Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

Player Ratings

Henderson - 6

Maybury - 5

Kisnorbo - 7

McAuley - 7

Johansson - 5

Newton - 5

Jarrett - 6

Hughes - 5

Porter - 5

Horsfield - 5

Hume - 8*

Hammond - 4

Kelly - 1 (tactically inept as ever!)

Henderson 6

Maybury 5

Kisnorbo 6

McAuley 6

Nisse 6

Newton 6

Hughes 5

Jarret 5

Porter 6

Hume 7

Horsfield 3

Subs: Hammond 5

Henderson - 6 (Didn't have much to do but still rightfully our No.1 Keeper)

Maybury - 4 (Not impressed, very rarely am!)

Kisnorbo - 6 (Solid in the air as always, never looked too troubled)

Mcauley - 6 (Solid again, loved his couple of surging runs forward)

Nils - 6 (Slow but solid defensively and actually overlapped Porter but crosses were shite!)

Newton - 6 (Good debut, hopefully can build on it and become more attacking treat)

Jarret - 7 (Worked socks off which makes up for his lack of actual ability)

Hughes - 3 (Drop him!! Sub him!! Anything!! Was useless in his preferred position, no excuses!!)

Porter - 8 (Great work rate and has actual ability, very impressed! Should have scored though!)

Horsfield - 3 (Waste of space upfront, didn't do his job of holding up ball or winning headers)

Huuuuuuuume - 8 (MOTD) (Work rate flawless, yes he hasn't scored many but would always have him team)

Subs -

Hammond - 5 (Did ok, nothing special)

Rob Kelly - 5 - (Terrible 1st half - actually thought he tried to get them playing football 2nd half though)

Henderson 5

Maybury 4

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 6

Johansson 5

Porter 6

Hughes 5

Jarrett 5

Newton 5

Horsfield 1

Hume 7

Hammond 6

Henderson 6 (My initial reaction was that he was harshly penalised for the free kick which led to the goal but the referee indicated he was booked for leading with his knee and the opponent was clearly injured so you have to believe that the referee was right. In which case an error of judgement was costly.)

Maybury 6 (Wasted far too many passes but otherwise was simply competent rather than especially effective).

McAuley 7.5 (Dominated in the air to the point where Leeds had very few chances and seemed to totally lack ambition in the second half)

Kisnorbo 6.5 (Comfortable and never under a great deal of pressure).

Nils 6.5 (Solid enough. His overlap was a collectors item. Tried to support Porter but is clearly not a natural attacker).

Newton 7 (Decent debut if a bit patchy. His one touch passing was a joy at times giving the receiver of his passes vital time. Kept his width and looks like a genuine footballer even if he has slipped below Premiership pace)

Hughes 6.5 (Better second half. Definitely an improvement in central midfield on Johnson and it showed in so many ways. He even tried to support the forwards, particularly when Hammond came on but lacks belief when shooting- seeming always to be concerned about the expected challenge).

Jarrett 5.5 (Better towards the end but just lacks sufficient accuracy and impact for me).

Porter 7.25 (Another excellent assist. Two goalbound shots brilliantly blocked. There was always a buzz when he got the ball because you always felt that something could happen. Leeds worked hard to subdue him but so much of Leicester's best work involved him. Needs to hit his free kicks with more pace and to pass more balls into the box rather than use too many attempted crosses).

Hume 7.5 (Another vital goal took his tally to 11. Worked industriously and, like Nils, seemed to have a good understanding with Levi and often tried to use him as an outlet.)

Horsfield 3 (Just a waste of space. I've no idea why he was selected ahead of Hammond).

Sub: Hammond 7 (City looked far more of a threat when he arrived. Only a hairline decision robbed him of a one-on-one with their goalkeeper, he linked well with Newton, Hume and Porter and created havoc and more options for everyone.)

