Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

MOST NEGATIVE PHRASE IN FOOTBALL

Kelly on the OS about the trip to Palace: "We will be doing everything we can to prepare ourselves to try and get something down there."

That's coachespeak for a draw will do. I remember Graydon coming out with a similar remark before we lost at Ipswich last season with barely a whisper.

It is the sort of comment that irritates me more than any other in the game.

Kelly on the OS about the trip to Palace: "We will be doing everything we can to prepare ourselves to try and get something down there."

That's coachespeak for a draw will do. I remember Graydon coming out with a similar remark before we lost at Ipswich last season with barely a whisper.

I've become numb to the tripe Kelly comes out with, it's just the same for every away game!!!

There is also the classic "Micky Adams is convinced that any Micky Adams team will be working hard on the training ground to put things right, keep the faith !" - Good old MA after what seemed like every match towards the end of his era.

Used to get up my nose, I know that.

This has a defeat written all over it. We haven't actually improved since last season.

We have been on a few undefeated runs for 6-7 games but there is always a couple of games towards the end of the run that show our luck is running out and a defeat or two are on the cards.

Earlier in the season I remember going down to QPR and we got a point to keep an unbeaten run going in the league and then we won at home to Stoke but there were signs that our luck was running thin and low and behold we then lost about 5 games on the spin soon after.

It's games like this saturday that show Kelly for what he is, a middle of the road coach and manager. Any manager worth his corn, would realise what's been happening in the past few games and be thankful we've still picked up points but be under no illusion that it will continue unless we start to play effective football.

We were good in the first half against Coventry and then were absolutely garbage in the second half, evidence Kelly is hardly inspiring during half time talks.

We were horrific against Burnley and managed to battle out a lucky win, we'll take it but very few positives should be taken or used by the manager.

I thought we battled well against West Brom and did play some reasonably good football at times, but still showed plenty of cause for concern in midfield.

Southend was a similar story to the Ipswich and Cov games. Very good in the first half and then switch off in the second after taking the lead and allow teams to take it to us.

It's geared up for Palace to do us over comfortably. If they score the first goal then I can see it being exactly that. If we manage to take the lead early like we have been doing recently then we might stand a chance of battling out a standard Kelly/Leicester exstravaganzer. I can't remember the last time we properly killed a team off when we've got the upper hand, even against Coventry we put them on their arse and instead of humiliating them, we just allowed them to have a go at us in the second half with the knowledge it would take a freak incident for them to get anything out of the game, shocking tactics though.

I've had enough of it. Kelly...........................off you go.

I do wonder if RK's weekly homage to the impending opponents might give our boys an inferiority complex. Of course none of us know what goes on in the dressing room, but if I were a manager, I'd be doing all I can to get this message over to my players:

"If you play good, aggressive high tempo football to the best of your ability, then we are a better team than them, and we will win "

I'd want my players to cross the line with loads of self belief, loads of confidence, but no conceit. Quite clearly every player will have to work extremely hard to outperform his direct opponent.

But have belief. If the players show belief then the crowd, home or away, will recognise that belief and urge the players to greater heights. It's a virtuous circle.

This has a defeat written all over it. We haven't actually improved since last season.

We have been on a few undefeated runs for 6-7 games but there is always a couple of games towards the end of the run that show our luck is running out and a defeat or two are on the cards.

Earlier in the season I remember going down to QPR and we got a point to keep an unbeaten run going in the league and then we won at home to Stoke but there were signs that our luck was running thin and low and behold we then lost about 5 games on the spin soon after.

It's games like this saturday that show Kelly for what he is, a middle of the road coach and manager. Any manager worth his corn, would realise what's been happening in the past few games and be thankful we've still picked up points but be under no illusion that it will continue unless we start to play effective football.

We were good in the first half against Coventry and then were absolutely garbage in the second half, evidence Kelly is hardly inspiring during half time talks.

We were horrific against Burnley and managed to battle out a lucky win, we'll take it but very few positives should be taken or used by the manager.

I thought we battled well against West Brom and did play some reasonably good football at times, but still showed plenty of cause for concern in midfield.

Southend was a similar story to the Ipswich and Cov games. Very good in the first half and then switch off in the second after taking the lead and allow teams to take it to us.

It's geared up for Palace to do us over comfortably. If they score the first goal then I can see it being exactly that. If we manage to take the lead early like we have been doing recently then we might stand a chance of battling out a standard Kelly/Leicester exstravaganzer. I can't remember the last time we properly killed a team off when we've got the upper hand, even against Coventry we put them on their arse and instead of humiliating them, we just allowed them to have a go at us in the second half with the knowledge it would take a freak incident for them to get anything out of the game, shocking tactics though.

I've had enough of it. Kelly...........................off you go.

This sort of thing happens to the best ; Man Utd were 3 up on Reading after five minutes and still nearly managed to lose it .

Kelly has got to do what he thinks is right to get positive results in the short term to build up confidence within the team to start being more adventurous .

Confidence is a precious commodity within a team and is not gained easily but lost very easily if things go wrong, and good results are usually the best way of building confidence

I say give him a chance. We have nothing to lose or gain this season really, so lets see what he can do now the pressures off a little , lets get some good results so opposing teams start to respect and fear us . If this sounds negative i'm sorry but we really should be giving him and the team a lift right now to maintain the momentum and hopefully achieve something next season

I wouldn't mind but he says something like this every time we play away and it's not as if Palace are a paticularly good side. Taylors ****ed them up Royaly.

