Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

PRIDE!

After one of the most dire season, last night was a turning point. As I slumped into my chair at half-time I feared that we would be facing an onslaught in the second half...and yet again, it would not be at the Kop end.

Throughout the second half I could not have been more delighted with the team, the crowd, the match. We lost - so what? It was the manner of our defeat that filled me with elation.

For sure, we should never have given away those soft goals - we should have taken that game by the scruff of the neck from the outset...but the players were scared, we were scared...and yet in the face of defeat we found our liberation; in the dying embers of the season we found our voice.

I was bursting with pride as I sat for over an hour in the car, queuing to get on the Narborough Road. We dragged the team up from the pitch onto their feet - **** Red Bull, it was us that gave them wings.

Paraphrasing Thracian, these last three matches are for us to do this again - for us to show that we are proud to be Leicester, for us to raise the players game again. Who cares about mishit shots, hoofed long balls, aimless passes and the oppo's box being left empty...each time they **** up let's pick them up. If we are going to conceed then let's just roar them on to score more.

IF we go down, then I for one am going to be going chanting until end - because on the morning after the Wolves...no matter what has transpired...I want to feel the pride in my team that I feel today. Nuff said.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

After one of the most dire season, last night was a turning point. As I slumped into my chair at half-time I feared that we would be facing an onslaught in the second half...and yet again, it would not be at the Kop end.

Throughout the second half I could not have been more delighted with the team, the crowd, the match. We lost - so what? It was the manner of our defeat that filled me with elation.

For sure, we should never have given away those soft goals - we should have taken that game by the scruff of the neck from the outset...but the players were scared, we were scared...and yet in the face of defeat we found our liberation; in the dying embers of the season we found our voice.

I was bursting with pride as I sat for over an hour in the car, queuing to get on the Narborough Road. We dragged the team up from the pitch onto their feet - **** Red Bull, it was us that gave them wings.

Paraphrasing Thracian, these last three matches are for us to do this again - for us to show that we are proud to be Leicester, for us to raise the players game again. Who cares about mishit shots, hoofed long balls, aimless passes and the oppo's box being left empty...each time they **** up let's pick them up. If we are going to conceed then let's just roar them on to score more.

IF we go down, then I for one am going to be going chanting until end - because on the morning after the Wolves...no matter what has transpired...I want to feel the pride in my team that I feel today. Nuff said.

ere ere Dave.

Try to remember your ticket this time though.

A battle cry from the battle axe. This is war for the City boys, we will provail. Well said daggers.

There is life for us if we get relegated but its so important to stay up so we can really kick on. Fo***t have found it tough to come straight up and it wont be easy for us if we do go down.

However, on the pride issue, why the hell does it take game 43 and the second half of it to actually see these to$$ers roll up there sleeves? For me I wasnt proud of there second half performance because these are the lazy wasters who put us in the mess during the season and specifically, during the first half of this game. I may be way out of line bit it was only a week or so ago that Brum went to Barnsley and got dicked one nil in a similar relegation/promotion dogfight. Forget talking about pride and patting these idiots on the back for fighting back, its time for them to roll up there sleeves and get us out of this mess and start appreciating the supporters they have and for once, give us something to smile about.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

You didnt just quote Dylan Thomas!? :blink: then again, to be honest...that verse had crossed my mind.

But, fook it! I've got no money but I'm going to do my level best to get to the Barnsley game and I'll be at the Wolves game, and if all i can do is shout and sing at the top of my voice then that's what I'll do! The last two performances have been better than anything Kelly ever dished up, but that isnt the point we need points and the team (however cack they might be!) need to belive they can get those points and from the sounds of it last night the crowd made them belive they could... with any luck last night will inspire the players for the final three games.

Maybe it was the emotion of a proper Leicester performance in the second half, or watching the kop stream to the side of the pitch to clap the lads off, but last night it seemed to be the first time the players got what Leicester is about.

The Filbert Street roar and not the Walkers Library, the players battling till the end. The respect for both fans and players alike. That attitude of fighting even when we're beat.

Difference is, we're not beat and we will fight. This till the end of the season.

However, on the pride issue, why the hell does it take game 43 and the second half of it to actually see these to$ers roll up there sleeves?

Faith? Belief?

This season has seen it knocked out of the players...and us. Hell, look at the threads following Saturdays capitulation to Norwich - I know I felt we were as good as down because I didn't think anyone at the Walkers had any fight left in them. Last night proved me wrong.

Fight and you may die. Run and you

will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now,

would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for

one chance, just one cahnce, to come back here as young men and tell

our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take

our freedom!"

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come when the courage of men fails,

when we forsake our friends

and break all bonds of fellowship,

but it is not this day.

An hour of wolves and shattered shields,

when the age of men comes crashing down,

but it is not this day!

This day we fight!!

By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,

I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!

We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender.

All these speeches, making me go all goose-bumpy!!!

If you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Come on you blue boys!!!!

At half time I turned to my lad and said for the first itme ever I feel like crying, to which he replied Oh you've not reached the laughing phase yet.

We then talked about watching Hinckley next season, park at the ground, nice pint in the club room, a real game of footy no histrionics, well very few from the players; admittedly there'd still be crap referees but frankly I felt I'd had enough of LCFC.

After the 2nd half well I'm off to get a ticket for Preston after lunch.

At half time I turned to my lad and said for the first itme ever I feel like crying, to which he replied Oh you've not reached the laughing phase yet.

We then talked about watching Hinckley next season, park at the ground, nice pint in the club room, a real game of footy no histrionics, well very few from the players; admittedly there'd still be crap referees but frankly I felt I'd had enough of LCFC.

After the 2nd half well I'm off to get a ticket for Preston after lunch.

Can't go... wish I was... But hey I'll have Barber to descibe it for me!!!

P.s. Isn't it time your sig changed!!!

I had a bet on us a couple of weeks ago to get relegated in the hope that it would guarantee we survived (I've never won a bet in my life). I've just been to buy my ticket for Preston cos' after last night I think the penny has dropped with the players and fans that we can stay up if we put the effort in. ;)

Archived