Kelly 7 (Difficult game for him. But, Horsfield and Jarrett excepted, the team was our best balanced yet under his watch and, although we started too cautiously and rarely threatened until they scored, the remainder of the match was quite enjoyable with City clearly on top if still failing to get sufficient numbers into the box when attacking. His one substitution had purpose and improved the flow of the side. Collected another important point and defensively we limited Leeds to crumbs.)

Entertainment value 6.5 (Apart from the first 25 minutes or so this was one of the better games to watch under Kelly)

Jarrett 5.5 (Better towards the end but just lacks sufficient accuracy and impact for me).

Porter 7.25 (Another excellent assist. Two goalbound shots brilliantly blocked. There was always a buzz when he got the ball because you always felt that something could happen. Leeds worked hard to subdue him but so much of Leicester's best work involved him. Needs to hit his free kicks with more pace and to pass more balls into the box rather than use too many attempted crosses).

DISCREDITED!

Henderson 6

Solid in all that he did, a couple of shots that a poorer keeper could have easily spilled. Unlucky to be booked.

Maybury 6

Okay as usual. Wish we would use these remainign fixtures to try and get the best out of Stearman so he goes into the next season ona high.

Kisnorbo 8

Too good for us but if he wants to be the premeir player he should be should stop luming the ball when he has got time to bring it down.

McAuley 7

Solid as usual, won most stuff in the air and good distribution

Nils 6

If he could cross the ball he'd be a bloody good full back

Newton 7

Looked to move the ball about and actually find a man rather than drifting it aimlessly into the box. A few nice touches aswell. Will be interestin to see how he improves as match fitness returns, think he could be wortha gmble for next year.

Hughes 6

I thought he had a fantastic attitude today, real box to box performance. Defended well and got into good attacking situations. Its a pity it is becomign clear he does not have the quality required, as shown by his three bad volleys from the edge of the area.

Jarrett 5

Nice attitude but not very good.

Porter 5

Yes made and assist but hit the first man with most of his crosses and rarely looked like beating his full back. Should keep well clear of the set pieces.

Horsefiled 4

Complete non-entity. Only mitigating circumstance was he was being fouled all match.

Hume 7

Typical Humey performance. Has to be player of the season.

Hammond 6

Was a greater threat than Horseface but infuriating at the same time, why always offside? Brainless.

I'm getting a bit worried with my high rating for Porter, I thought he was our only attacking threat from midfield and worked his socks off. BUT everyone is giving him low ratings and saying he was average at best!

Although some of you have said Hughes had a good game so some of you must have been watching a different match!!

I'm glad were all agreed on the Horse though!

Hendo 6

Maybury 5 (Erratic long balls too often)

Kisnorbo 6

McAuley 6

Nisse 5 (Perhaps shouldn't venture forward)

Newton 6 (Neat and tidy, didn't see much of the ball though)

Hughes 3 (Tried when he wanted)

Jarrett 5.5 (So sloppy at times but drove forward on occasions with some quality)

Porter 5 (Delivery must improve)

Horsfield 2 (No positive contribution, basically did **** all)

Hume 5.5 (Got the goal, ran hard, but never plays to the whistle which is highly annoying)

Hammond 4 (Started promisingly but his touch of an elephant will inevitably mean he will never be a good player)

Kelly 2 (Give him credit for EVENTUALLY ditching the horse but there seem a lack of drive and encouragement from the technical area.)

Henderson - 6 Didn't have alot to do

Maybury - 6 Solid defending awful passing

Kisnorbo - 7 Good as ever

McAuley - 7 Solid

Johansson - 6 Didn't do anything wrong

Newton - 6.5 Not a bad debut had some nice touches

Jarrett - 6 Did alright made himself busy

Hughes - 6 Thought he was better than usual

Porter - 7 Get skill for the goal, looked the place creation would come from.

Horsfield - 5 Not in it at all, poor

Hume - 8 Best he had played in months, still goes into places he doesn't need to though. Like to see him on the wing

Hammond - 2 He's rubbish, It really is that simple Fast with nothing else. People talk about him working hard but there was one point where he was 10 yards from the ball and he stood and watched while hume ran 60 yards to charge a ball down, Get Rid, Anyone who thinks he's good enough needs is in a dream world..