Taylors ****ed them up Royaly.

Surely Taylor would never do that to anyone?!? :ph34r::o:P

I don't think we're likely to get anything from this game if Kelly goes out and tries to implement our specific away day strategy of soaking up pressure and hoping to nick one on the counter. We weren't great at Southend, and can count ourselves lucky in the second half not to have thrown the game away at times.

I wouldnt worry what the manager says as its got to the stage where they all speak the same language of "covering all bases". Ive personally come to expect that managers in English football have to say that the right things so that they dont upset anyone or even get fined from the FA. Some of the stuff spouted by managers managing there clubs abroad are more acurate and honest than our managers come out with over here.

My fav comment from recent times was an interview by Rafa Benitez when Chelski played them last season I think it was and Robben went on a diving mission. When the post-match reporter started to ask him questions, Raf interupted sarcastically saying "I must go and check Robben who must be in hospital", taking the mick that he had hurt himself when he obviously wasnt hurt, just diving like he had been shot! Wenger comes out with his continued over protective tosh and Mourinho is arguably the most honest but cant help himself but to take things to an unneccasary level at times.

RK just spouts the same old crap and Im suprised he hasnt said that we will be trying doubly hard in training to get ready for Saturday, and that "we will leave no stone unturned in bringing in a new player". Thats classic Kelly! :D

I wouldnt worry what the manager says as its got to the stage where they all speak the same language of "covering all bases". Ive personally come to expect that managers in English football have to say that the right things so that they dont upset anyone or even get fined from the FA. Some of the stuff spouted by managers managing there clubs abroad are more acurate and honest than our managers come out with over here.

My fav comment from recent times was an interview by Rafa Benitez when Chelski played them last season I think it was and Robben went on a diving mission. When the post-match reporter started to ask him questions, Raf interupted sarcastically saying "I must go and check Robben who must be in hospital", taking the mick that he had hurt himself when he obviously wasnt hurt, just diving like he had been shot! Wenger comes out with his continued over protective tosh and Mourinho is arguably the most honest but cant help himself but to take things to an unneccasary level at times.

RK just spouts the same old crap and Im suprised he hasnt said that we will be trying doubly hard in training to get ready for Saturday, and that "we will leave no stone unturned in bringing in a new player". Thats classic Kelly! :D

This is the root of our problem, we found all our players under stones. Of course they're shit.

FFS... you'd think the game had been played and we'd already lost the way some people go on. Cheer up for gods sake.

too right :thumbup: this seems to be an all too common attitude at the moment; if we were told a month or so back we would be in such a healthy position as we are now we would have been delighted .

I say give him a chance. We have nothing to lose or gain this season really, so lets see what he can do now the pressures off a little , lets get some good results so opposing teams start to respect and fear us . If this sounds negative i'm sorry but we really should be giving him and the team a lift right now to maintain the momentum and hopefully achieve something next season

He had that opportunity at the end of last season but as soon as we were safe we were an awful losing side again.

FFS... you'd think the game had been played and we'd already lost the way some people go on. Cheer up for gods sake.

Don''t you think that is linked directly to RK 's public attitude, it was the same with Southend, he, with his negative utterings makes you feel like you've lost before you even kick off.

Godammit, yes people! Redouble your efforts lest ye forget that we are where we are. :P

give the man credit he said we need 15 points from 15 games (or whatever number it was) and he will damn well make sure that is what we'll get (not a point more not a point less)

Spot on! Whatever RK says in public is one thing but Im sure we will be going into Saturdays game trying for a win. The fact that we have scored in each of our last ten games and scored at least twice in 5 of our last 8 is a sign that we are hardly turning up with the emphasis on nicking a 0-0. Im sure RK will be telling the lads that we can win but we mustnt go to far from the fact that we have a more solid looking team with settled central-defenders, that we have what can only be described as a hard-working central-midfield in Jarrett and AJ and have an old-school style striker in the Horse who will battle without to much skill. We hopefully are hard to beat if not easy on the eye at the moment.

Anyway, we, I am sure will be starting the game hopeful of a win and I`ll be there cheering the lads on to get that win at Palace!

I don't really care what he says or how shit we play aslong as we get points on board.

At the minute its not about fancy football its about avoiding relegation.

I'll reserve judgment for next season when we get a bit more quality in and then see how we play or what we achieve.

I don't really care what he says or how shit we play aslong as we get points on board.

At the minute its not about fancy football its about avoiding relegation.

I'll reserve judgment for next season when we get a bit more quality in and then see how we play or what we achieve.

Relegation is avoided now and RK should start the planning for next season now and not wait for the summer. He should use the rest of this season to look at some of the academy kids and bring in loan signings who will be Bosmans in the summer or at the very least players who will be available for transfer in the summer. Get them in, have a look and make a decision on them!

I hope that the likes of Yeates, Horsfield and Cadamateri arent part of our long term future. Or are they??!!

Being fair to him he does have a lot of players out, even more reason to have a go at them.

I think PT fears for his future at Palace as his chairman doesnt strike me as a patient man if things are going tats up. I think PT has started the excuses and that with all these players available that Palace would be fighting for promotion. The truth is that he has compiled an average side despite spending a few quid, most of the money gained for the selling of AJ. The £2.5m he spent on Kuqi was a huge waste of money and it seems that wherever he goes he will struggle as he couldnt pick a Ronaldinho out in a field of Elvis Hammonds!! (What a thought that is) :D

Archived