Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Fulham Post-Match Thread

Top performance,got to be proud of the lads most of them all had a great game and really dug in and we did actually play some decent football at times,sloppy defending done us over again like it has done many times before,failing to clear and letting crosses get into the box that should have been cut out.

Overall though,a top night and we done our selves proud.

Brilliant day/night out. Well done to the lads, fryatt looks to be growing in confidence and overall a pretty good performance from the team. Fans were brilliant and if i was a Fulham fan id bep retty embarassed when looking at us !

they shold be embarrased, bunch of part timers. terrible support, first song i heard from them was in the 70th minute. and they have the cheek to sing you're not singing any more. w&nkers.

not that i'm bitter or anything.

Absolutely gutted. :cry:

But still so proud of the way we played last night, we were excellent - closed them down, passed it about, attacked with confidence. :)

Although everyone played well, I thought Matty Fryatt stood out, really does look back to his best. He worked hard, ran at the defence and created space for himself and others (great play to set up Weso's goal :D ) and I have to say I think his hold-up play has improved massively.

And although its' already been said, I still have to mention just how amazing the fans were last night - that was definitely the best support from City fans I have ever seen at a game. Well done everyone else who went. :thumbsup: :clap::appl:

Fulham's support was very poor but then again I didn't expect any better.

Lisa said that Montella was the difference and looked world class.

And she was there so knows more than me so I'll stick with that. He did cost €25,000,000 one upon a time to be fair.

Fulham are a mid table prem side with no realy injuries so to take them to the wire is a good acheivement - gutting, but fairly impressive :(

He was. As soon as he came on my heart sank, just knew he was gonna do us. :cry:

Pretty proud of them to be fair. The defending at times was Championship standard against Premiership strikers, but that was to be expected to be in evidence for at least part of the match.

For what it's worth, I thought we gave too much first half. We were then huffing and puffing last 25 minutes and when Fulham stepped it up a gear towards the end, I think their fitness told.

Still, great match... good atmosphere from us lot... enjoyable day. Just a horrible horrible way to lose a match.

Not trying to take away from what was no doubt a great game of football and a good Leicester performance, but seriously those that went watch the highlights, some of our defending for their goals is laughable, espeically their first.

Not trying to take away from what was no doubt a great game of football and a good Leicester performance, but seriously those that went watch the highlights, some of our defending for their goals is laughable, espeically their first.

I agree mate. I really do agree. At 3-1 up... you just shouldn't be losing a game 4-3... but then, we've seen Leicester throw away 3-0 leads before against inferior opposition.

I'll be quite honest, I though McCarthy was awful last night. It's never going to be easy for the back four when Fulham are getting forwards, especially when the likes of Routledge get to really join in the attack and you know Montella is lurking in the middle... but quite frankly, you're correct, the defending was not up to much at all for their first goal and the entire of the second half.

McAuley had another very good game though.. he's fast becoming one of my favourite players. I'd love to see him and Kisnorbo together, building up a partnership in the middle.

I've been moaning all day about how the ref shouldn't have let that goal stand, but after seeing that I don't really think we can have too many complaints. :(

Yeah cant blame the ref for letting play go on,if the boot was on the other foot we would have liked the play to continue aswel.

I dont think anyone will disagree even at the game we said that. But when you get caught in the emotion it takes a while for it to sink in. Some of our link up play and little triangles of play and our ability to get at them was something that has only been seen at the walkers a few rare times this season. But what hasnt been seen at the walkers was THAT atmosphere for a very long time. Makes a difference when you stand all game.

I agree mate. I really do agree. At 3-1 up... you just shouldn't be losing a game 4-3... but then, we've seen Leicester throw away 3-0 leads before against inferior opposition.

I'll be quite honest, I though McCarthy was awful last night. It's never going to be easy for the back four when Fulham are getting forwards, especially when the likes of Routledge get to really join in the attack and you know Montella is lurking in the middle... but quite frankly, you're correct, the defending was not up to much at all for their first goal and the entire of the second half.

McAuley had another very good game though.. he's fast becoming one of my favourite players. I'd love to see him and Kisnorbo together, building up a partnership in the middle.

The thing is, I think individually he did alright - but Paddy's problem is he just cannot organise those around him and the defence ends up vulnerable because people don't know what they're doing anymore. We look so much more secure and comfortable with McAuley alongside Paddy K.

Went to the game too - was a great turnout and amazing atosphere. We were in full voice all the way through - offering to sing songs for Fulham too! ;) Walshie was just two seats behind me so managed to grab a pic with him aswell.

Proud of our lads because they gave it their all - shocking defending I must say but cant do much now. Fryatt looked lively and held the ball up very well, adding a great goal. Hume worked his socks off. Levi was doing well on the wing too. Cadermarteri lifted the place when he came on.

We should have closed the game down at 3-1 but seeing as its Leicester I somehow knew that it wasnt going to be as easy as it looked. Injury time we were pressing for the winner and extra time was looming but with the inevitable I couldnt believe Fulham managed to squeeze an attack in and score from it! We were shouting (along with thousands of others) about the linesman flagging before routeledge put the ball in. Was a split second where I even thought it was disallowed but it wasnt to be.