Henderson 7 (not many saves, but good on crosses)

Maybury 5

Kisnorbo 7

McAuley 7

Johansson 7 (think he's got better over the last few months)

Newton 6.5 (drifted in too much, but played some proper through balls that I can do on Pro Evo, but we never normally do!)

Hughes 6 (OK, his 2 shots were atrocious, but he wasn't that bad. put himself about a bit more than normal as well)

Jarrett 8* (I slated him before, saying he was the new Junior Lewis, but after a dodgy start he became our best player)

Porter 6.5 (like Newton he doesn't take his man enough, poor set pieces as well, but is still our main threat)

Hume 7 (always thought he was the new Dickov, but though better on the ball, he doesn't score enough. Needs a goalscorer to play with him)

Horsefield 5 (all these 1s etc are a bit harsh, but he also needs to play with a natural scorer)

Hammond 6 (did OK when he came on)

Henderson 6 - Didn't have that much to do. Some wafty kicking still going on. My initial reactions were it was a harsh booking, but i'll check the replay of it. Kisnorbo and McAuley hardly helped proceedings with their dithering about whether to clear it or not.

Maybury 4 - **** off. What annoys me about Maybury is, he has got the ability to be a solid right back at this level. He's a seasoned pro with International experience, yet he rarely shows it for Leicester. If we get any monetry offer for him in the summer then taddah Alan. Shameful. Took on Stearman's role of useless long balls up pitch.

Kisnorbo 6 - Dealt with their strikers fairly well, lots of long balls coming in to our defence. But Kisnorbo thought he'd give them a taste of their own medicine aswell and hoofed it up to their defence when he won the ball. Silly.

McAuley 7 - More composed on the ball than Kisnorbo last night. Still tries his best not to hoof the ball unless under severe danger. Sadly he's the only player in our back 4 that has this ethic. Solid.

Nisse 5 - Crap game for Nils, didn't help Porter with his passing and crossing was atrocious. Defended ok, but again he hoofs the ball when he doesn't need to and was far too slow to release the ball to Porter when we were on the counter attack.

Newton 7 - Didn't get the ball as much as he should have, but when he did he looked direct. He's also very, very quick and could be good at this level. Much better than the majority of guff i've seen on our right wing this season, if not the best.

Hughes 5 - Poor game from Hughes. Bad passing and I can't believe the amount of times he doesn't react when a ball that's been hoofed in the air and get's knocked down towards him. It happened about a dozen times last night and it's ridiculous. Good take down for that chance in the second half though, shame he didn't bury it.

Jarrett 6 - Slightly better than Hughes, but his passing was pretty shaky at times. More energy than Hughes and battles well. Not worth a permanent deal though.

Porter 7 - Weird game for Porter. I'd say it was one of his iffy games for us, but he still provided the cross for the goal and he was our main attacking midfielder. His crossing needs work on, as does his decisions as soon as he get's the ball. He seems to need a few seconds to decide what to do ala Jordan Stewart. If he can be convinced to attack as soon as he gets the ball with space in front of him then there's potential there for him to be a decent player, possibly a very good player. I rate him, but he's got to improve.

Hume 8 - Fairly quiet first half and then second half he was everywhere. He's back to his best and anyone who doesn't think he's quality at this level needs their heads testing. I've read recently that he's not even good enough for the Championship on some forums, ridiculous. Another that needs a good manager and coach to move him on another level. The only player i'd be totally gutted about losing.

Horsfield 3 - Pony.

Sub:

Elvis 6 - Caused panic in the Leeds defence, until they realised there was no need to panic. Unlucky with a few off-side decisions.

Henderson - 7 - Did as required

Maybury - 7 - Defended fairly well, got forward on the overlap

Kisnorbo - 7 - Controlled defending from him again

McAuley - 7 - Another reliable performance from him

Johansson - 7 - Would have been higher but for his crossing. Defensively, he was on top of his game and the best defender on the pitch. Got forward to support the play as well, just couldn't cross.

