Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Xbox 360 v PS3

Xbox 360 v PS3  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who's getting/got what?

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • None
    • Other (Please State)

I'm unsure, I'm very tempted by the Xbox but I also want to wait for the PS3, TBH whichever I get I know I will play for it solidly for the first 3 months then after that i'll have got bored of it and it will have just become a very expensive DVD player!

I'm probably leaning towards the PS3. But I think my best option is to wait till the release of the PS3, see how good/bad and what problems there are with the PS3 then compare, e.t.c.

I'm getting a 360 next week all being well for £300 inc. pro 6 and test drive.

Can't be arsed to wait for a ps3, the price will come down bu I still can't see it being less than £350 next christmas. I n which time I'll have no console for 10 months as my ps2 is fooked and psp is only entertaining on aeroplanes and car journeys.

I'll be a member of the 360 clan soon :D

£60 a game - you need to be rich and stupid to get a PS3...the differential between it and the 360 isn't justified in the price. The graphics are as good as identical, and better on the 360 on a number of games...and the PS3 controllers are out of the arc.

If you want to be different - get a Wii: crap graphics but fun controllers

Why would anyone get a PS3? :dunno:

£60 a game - you need to be rich and stupid to get a PS3...the differential between it and the 360 isn't justified in the price. The graphics are as good as identical, and better on the 360 on a number of games...and the PS3 controllers are out of the arc.

That is criminal. That has put me off the PS3 even more.

That is criminal. That has put me off the PS3 even more.

Plus loads of great 360 games are going platenum and dropping in price, pro 6 is only £30 at most places the max you should pay for a game is £35, places like tesco and even game have 'em well cheap

This time, Sony has lost the console wars with a poor marketing and release management. They made themselves look like real fools when they presented the PS3 for the first time at the E3.

Too expensive, not enough good titles available, the design is disgusting. Same old, same old Sony.

I'd go for an XBOX 360, although I've never really been a Microsoft fan. But the time in Canada, where a friend of mine brought his regular XBOX with him, has changed my mind by a landmile.

I'll probably wait until prices drop a bit more and then buy an XBOX 360.

Because it will be awesome and will overtake the popularity of the 360 when its price comes down.

Sonys superiority in console gaming will shine through.

Because it will be awesome and will overtake the popularity of the 360 when its price comes down.

The cost of the blu-ray drive means the price won't come anytime soon - I believe the cost price of a PS3 is around £800 :ph34r:

The price will remain sky high for at least 18 months after release, which isn't even until late march of this year so I'd expect a small drop in around September/October 2008. If at all as others have said the Blu ray may keep it at it's full mark up price for longer. The 360 shouldn't be too far off a price drop and is already considerbly cheaper.

The Xbox 360 currently has superior graphics atm due to developes being more familar with the system and knowing how to get the most out of it. Again it'll be another 18 months before PS3 overtakes the 360 by any noticable margin, by which time the Xbox will be about 3 years old :unsure:.

The games on the PS3 are all sixty quid and tbh the only exclusive game out thats worth buying is resistence fall of man, every other decent game for the PS3 can be bought on the 360 for cheaper and the graphic are better.

I just can't get my head round why any one would buy one at launch, theres absolutley no benefit.

The price will remain sky high for at least 18 months after release, which isn't even until late march of this year so I'd expect a small drop in around September/October 2008. If at all as others have said the Blu ray may keep it at it's full mark up price for longer. The 360 shouldn't be too far off a price drop and is already considerbly cheaper.

The Xbox 360 currently has superior graphics atm due to developes being more familar with the system and knowing how to get the most out of it. Again it'll be another 18 months before PS3 overtakes the 360 by any noticable margin, by which time the Xbox will be about 3 years old :unsure:.

The games on the PS3 are all sixty quid and tbh the only exclusive game out thats worth buying is resistence fall of man, every other decent game for the PS3 can be bought on the 360 for cheaper and the graphic are better.

I just can't get my head round why any one would buy one at launch, theres absolutley no benefit.

Because owning a brand-new PS3 is a fashion statement, no matter what the price.

The two consoles represent two different images, as do their manufacturers with the brands. Sony is said to be "sexy" and "trendy", whereas the XBOX 360 is too "techy" or "cold". Not that "techy" is something bad, it's just that as a household name, Microsoft has a less positive reputation than their Japanese counterparts. It all boils down to marketing.

but the first xbox was a better machine than the ps2 in terms or graphics and so on, the only reason PS2 sold more was because they got their foot in the door a couple of years before Microsoft and they couldn't recover from that!! now imo something very similar has happened with PS3 and the 360

but the first xbox was a better machine than the ps2 in terms or graphics and so on, the only reason PS2 sold more was because they got their foot in the door a couple of years before Microsoft and they couldn't recover from that!! now imo something very similar has happened with PS3 and the 360

Absolutly, as i have stated earlier, i work with Sony and i know for a fact how much they fear the xbox 360. They are really going to struggle to compete this time, anyone who is going to pay over £500 pounds for a console with inferior titles, need there heads looking at.

Archived