Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
a-fox

the kop

I was all quiet until someone started singing ''Always look on the bright side of life'' and then that tune started and gradually got going until everyone was standing and joining in. :thumbup:

I drove to Leicester - realised I'd forgotten my season ticket, returned to Birmingham and got stuck in two accidents on the M6.

England got humiliated at cricket, the bread fell to pieces as I was trying to make some sandwiches for the return journey and I stubbed my toe on the bloody door.

I was 'this' far from taking the hint and staying at home.

I'm so glad I didn't. That was my favourite 45 minutes of football this season...purely because, for once, others stood and sang.

That was absolutely brilliant.

I was in the Kop and I've got a sour old bugger next to me. But even he joined in the chanting in the end. It was almost spiritually uplifting - like hearing a dumb kid talk for the first time - but once he started he didn't stop and neither did anyone else around me.

The second half in particular was great at times. It goes to show what we are capable of when we actually are bothered. Its a shame we didnt get our rewards today as we were the 12th, 13th and 14th man today!

I heard bernie started it? Blowing on his little horn :unsure:

He was at the front of L1, pissed and generally making a fool of himself, I wish the other 20,000 would do the same more often!

Anyone else think that the attendence seemed a little high? (loads of empty seats in the corners and all over the ground)

Cheers

Lads at the back of F2 started singing the Great Escape, then F1 got involved, and it got noisier and noisier. Then people started to stand up and remained stood for the rest of the game!

Out of interest, did anyone get injured because of the standing? ;)

Lads at the back of F2 started singing the Great Escape, then F1 got involved, and it got noisier and noisier. Then people started to stand up and remained stood for the rest of the game!

Out of interest, did anyone get injured because of the standing? ;)

yeah the front of my shins are grazed from the seats that are dangerously in the way

Me and Maybes were shocked to see that the kop was jumping. Credit to all though. Shame the West stand can't give any vocal support.

Up in the N block it was actually shaking when the kop where jumping :blink:

Me and Maybes were shocked to see that the kop was jumping. Credit to all though. Shame the West stand can't give any vocal support.

Give it up... that's never gonna happen!!!

It was so loud in the kop the woman 2 seats down had to put her hands over her ears so she could hear Barber's words of wisdom on RL. Her & her husband cant've seen much of the 2nd half cos everyone around was stood up & they stayed firmly sat in their seats.

Archived