Newton - 6.5 - Started rubbish, looked half decent by the end when Elvis was playing giving him more options.

Jarrett - 6 - Worked hard, but sadly doesn't have enough quality

Hughes - 6 - Likewise as above. Even saw him put some great tackles in but just doesn't seem to have enough about him as a player

Porter - 6.5 - He always provides an outlet on the left and is effective but sadly he needs to learn to hide his limitations better

Hume - 6.5 - Grafted as always, got a goal but just feel that he doesn't get into enough effective positions to hurt the opposition. Maybe being a bit harsh because he doesn't always get the support he needs, but other than the goal, I can't think of another time he was a major threat to the Leeds defence.

Horsfield - 2 - His strengths are heading and holding the ball up. He couldn't do either last night. Might as well not have been on the pitch. A very disappointing performance. Shouldn't have come out for the second half.

Subs

Hammond - 7 - Looked good when he came on and linked up well with Newton down the right for some good moves. His pace cause Leeds some problems and with him on, we looked more likely to get round the back of the Leeds defence. Possibly one of the most frustrating players to watch though.

Overall - We dominated the second half but without really creating clearcut chances or having that attacking edge. That to me is disappointing as Leeds were there for the taking. For that you have to look at the midfield for me, who although they worked hard continuously throughout the night and were clearly on top in the second half (if not the first), never looked like having that bit extra to cause some damage.

Henderson 7 - No dodgy kicks of memory and some good takes, no chance with the goal as he was unsighted.

Maybury 5 - Feared for him every time Leeds attacked down his side, passing was poor.

Kisnorbo 7 - Decent display again at the back, never looked troubled.

Mcauley 7 - Again dominant in the air and did the simple thing, also held onto the ball well in forward situations.

Johansson 5 - Atrocious first half passing and general forward play, solid enough at the back but learn the basics. Bit better 2nd half as he went forward to support Porter but delivery was poor.

Newton 7 - Good work rate to chase lost causes and overhit passes (looks like he'll have to get used to that!) but rarely got to the byline to deliver, still good use of the ball in possession.

Jarrett 6 - Some timely tackles and blocks but this guys passing leaves a lot to be desired.

Hughes 5 - Awful first half, missed a lot of decent opportunities and rarely contributed in midfield, also I noticed whenever we had the ball on the break out wide, Hughes should be breaking his neck to get into the box, not just jogging leisurely on the halfway line, that really annoyed me, looks lazy and disinterested.

Porter 6 - Looks bright but rarely delivered a decent ball in aside from the goal, and even then Hume had to have it deflect to go in, certainly didnt live up to all the hype on here about him.

Hume 7 - Bit of a quiet first half but with that midfield behind him it was understandable, fantastic in the air in the second half and some of the first and work rate was first class.

Horsefield 2 - Absolute garbage, was a yard or two short to every flick on Hume won and apart from one run in the first half to close down (which probably knackered him out for the rest of the game) was non existant, a massive disappointment.

Subs

Hammond 5 - Although worrying the leeds defence on occasions this lad still doesnt strike me as having a footballing brain or the common sense to stay in a straight line.

As a Fox living just outside Leeds, here are the ratings/comments from tonight'a Yorkshire Evening Post

Henderson 6 (not tested enough)

Maybury 6 (defended sensibly)

Kisnorbo 6 (steady throughout)

Macauley 5 (uncertain)

Johansson 5 (poor passing)

Newton 6 (can play better)

Jarrett 5 (mediocre)

Hughes 5 (no confidence)

Porter 7 (only threat)

Horsfield 5 (tightly marked)

Hume 6 (always wanted the ball)

Hammond 6

Henderson - 6

Maybury - 6

McAuley - 6

Kisnorbo - 7

Nils - 5 - Crossing poor, far to slow.

Newton - 6

Hughes - 4

Jarret - 6

Porter - 6

Hume - 6

Horse - 5

Hammond - 6 - Played well in my opinion. Just didn't find the right passes.

Archived