Oh well, we should take the positives. Milan was there and he'll prob be encouraged with what he saw. Passion, fight, some great goals and terrific support. Lets hope he can give RK a bumper big transfer kitty and we can finally start moving up the league. If the takeover is anounced soon and we manage to sign a few quality players before the window closes who knows, we may even make a late surge into the playoffs (hopeful I know but if Palace managed it we bloody well should be able to - especially with some of the spirit we saw yesterday).

We will be back in the big time, its only a question of when and not if. Good times are coming again ...

Keep the Faith

Blue Army!!

McAuley gets himself up the pitch from right back, numerous times in the last few games I've seen him get forward from the RB position and win headers for our front two, very good tatics from RK for me its one of the reasons our performances have improved.

I dunno about McCarthy last night, McBrides goal is Kisnorbos fault he's clearly missed his header. Montella scoreing a header is everyone over 5'6's fault and everyone seemed to shut down for the forth. Obviously it's just the goals I've seen, I Don't know how he played for the rest of the game.

Mixed feelings for me!

I was one of the Leicester fans cheering the lads on yesterday and the lads did do us proud!

At times the passing was different class and we bossed the game. To go 3-1 was amazing as it was deserved and to be honest, we should have been more than 2-1 up at HT with a little luck.

Still the dissapointment is to again play well and leave with nothing. We have a history of throwing games away when in command and IMO its got to be down to lack of experience. We were still going for it when we should have shut up shop at 3-1 and hit them on the break.

Still. it was a great day and they did us proud.

BTW Paddy Mac played a shocker yesterday and well done to Matty Fryatt who again looked good, scoring and setting up Weso`s class strike.

RATINGS

Henderson 7 Solid, little he could do with the goals. Kicking seemed fine

McAuley 7 Love this guy. At fault to allow the cross for Fulham's opener though

Kisnorbo 7 By and large a good performance

McCarthy 6 I think played as well as he can, but simply couldn't cope with Montella, who was clearly

in a different league to our Paddy

Maybury 7 Decent performance, and pushed forward well

Hughes 7 Played well, worked hard, put in some good crosses

Tiatto 9 Superb in the 35 minutes he played. Bossed the midfield

Williams 6 Thought he'd do better in a game like that. Moderate

Porter 8 Looking more and more accomplished. Must be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Fryatt 7 Very pleased for him to score a goal. I believe more will follow

Hume 7 Tireless as ever

Weso 8 Again delighted he scored his first goal. An outstanding talent

Stearman on for too little to assign a score

Du Du Du Du on for too little to assign a score

I've been moaning all day about how the ref shouldn't have let that goal stand, but after seeing that I don't really think we can have too many complaints. :(

I still think it was Routledge who was holding on to the shorts of one of our players. I saw the goals again on Sky today and he definately was pulling on but no-one has mentioned it!

What a great night out. My legs just aren't working right today after walking around london all day standing all game was painful but worth it. Gutted we lost but I'm sure every City fan who went are beaming with pride today. We totally embarrassed the fulham fans, the only time you heard them was when they scored but within seconds we put them back in their place. When people say the atmosphere at the walkers in crap, I'm going to stand up and tell them how bad it can be.

Was the stand we were in a tempory stand or something? It was really shakey and didn't seem all that well constructed/unfolded :D

As for the game, yeah we made a few defensive errors that lead to their goals but we played very well. We dominated the first half and it was only toward the end when we were getting worn out that they came back into the game. I'm sure everyone has already said it but if we did play like that in the league we'd be were we belong, at the top. The supposed gap between the Championship and the Premiership doesn't exist, the only true gap is between the top four of the premiership and everyone else.

To be fair he shouldnt have got through there were three of our defenders out there one of them should have stopped him.

Too many defensive mistakes last night let them back into the game. :rolleyes:

However last night made me proud to be a leicester fan again :thumbup: The players gave their all and our support was top notch.

PRIDE OF THE MIDLANDS

i forgot to mention, where the fook did 4 minutes injury time come from. i dont remember see any physio coming on in 2nd half. :angry:

same with 3 in the 1st? absolute joke. not that it matters now.

no that stand is not temporary - the whole stadium is made of it (i think?!)

I was absolutely gutted at the end and there were a couple of fans nearly in tears. The fans yesterday were magnificent and we didn't deserve to lose, especially in that manner. All the Leicester weaknesses were exploited - lack of pace in the full-back positions, losing late goals and lack of experience. The second of those weaknesses is a hangover from the Micky Adams Premiership season and it should have been sorted by now. The positives are that we are continuing to play bright, attacking football. Congrats again to the fans and let's hope we produce more attacking performances like that.

Had a great day out yesterday despite the result. We were very unluvky and overall we probably deserved to win but our lack of fitness showed towards the end of the game. We scored 3 goals away from home against established opponents from the Premership so that is something to be proud of.

Hopefully we can carry this performance into the game vs Brum on Saturday and get a result from a very tough match. Well done to all the fans aswell, great support last night.

Archived