Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Sunday League Football

Dont know if this is right place to post but im looking to join a sunday league team in the summer, does anyone know if any teams are on the look for players?

Where abouts do you live? The team I play for could be looking for new recruits but depends where you are coming from really, cos I doubt you'll be wanting to travel too far

Dont know if this is right place to post but im looking to join a sunday league team in the summer, does anyone know if any teams are on the look for players?

Use the search feature on the Leicestershire FA Website, they normally advertise if they need players on there.

http://www.leicestershirefa.com/GetIntoFootball/FindAClub/

Under-12's is this!? IF so that is disgusting. Something really needs to be done and the F.A need a new Respect campaign and stamp down on bad behaviour by parents and players as parents are far worse than players.

Was Under 14s, as outlined above.

Stewarding again up at Holmes Park.

U15 County cup final - St Andews 6 - 0 Marlborough - Marlborough, we suspect, let off the fire extinguisher at the end... Seems to be a regular occurance in sunday football now :rolleyes:

U14 County cup final - Whetstone 3 - 1 Woodgate

Stewarding again up at Holmes Park.

U15 County cup final - St Andews 6 - 0 Marlborough - Marlborough, we suspect, let off the fire extinguisher at the end... Seems to be a regular occurance in sunday football now :rolleyes:

U14 County cup final - Whetstone 3 - 1 Woodgate

:you're not wrong !! Nice to see woodgate lose ................... sorry,slipped out !! :whistle:

:you're not wrong !! Nice to see woodgate lose ................... sorry,slipped out !! :whistle:

Now thats not very nice!!

But it was a little rough justice on them. 6 pts deducted this season, 2 trashed dressing rooms and an abuse report later...

Gaffer for Quorn Under 11's next season.

1st season for them going 11 a-side which will be very tough, anyone involved with sides that age, let me know.

You probably know all this but a) work on fitness it's a massive step up from 7 to 11-a-side b) play as many friendlies/ tournemants you can to get to grips with your players and sort out formation etc. c) don't be to hard on the players they're there for a bit of fun so no point in making to to serious d) know what there favourite positions are and know what positions you need as soon as you can and finally e) don't put to much pressure on the players just tell them to go out there and have fun.

1st season for them going 11 a-side which will be very tough, anyone involved with sides that age, let me know.

Could you have chosen to play 9v9 ? At Harborough we went for 9-a-side. I'm sure either option has posotives/negatives. Good luck anyway

You probably know all this but a) work on fitness it's a massive step up from 7 to 11-a-side b) play as many friendlies/ tournemants you can to get to grips with your players and sort out formation etc. c) don't be to hard on the players they're there for a bit of fun so no point in making to to serious d) know what there favourite positions are and know what positions you need as soon as you can and finally e) don't put to much pressure on the players just tell them to go out there and have fun.

Yeah I've done it before, all covered cheers. Was more seeing if anyone had teams for friendlies, contacts etc.

Had the option of 9 a-side and was very tempting but deceided to get them straight into it at 11's less hassel with pitches, goals etc. and the quickerthey pick up full 11 a-side the better players they will be.

Now thats not very nice!!

But it was a little rough justice on them. 6 pts deducted this season, 2 trashed dressing rooms and an abuse report later...

Sounds like they're learning the hard way ! Let's hope they sort things out.

Could you have chosen to play 9v9 ? At Harborough we went for 9-a-side. I'm sure either option has posotives/negatives. Good luck anyway

I echoe this. Especially because the following year, when you're under 12s, you'll have to go back to 9v9.

As of 2012/2013 under 11s and under 12s will be 9 a side. Current under 11s are choosing to stay as 11v11 for 2011/2012 so that when they go to Under 13s they can continue as 11 a side. Current under 10s teams going into under 11s are advised to select 9v9 so it's two years at 9v9, as opposed to one year at 11v11, then 9v9, and then back to 11v11.

Source: http://www.clubnewsletter.co.uk/2011/feb/faproposals.html

I echoe this. Especially because the following year, when you're under 12s, you'll have to go back to 9v9.

As of 2012/2013 under 11s and under 12s will be 9 a side. Current under 11s are choosing to stay as 11v11 for 2011/2012 so that when they go to Under 13s they can continue as 11 a side. Current under 10s teams going into under 11s are advised to select 9v9 so it's two years at 9v9, as opposed to one year at 11v11, then 9v9, and then back to 11v11.

Source: http://www.clubnewsletter.co.uk/2011/feb/faproposals.html

Thanks for that,very interesting. Seems to be just a proposed idea but gets my vote :thumbup:

Didn't know where to put this, but a dilemma for our match this week, we only own one set of shorts, they're bloody yellow, didn't think anyone else would be wearing yellow shorts, but apparently they are. So, are two teams playing each other allowed to wear the same colour shorts? Is it purely down to how fussy the referee is or what?

9v9 is a joke. Get the kids into 11 a side asap.

Anyhow, Countryman Ressies v Thorpe Astley cup final at Barwell sunday 10-30.

Why is it a joke ? What's the point of having kids on full size pitches with full size goals ? Having scores of 15-9 should stay with rugby. I've watched kids on a full size pitch and it was just hoofball,and they were knackered.

Thanks for that,very interesting. Seems to be just a proposed idea but gets my vote :thumbup:

It'll get passed :thumbup:

Didn't know where to put this, but a dilemma for our match this week, we only own one set of shorts, they're bloody yellow, didn't think anyone else would be wearing yellow shorts, but apparently they are. So, are two teams playing each other allowed to wear the same colour shorts? Is it purely down to how fussy the referee is or what?

How many times do you see both sets of teams wearing white shorts? White is a very common colour for shorts. Shouldn't be a problem.

Archived