Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

MOST NEGATIVE PHRASE IN FOOTBALL

I think PT fears for his future at Palace as his chairman doesnt strike me as a patient man if things are going tats up. I think PT has started the excuses and that with all these players available that Palace would be fighting for promotion. The truth is that he has compiled an average side despite spending a few quid, most of the money gained for the selling of AJ. The £2.5m he spent on Kuqi was a huge waste of money and it seems that wherever he goes he will struggle as he couldnt pick a Ronaldinho out in a field of Elvis Hammonds!! (What a thought that is) :D

Wh o could on last night's showing?. :D:D:D

Don''t you think that is linked directly to RK 's public attitude, it was the same with Southend, he, with his negative utterings makes you feel like you've lost before you even kick off.

If people feel like we have already lost after that comment then they need to see a shrink about the manic depression they have.

If people feel like we have already lost after that comment then they need to see a shrink about the manic depression they have.

But come on Babylon, Kelly hardly does us any favours with his pre and post match analysis. Stating to the media that he was happy with a point at Southend when we were 30 seconds away from 3 points, is ludicrous. Enough reason to give the man the boot IMO.

Taken on it's own you may have a point but his incessant talking down of our chances contributes to the negative attitude of the crowd, you can feel it. This I believe transfers itself to the players when they enter the pitch so a lot of what he might have said directly to the players is counteracted.

I believe this also goes some way to explaining why we perform better against premier teams in the cup where he surprisingly adopts a more positive public approach.

Well it's a theory anyway :D

But come on Babylon, Kelly hardly does us any favours with his pre and post match analysis. Stating to the media that he was happy with a point at Southend when we were 30 seconds away from 3 points, is ludicrous. Enough reason to give the man the boot IMO.

I wouldn't quite go that far. We're gonna finish in mid-table mediocrity now, so a point away from home and two goals scored against a team that's scrapping for their lives isn't gonna make him suicidal is it? When he said he was "happy" he probably meant "not really arsed cos we're not playing for much."

I wouldn't quite go that far. We're gonna finish in mid-table mediocrity now, so a point away from home and two goals scored against a team that's scrapping for their lives isn't gonna make him suicidal is it? When he said he was "happy" he probably meant "not really arsed cos we're not playing for much."

And that is exactly the problem because we are playing for much.

Apart from the obvious need to be continually successful what about all the mugs who spent their hard earned money supporting the team.

It's frankly not good enough to be happy to get a point against the second bottom team on a 3 game losing streak.

Likewise before the Burnley game he was practically predicting defeat against a team that hadn't won for 11 games, OK, so we got lucky with the win but that doesn't justify his continuing negativity.

His 15 point target was virtually criminal!

Taken on it's own you may have a point but his incessant talking down of our chances contributes to the negative attitude of the crowd, you can feel it.

Anyone want to chip in for a copy for RK's birthday?

2.jpg

Guest Gist

And that is exactly the problem because we are playing for much.

b]Apart from the obvious need to be continually successful what about all the mugs who spent their hard earned money supporting the team.[/b]

It's frankly not good enough to be happy to get a point against the second bottom team on a 3 game losing streak.

Likewise before the Burnley game he was practically predicting defeat against a team that hadn't won for 11 games, OK, so we got lucky with the win but that doesn't justify his continuing negativity.

His 15 point target was virtually criminal!

Too right. :thumbup:

He isn't the man to take us forward and I'd like to see him out at the end of the season.

i remember people on here saying RK was being negative when he said we need 15 points to avoid relegation, everyone said he was demotivating the players. since then we've gone 6 games unbeaten.

why do people on here assume that he says the same thing to the players that he does to the press?

From his post match interview, I got the distinct impression that MM was less than impresssed with our performance and he didn't seem to be blaming the "lads" as he put it. I expect he will keep Kelly until the end of the season and bring in someone new to help with the purchases during the summer; all Kelly has to do is keep us in this division. So on that basis we might as well suck it up since nowt is going to change until then

Being fair to him he does have a lot of players out, even more reason to have a go at them.

Watch what happens to Maybury if he plays on Sat, you'll get a beautiful muscle caput

Too right. :thumbup:

He isn't the man to take us forward and I'd like to see him out at the end of the season.

