Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lets Be having You

cov scum

US group eyeing Coventry takeover

Coventry are £28m in debt

Coventry have revealed they are in talks with an American consortium about a possible takeover.

The Sky Blues have announced they have signed "non-binding heads of agreement" with Manhattan Sports Capital Partners.

The group are in the early stages of due diligence, but the club said "it will not be possible for some time to be sure if the deal will go ahead".

City are hoping any takeover will eliminate their £28m debt and provide transfer funds for boss Iain Dowie.

A club statement said: "We hope the deal goes ahead.

"Meanwhile, we have made it clear to the Manhattan group that any new arrangements for the club must involve substantial investment in improving and strengthening the squad to achieve the club's Premiership ambitions."

Gary Hopkins, who is heading the Manhatten group's bid, told the Coventry Telegraph: "We are on a very critical path to make this happen.

"We are not delving right down into finances just yet but what we will come back with in about four to five weeks is what we believe is a rational, sensible plan for our own investment in the club.

"And if the parties all agree, we will come together and at that stage disclose what the investment will be.

"But clearly it is big solution. Clearly it is not a few million pounds."

General Sport. Surely? :ph34r:

As for the takeover... do you think this American firm is the secret American bidder we had? :P;):mellow:

Yes Mr Picky.

It could well be,couldnt get there first target so have to set there sights lower.

Posted by Adumas on another forum:

a quick google shows that your two 'saviours' work for Alterity Partners, who "...help clients develop and execute value creation strategies, including raising capital, company sales, divestitures, acquisitions, equity and debt offerings, recapitalizations and other strategic transactions." yep - that is exactly who i would want owning my football club as well. after all, their key components include:

"

- Assessing and building consensus among shareholders and management in analyzing strategic alternatives and setting objectives. This important step is completed before the transaction begins

-Assessing industry characteristics, company strategy, and competitive dynamics

-Setting value expectations based on the company's performance and driving factors in the industry

-Developing the optimal "story" that positions the company to maximize its value

-Crafting comprehensive marketing materials to educate strategic buyers on why and how the opportunity fits into their strategic plan

-Searching worldwide for the best investor base or strategic acquiror

-Evaluating many potential candidates and proceeding with only the most qualified buyers and investors, thereby minimizing management distraction

-Negotiating and structuring the transaction to achieve shareholders' and management's objectives

-Maximizing confidentiality through staged disclosure of information and relentlessly managing the process to its successful closing "

shyte on a stick, its a marriage made in heaven. incidentally, a google search for "Manhattan Sports Capital Partners" returns zero results.

at least we know what mandarics ambition is for the club. you're pinning your hopes on someone who loved Cov so much he couldn't wait to get away, and has stayed away for "20 years".

nice.

just one last nugget for ya.... "We strive to sell businesses to strategic buyers who can afford to pay premium prices". maybe you should email him and ask how much he plans to make from your tinpot outfit ([email protected]) ! or are they in it for the love of cov?

Aren't they all like flies around the jampot.

Well I'll say this here and now cos I've seen it before.

When Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all starts belatedly ploughing into a golden opportunity someone gets badly hurt and I just hope it isn't football.

I can see a lot of these deals ending in tears for one simple reason...

If there's only three promotion places there's going to be a lot of big spenders who won't be going up.

Having seen Icelandic Eggert wincing so much down West Ham way after so few weeks in control can you imagine what he'll be like if he doesn't fight clear of the Championship next season?

Oh what a lovely war it will be.

And afterwards, just time to bury the financially dead..

Well I'll say this here and now cos I've seen if before.

When Uncle Tom Cobleigh and all starts belatedly ploughing into a golden opportunity someone gets badly hurt and I just hope it isn't football.

If there's only three promotion places there's going to be a lot of big spenders who won't be going up.

Having seen Icelandic Eggert wincing so much down West Ham way after so few weeks in control can you imagine what he'll be like if he doesn't fight clear of the Championship next season?

Time to make sure that all the tools in the City toolbox are razor sharp. ;):thumbup:

Well I'll say this here and now cos I've seen if before.

Yes we may well see the end of a few famous clubs, i would imagne it would take something like this for the govering body's to actually introduce somthing simple, like a salary cap.

This is just the start...any team that can attract 25,000 people with a reasonable chance of promotion is going to be attractive for investment.

What concerns me is that only a few are going to get into the Prem before the £30million p/a slams the door on the rest...then where will they be? Where will the Championship be?

As much as I want to see us play in the top flight I am concerned over what it means for the future of the game.

What if we don't make the cut? What then...clubs are going to be saddled with the debt of trying to get into the top flight...and average players on decent wages too.

There's no turning back now, it's going to be interesting, but for anyone thinking that football has sold its soul already ~ I don't reckon we've seen the half of it yet.

This is just the start...any team that can attract 25,000 people with a reasonable chance of promotion is going to be attractive for investment.

What concerns me is that only a few are going to get into the Prem before the £30million p/a slams the door on the rest...then where will they be? Where will the Championship be?

As much as I want to see us play in the top flight I am concerned over what it means for the future of the game.

What if we don't make the cut? What then...clubs are going to be saddled with the debt of trying to get into the top flight...and average players on decent wages too.

There's no turning back now, it's going to be interesting, but for anyone thinking that football has sold its soul already ~ I don't reckon we've seen the half of it yet.

The Championship will be fine with all these better quality teams getting relegated and more money ploughed into it. Maybe we will have a Premier 1 and 2 in the future with more TV revenue, who knows?? One thing seems almsot certain to happen is that the dream of a non-league or D2 club coming through the divisions like Wimbledon did all those years ago and Fulham and Wigan more recently may very rarely happen again.

The Championship will be fine...

I wish I had your confidence.

Many (many) years ago, for English, I studied Great Expectations, The Great Gatsby and another one I fail to recollect; the theme threading through all of the books was that money is the root of all evil.

Money has corrupted the game, and these further obscene sums will simply serve to corrupt it further.

Many (many) years ago, for English, I studied Great Expectations, The Great Gatsby and another one I fail to recollect; the theme threading through all of the books was that money is the root of all evil.

Money has corrupted the game, and these further obscene sums will simply serve to corrupt it further.

Fully agree, you just need to imagine what's happening out of the sight of the public eye :o:dunno::o

Was it this un Dave?

tgff.jpg

Well to me it sounds like another stupid American with more money than sense. If the yanks knew anything about ‘Soccer’ then they would realise buying Coventry is like wiping your arse with £2.8 million worth of £10 notes. Idiots

Well to me it sounds like another stupid American with more money than sense. If the yanks knew anything about 'Soccer' then they would realise buying Coventry is like wiping your arse with £2.8 million worth of £10 notes. Idiots

At that rate it'll take them a long time to spend it, I'm sure there must be some mileage in being flush or not in there as well. :P

Archived