Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Andy Johnson

I know he's not the most popular guy on this site but I thought he put in a good solid performance today. At times his passing was a bit poor but considering he's been out so long I thought it was a pretty good performance. If anything I would say he was one of the better players out on the pitch today and for once didnt even have the worst hair - Luton's number 9 (akinbiyi wannabe) took that award!

He was ok today. Hughes was absent for alot of the game and Johnson to be fair did cover him. Some of his passing was bad at times but as you say he has been out with injury for a long time.

I didn't think he was that bad today his ball through to the build up to our goal was good but he seems to dislike pushing forward when we get the chance.

I didn't think he was that bad today his ball through to the build up to our goal was good but he seems to dislike pushing forward when we get the chance.

and when he did push forward he seemed reluctant to shoot. Ive no idea what his shooting ability is like but he needs to have a crack now and again especially when the ball sits up for him as nicely as it did at one point today!

What a ridiculous decision. He'd have made a good marionette. I regarded him as the nearly man. He was so often nearly there, nearly making a good pass, nearly making a good tackle, nearly having some effect and nearly dominating a situation.

Above all our team needs an injection of pace, energy and passion. Johnson demonstrated none of those things. His close control was ordinary at best and both he and Hughes only ever threatened the Luton penalty area twice as I recall - and we were at home.

If I had to pick a Man of the Match today it would be Porter. For his quiet competence in various situations and his ability - even with his two free kicks at the end - to create at least a little havoc in the visiting defence.

Hume was another forced too far back too often, but how he tried and what a pity Hammond was introduced so late. When he was on our attacks, such as the were, at least started to look a bit more threatening.

What a ridiculous decision. He'd have made a good marionette. I regarded him as the nearly man. He was so often nearly there, nearly making a good pass, nearly making a good tackle, nearly having some effect and nearly dominating a situation.

Above all our team needs an injection of pace, energy and passion. Johnson demonstrated none of those things. His close control was ordinary at best and both he and Hughes only ever threatened the Luton penalty area twice as I recall - and we were at home..

i agree with this part. MOM, what a fooking joke!

He's going to go home tonight now thinking he's had a good game, which is very annoying.

Above all our team needs an injection of pace, energy and passion. Johnson demonstrated none of those things. His close control was ordinary at best and both he and Hughes only ever threatened the Luton penalty area twice as I recall - and we were at home.

If I had to pick a Man of the Match today it would be Porter. For his quiet competence in various situations and his ability - even with his two free kicks at the end - to create at least a little havoc in the visiting defence.

Hume was another forced too far back too often, but how he tried and what a pity Hammond was introduced so late. When he was on our attacks, such as the were, at least started to look a bit more threatening.

Please just give up, he was as bad as the rest of the team today.

The only passes he completed were short ones that usually went backwards.

He offered nothing today that anyone else in that role could not have accomplished at least as well. Watching the game while listening to the Muppets on Radio Leicester left me wondering what drugs Barber takes before a game. I want some.

Johnson's vision as to where players actually are simply isn't there...when he plays clever balls to players who haven't run - and he does it again and again.

Ridiculous.

I thought Porter was pretty good today as well.

When we did get the ball down and look to get forward he would be there with his neat passing rarely giving it away, it's just a shame he didn't get that much of the ball to make more of an impact.

The only passes he completed were short ones that usually went backwards.

He offered nothing today that anyone else in that role could not have accomplished at least as well. Watching the game while listening to the Muppets on Radio Leicester left me wondering what drugs Barber takes before a game. I want some.

Johnson's vision as to where players actually are simply isn't there...when he plays clever balls to players who haven't run - and he does it again and again.

Ridiculous.

It never has been, he's not that type of player, he sits gives you an option and suppousidly wins you possesion.

Of course as Thracian has said he hasn't got the pace or the energy for it anymore, which is why he looks piss poor, still if he's had an average game at least it's a start.

Regardless of what has been said already in this thread, I didn't think Johnson was too good today. Infact, I think calling him average could be being a little nice. I mean sure, he ran a bit more than normal but his passing wasn't exactly up to much again. Put in a couple of challenges but nothing too special. Was OK in the first half went downhill in the second.

For an Andy Johnson performance he was outstanding!

Seriously, he wasn't bad at all today really. Still think he's useless but he was one of our better players today. His tackling came through today as one of his main attributes.

Archived