham I don't know.

I am rather gutted about the fact that he scored a fu*king header though. his positioning has always been spot on but still :rolleyes: he's not much taller than Levi.

:cry:

I don't wanna be the fall guy.

I thought we were friends, Alexander. *sniff* :(

----------------

PS: Interesting to note that crap has sneaked it's way into the discussion... one way or another. :ph34r:

Of course we are still friends.

desktop02.jpg

Now have a hug. :kissing:

I just got back from the game (probably the first as I live nearby). I am absolutely gutted yet extremely proud at the same time.

That is quite frankly the most effort I have see Leicester put into a performance since the O'Niell days. It was a classic cup tie and it really could have gone either way to the death.

We had fantastic support, completely dominated the singing. Plus none other than Steve Walsh was behind the stand at half time causing a bit of a crowd crush. I had an awful seat on the corner of the stand, front row, so if my representations are inaccurate in any way please forgive me, and blame it on the fat steward that stood in front of me for the best part of the game.

We started off so positively, almost too positively - Fryatts goal was a great finish - not sure if it was offside. We spent the first half hour completely harrying them and getting stuck in, and the First Fulham goal came from our first lapse in concentration. Mcauley failed to get an early tackle in on the wing, and Mcbride had an easy finish from the resultant cross.

Sorry but I don't recall either of Montella's goals very well you will have to wait for MOTD.

Mcauley - cracking header at the back post made up for early complacency. Weso's goal after half time was also a corker and we were all going nuts. After the 2nd Fulham goal went in the momentum really changed in their favour, we could no longer close them down as well and they got the extra half a yard on us. The equaliser shortley followed after a goalmouth scramble.

We had a few good chances after that. Hughsey had a great chance to put us in the lead but didnt connect with the cross. Paddy K also had a good chance from 20 yards which he scuffed.

As for the winner. We were extremely unlucky. From what I saw the linesman flagged for a foul, but the ref played advantage. Unfortunately our defence froze and he went on to beat 2 stranded defenders to slot home. Very harsh. Not as bad as the Worthington cup final vs Spurs but not far off.

Also managed to meet The People's Hero before the game, which was a true honour, sir.

I went to tonights game asking only one thing - that we gave our all. That we achieved and more. It really shows we can play when we have the passion. Whatever Mandaric does at Leicester he must recognise that this is what we thrive off as foxes fans. I hope Kelly can keep this quality of football up for the rest of the season, as Fulham seriously met their match today.

Monk

Just back from the game.

Gutted.

Looked good first half. Was delighted to go 3-1 up just after the break....

Then we just lost it! Fulham put some pressure on and we didn't know what to do!

I thought extra time was coming then they all stood still in defence when the lino waved his flag about! ... Goal.

Great night, good fun.. but a bit gutted.

I'm incredibly pissed off. I've always been someone who's been very proud of the team when they've put in a good performance, who has also always tried to be positive in the light of negativity but tonight i think i've crossed my line.

I don't really care what people say about us playing well, and scoring so many away from home. The truth of the matter is we had MORE than one chance tonight to kill the game off, sure Montella made a difference but if we had not sat back and conceeded before half time they would have had a much harder time of it coming back. The crowd was really on there back after they went 1-0 down, we should have used this time to get another one in, throw everything at them. But no, we slowly wasted away and let them back in so they could equalize. For us to get 2-1 up again was rather fortunate in the whole swing of things.

Then the second half, we could have learnt our lessons from the first - but we didn't. We took their pressure and got absolutly skull****ed to death.

The truth is we gave them the win tonight, screw league position and form we could have won, and no doubt should have won. We gave Fulham the game.

Sounds an excellent game for the neutrals - and even better for the Fulham fans.

But it's the THIRD time under this manager we've gone out of a cup to a last-minute goal.

That's not bad luck - it's a character flaw of this side. Until we sort it out we will continue to strruggle in the lower leagues.

Let's hope that Mandaric, who was at the game tonight, knows what he has to do..

Just got back as well.

Gutted.

And sickened.

But not angry.

Monk has summed up the game well. Can't remember a better first half performance but it hurt us in the second half when we started to look tired.

Special praise for the supporters though. Fk me we were loud, passionate and COMPLETELY (and I mean completely) sung Fulham off the park. Spine tingling stuff.

Yes the defending was the wrong side of shambolic at times but what a refreshing sight to see such positive attacking play. Thought Wesolowski was very impressive playing a proper holding role but pushing forward as well. Great finish for the goal.

And that's about all I have the will to say right now.

Proud yes. Gutted, massively.

Monk has summed up the game well.

Thanks - I was starting to wonder if I had been to a different game... I am not angry. THe final goal was very harsh to blame on our defence. Even John Terry himself would probably have frozen in that situation. Montellas goal was the result of a scramble and the other was some class work so I dont think the goals we conceeded were all down to serious faults on our part.

As TPH and I were saying before the game - better to lose after 90 mins than 120 with brum coming up on saturday. If we keep closing down the opposition like we did tonight we will move in the right direction. Not many teams in the championship could create the space Fulham did with the pressure we put them under, but eventually it was too much for us. A sign we are not a premiership club. So what? we already know that!

Agree with the positive comments on tonight's game. Having watched any number of dreadful games in the last three years, it was an absolute pleasure to be at Craven Cottage tonight. OK we lost. Frankly we were never going to win the Cup. But we played with passion, heart and no little skill.

It was fun, there was great noise from our supporters. My only negative comment is to wonder why we can't play like that against Sunderland, Cardiff, Sheff Weds etc etc

just worried how brum cut newcastle to shreds - albiet a poor defence from newcastle it will be hard to stop em on sat

Most of the damage Brum did was done after the sending off.

Still we all know our good cup performances are often false dawns. Will be a hard game.

Gutted here in Melbourne...have to wait for the highlights on "world" to see the goals..maybe i should avoid that to put off further despair..lol

Maybe brum will come to the walkers with a false sense of security and we can nail them in the first half.

I wish this eternal optimism would go away..lol

Come on lads, work through the disappointment and stick it to em on saturday.

Just got back from the game and i'm a bit surprised at some of the reactions. The lads showed tremendous heart and passion for once. The defending was weak, no doubt, but we were also up against players a class above what they're used to. Man for Man Fulham are a far better side then us and we gave them a really good go. We shouldn't have lost it but at least it wasn't for lack of trying or lack of scoring goals.

Major Positives:

1) The support - incredible. Some of the best i've ever seen from anyone anywhere. Didn't stop all game and was pretty much everyone who was there. My friends who came along today (non-city fans) found themselves swept up in it and were hugely impressed by our support. In contrast to Fulham who didn't string a single coherent chant together.

2) Hume-Fryatt partnership. Thought they looked on the same wavelength for much of the time. Hume worked really hard and Fryatt took his chance very well (as he has been threatening to do for so long). Think they enjoy playing together and it's our main chance of doing well up front in the near future.

3) Weso - came on for Tiatto and played really well. Did his job well, great finish for the goal. Worked tirelessly, didn't look scared of big tackles and made some excellent passes. He reads a game very well for his age.

Archived