Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ed 1

Players-Incoming & Outgoing for the Close Season

Paper talk, he's "considering his future."

As a result, Holloways been moaning about bosmans all week.

Do we really want Capaldi though... I would have thought about getting some bigger players in. I suppose he could improve on the squad we currently have... thats not hard though...

Do we really want Capaldi though... I would have thought about getting some bigger players in. I suppose he could improve on the squad we currently have... thats not hard though...

What like Giggs or Rosicky?

Be realistic mate!

Capaldi is far better than any of the other shite hawks we currently have!

Like who, if we can get a player like Capaldi in on a free it should be done. He would give us a different option at Left back (one that can actually attack)

But Leicester City managers don't like signing good players.

I'd take Capaldi but nobody here would snap him up.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Stoke though, with Tony Pulis being at Plymouth last season and TP actually being aware of the availability of good players

Heres a new one - Robbie Simpson

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.a...3A06%3A56%3A240

NORWICH City are one of three Championship clubs running the rule over Cambridge United striker Robbie Simpson.

The 22-year-old has hit 13 goals in his last 14 matches for the Nationwide Conference outfit alerting the likes of Ipswich Town and Leicester City along with Canaries manager Peter Grant.

United manager Jimmy Quinn is not surprised in the level of interest in his young striker but said he is determined to keep his prized asset at the Abbey.

Quinn realizes that if Cambridge are relegated from the Conference then he faces a real battle to fend off interest from other clubs. But Quinn believes it is vital for Simpson to stay at the club in order for his career to progress.

He said: “Any young player that's in the form Robbie is in is going to attract interest, but we don't want to lose him.

“He'd be better off playing for Cambridge in the Conference, hopefully with a bit of success, rather than in someone's reserves for a Championship club.

“I think it's vital for Robbie's experience and development that he has another season with us and, with a bit of success, it could be the making of him.

“If he goes to the wrong club, it could set him back, but if he does leave he should be thinking about going to the Championship because he is that good.â€

Simpson is on the verge of completing a three-year degree at Loughborough University and Quinn hopes on completion of his studies that he will see that staying with Cambridge is in his best interests.

“Robbie isn't only a terrific player, but he's a nice person to work with and he's in my plans to take this club forward,†said Quinn. “He knows what I'm all about now and what I want to do next season.â€

I read somewhere that Mandaric was close to signing Lewis McGugan from Forest for us not long after he took over, but we couldn't agree a compensation package with Forest. He's meant to be the next big thing from Forest's academy. Anyone else heard that? Apparently we are still very much interested in getting him this summer.

DAILY EXPRESS SAYS Chris Coleman has joined Paul Ince in the race to become Leicester manager.

It also says Ince wants to leave Macclesfield in the summer to manage at a higher level.

I would go with Coleman... he would get the bigger respect of the players as he has been a long term Premiership manager... Ince hasn't. He also did a very good job at Fulham considering the circumstances he was in when Tigana left. Was it Tigana he replaced?

I would go with Coleman... he would get the bigger respect of the players as he has been a long term Premiership manager... Ince hasn't. He also did a very good job at Fulham considering the circumstances he was in when Tigana left. Was it Tigana he replaced?

:yesyes:

Indeed he replaced Tigana and guided Fulham to safety. Then to 9th in the table the following season. :thumbup:

Indeed he replaced Tigana and guided Fulham to safety. Then to 9th in the table the following season. :thumbup:

Did pretty well then... hopefully could be our next Martin O'Neill... very different personalities though! lol

Peter Taylor guided us to the summit of the Premier league, does that make him a suitable candidate?! The challenge comes a season or two later when the manager has to do it with his own team. In my opinion, this is where Coleman comes up short.

Peter Taylor guided us to the summit of the Premier league, does that make him a suitable candidate?! The challenge comes a season or two later when the manager has to do it with his own team. In my opinion, this is where Coleman comes up short.

I'd be quite happy to have Coleman even if in 4 years he went stale and couldn't take us any further. His record has shown that he's got experience in keeping teams in the premiership with a fairly small budget. It's not like we would have to offer him a 10 year contract. He's probably the best manager out of work at the minute who we could get.

I'd be quite happy to have Coleman even if in 4 years he went stale and couldn't take us any further. His record has shown that he's got experience in keeping teams in the premiership with a fairly small budget. It's not like we would have to offer him a 10 year contract. He's probably the best manager out of work at the minute who we could get.

and he's got lovely hair! :thumbup:

To be honest I didnt know too much about the specifics of Colemans career but he seems to have sold his best players and done OK in replacing them with less money available. He`d be my pick but Im sure it will be dependent on what division we are in.

Im getting more annoyed by the day with this part-time appointment BTW. I go on SS site and I see that Dowie has already nailed a yet to be named by superb loan signing for next season (that will be someone from Arsenal or Man Utd then) and Stoke are in talks with 4 players and hope to agree deals with at least two of them this week. On top of that we are missing out on Bosmans as some decent ones are being chased and typical of this is ex-Liverpool rightback Ostemobor who is on the brink of agreeing terms with Norwich.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ie+gets+his+man

I am a Milan fan but I think he has messed up badly on keeping RK on in the first place and then getting a temporary manager in because we are messing out (and sleeping toward D1!)

City have been linked with Cambridge United's top scorer Robbie Simpson. The 22-year-old has scored 13 goals in 14 matches for the Conference outfit and is also being linked with Ipswich and Norwich.

To be honest I didnt know too much about the specifics of Colemans career but he seems to have sold his best players and done OK in replacing them with less money available. He`d be my pick but Im sure it will be dependent on what division we are in.

Im getting more annoyed by the day with this part-time appointment BTW. I go on SS site and I see that Dowie has already nailed a yet to be named by superb loan signing for next season (that will be someone from Arsenal or Man Utd then) and Stoke are in talks with 4 players and hope to agree deals with at least two of them this week. On top of that we are missing out on Bosmans as some decent ones are being chased and typical of this is ex-Liverpool rightback Ostemobor who is on the brink of agreeing terms with Norwich.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...ie+gets+his+man

I am a Milan fan but I think he has messed up badly on keeping RK on in the first place and then getting a temporary manager in because we are messing out (and sleeping toward D1!)

Make no bones about it, Mandaric will already have his contacts getting players aware of Leicester;s interest. The problem is, with the threat of relegation, things might have to be put on hold because the class of player we'll be able to attract, very much depends on what division we will be in.

Archived