Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Who would you put in goal against Luton?

94 members have voted

1. 1. Gk for game vs LTFC

• Hendo
    • Logan

Logan had conceded 7 in 2 games when he got dropped and Henderson has now done the same so maybe the time is right for Logan to come back in. Logan's not perfect though. I think he would've been beaten by at least one of Chopra's last goals due to not being able to get off the ground fast enough and his kicking, although long, wasn't always used to best effect when he had a run in the first team. Chances to start an attack from the back when losing in the final stages of a match were wasted by his gigantic kick over the heads of both strikers and into the arms of his relieved opposite number.

Logan had conceded 7 in 2 games when he got dropped and Henderson has now done the same so maybe the time is right for Logan to come back in. Logan's not perfect though. I think he would've been beaten by at least one of Chopra's last goals due to not being able to get off the ground fast enough and his kicking, although long, wasn't always used to best effect when he had a run in the first team. Chances to start an attack from the back when losing in the final stages of a match were wasted by his gigantic kick over the heads of both strikers and into the arms of his relieved opposite number.

I have a feeling that the speech RK gave Hendo to sign a new contract went along the lines of him being the current number 1. I dont think RK has the bollox to drop him 2 games after he persuaded him to sign a new contract.

How can you seriously say that?

Barton is Scottish and has a soft spot for the brickie. Out of all 3 of the goalies, Logan for me makes less mistakes even if he hasn't played as much as the other 2.

Douglas has been very lucky in what he's achieved in his career, Barton may argue otherwise. But he's dog mess and at 34/35 isn't suddenly going to become a great goalkeeper, especially given he's not played for a year and his morale and fitness will be horrifying.

Barton is Scottish and has a soft spot for the brickie. Out of all 3 of the goalies, Logan for me makes less mistakes even if he hasn't played as much as the other 2.

Douglas has been very lucky in what he's achieved in his career, Barton may argue otherwise. But he's dog mess and at 34/35 isn't suddenly going to become a great goalkeeper, especially given he's not played for a year and his morale and fitness will be horrifying.

I think saying that is incredible harsh, seeing as Thracian gets to bang on about Andy King 10 times a day just because he's mates with his dad and no one bats an eye lid.

Didn't he play in a reserve match some time ago and look absolutely shit and ship 3 or 4 goals?

I don't think he's played in any of this season's behind-closed-doors sessions because we've been using whoever Logan/Henderson - whichever isn't playing in goal for the first team at that time. He may have played one very early in the season to try his fitness out... practically in pre-season, though.

I don't think it'd be wise to bring Douglas back - he'll be nowhere near ready for a match, I don't think he's played at all since about August.

Douglas has been left to rot. He's only really going to gain any fitness if one of the two first choice keepers gets crocked and he appears in a closed-door friendly in place of the 2nd choice keeper of the day. Either way, he's not much use for the first team, I'd guess.

Well, I've just seen the Cardiff game highlights and - in my humble opinion - Henderson had not one chance against a single one of Chopra's strikes. They were all top-notch goals, executed by a tremendously talented football player. It reminded me of the Sheffield Wednesday game at home.

It was more like our defense was outplayed by a whirlwind.

I'd stick with Henderson.

Its only his first real mistake of the season. Every keeper makes at least 1 or 2 mistakes per season. If he makes a mistake against Luton and in the match after that, drop him then but not after 1 mistake

Agreed

Henderson is the better, more experienced keeper.

One bad match does not make him a bad keeper!

I think saying that is incredible harsh, seeing as Thracian gets to bang on about Andy King 10 times a day just because he's mates with his dad and no one bats an eye lid.

:D:D

Barton knows i'm only joking, it's the sort of thing he'd say if someone rated a player for no given reason.

I wasn't aware that Thracian knew King's dad, that may explain a few things! Although King has had a very good season for the academy and I think he deserves a stint in the first team. I can see him arriving late in to the box at The Kop end and skying a few over the bar.

Archived