I hope our recent revival wont cover the obvious cracks that we had earlier in the season. These ropey loan signings have assisted RK in doing well in recent games and he should be applauded for that but what we shouldnt do is think that he has cracked it and that he is the man for the job. We have some money to spend and need a new outlook and I am not that confident that RK is the man to take us onto that higher level (he nearly took us to a lower level!). Once again, we should thank RK for his efforts but he may be out of his depth to take us further and his lack of creativity in the transfer market is a worry as he doesnt seem able to bring anyone in apart from everyone elses crap whilst other clubs within this division continue to add more "impressive" players to there squads on loan (like Jeffers at Ipswich, Hendrie at Stoke and Lupoli at Derby)

What is the bloke supposed to say? He'd look a bloody sight more stupid if he said we are going to attack for 90 minutes and, lo and behold, the game doesn't turn out that way. There'd be plenty of armchair experts ready to jump on him then!!!! In fact, he'd look bloody stupid if he did say that anyway.

What is the bloke supposed to say? He'd look a bloody sight more stupid if he said we are going to attack for 90 minutes and, lo and behold, the game doesn't turn out that way. There'd be plenty of armchair experts ready to jump on him then!!!! In fact, he'd look bloody stupid if he did say that anyway.

I don't think you have to worry!. :D:D:D

Did anybody say go to the other extreme?

I'm not usually one to go over the top when football people speak to the media - 99% of the time it's just tired clichés and respectful phrases making sure they don't offend anyone else within the game. However, I've paid good money for my ticket and travel for this game and it'd be nice to hear a bit more of a war cry for once.

FFS... you'd think the game had been played and we'd already lost the way some people go on. Cheer up for gods sake.

Hallelujah.

This is just another 'Kelly Out' thread in another guise.

Thrac, Davieg, Ric Flair, JME, TPH et al - we know you don't like Kelly, but is it really necessary to bemoan every little thing about him? Anything he does will never be good enough for some people.

Hallelujah.

Thrac, Davieg, Ric Flair, JME, TPH et al - we know you don't like Kelly, but is it really necessary to bemoan every little thing about him? Anything he does will never be good enough for some people.

I'm actually not too fussed to see him carry on I'd just don't like his negative out pourings, or tactics. Better the devil you know is my current philosophy, doesn't mean I wont criticise him though and I really do believe he sets the wrong tone for the club, an which I think MM will give short shift to once he gets his feet firmly under the table.

Hallelujah.

Never one to let the facts get in the way of your argument are you.

It wasn't long ago I gave Kelly 9/10 for his for his days performance so I'll give praise where it's due and whether he stays or goes won't make any difference as far as praise/criticism is concerned.

Furthermore I've cautioned several times on here against changing the manager in mid-season and especially without having a demonstrably better ready made replacement.

But it's impossible to praise Kelly for long. Impossible not to be irritated by his team selections, his tactics his substitutions and, as pointed out here, his totally uninspiring "try to get something" quotes which, apart from anything else, will do nothing whatsoever to galvanise the fans.

But that's simply my point of view.

If his comments, his football, his tactics and everything else about his approach excites you and convinces you our team is about to start scaling the heights why be selfish...

Why not share the reasons with the rest of us so we too can be enlightened and gain some understanding of what it is we are somehow missing because of our supposed, though probably ficticious, dislike of the bloke.

I'm actually not too fussed to see him carry on I'd just don't like his negative out pourings, or tactics. Better the devil you know is my current philosophy, doesn't mean I wont criticise him though and I really do believe he sets the wrong tone for the club, an which I think MM will give short shift to once he gets his feet firmly under the table.

The problem here, DavieG, is that Thracian has pulled one sentence from the whole interview. Standing alone it can be made to sound negative. I can't see where Kelly is being negative when you read it the entire piece. A phrase out of context is a pretext. And Thracian has done this to suit his own view.

The problem here, DavieG, is that Thracian has pulled one sentence from the whole interview. Standing alone it can be made to sound negative. I can't see where Kelly is being negative when you read it the entire piece. A phrase out of context is a pretext. And Thracian has done this to suit his own view.

I pulled the phrase out because I remembered an almost identical quote from Graydon. We then went down to Ipswich with no apparent intention of doing anything but play for a draw. We barely mustered an attack worth speaking of and lost 2-0.

That was my point and it has nothing to do with Anish's contention that I somehow don't like Kelly or am contriving a Kelly Out campaign.

If the truth be told I would far rather Kelly see the bigger picture and stop being so overwhelmingly cautious because I think football is full of so many clones - who have probably been on exactly the same courses - whose approach is almost exactly the same and I cannot see the point in simply changing like for like.

Archived