Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Preston Match Thread

I admire your optimism! although not sure what it is based on?

Although to add a little bit of rational thinking - PNE have the 2nd best home record with only 3 defeats at home and on the back of a 4-0 away victory.

Prediction - PNE 3 Leicester 0

However, all the best.

Hi there. You'd know better than me but I thought Preston (before last week's result) were a little inconsistent of late..

I know you have the 2nd best home record in the League but for some reason, other members on here are quite optimistic about todays game (as long as you don't read the prediction forum).

Hopefully us selling all (most) of our allocation will help today.

Hi there. You'd know better than me but I thought Preston (before last week's result) were a little inconsistent of late..

I know you have the 2nd best home record in the League but for some reason, other members on here are quite optimistic about todays game (as long as you don't read the prediction forum).

Hopefully us selling all (most) of our allocation will help today.

You are correct, Christopher, our form has been a little inconsistent of late although we now have a proper central midfield pairing of Callum Davidson and Sefyo Soley and as showed at Coventry, last week, we had control of the midfield with us having 55% possession and creating plenty of chances. Admitedly Southend threw up a surprise a couple of weeks ago, with them going away with a 3-2 victory although that was a well and truly freaky game with them scoring three 25 yard goals into the top corner! when was the last time a team at the bottom did that?

It will take something special from Leicester to get a result today because we are back on fire.

Wow, you beat Cov, I bet the teams above you are trembling with fear

We didn't beat them, Michael, we hammered them.

Couldn't care less whether the teams are trembling with fear or not, it is about what we do on the day and if it's our turn then that will be our destiny. We've missed out in our last 4 times of trying so surely something has to give!

um well not sure if anyone has posted this yet but, we have a few out tiatto (which we knew about) Jarrett (again we knew about), Mcauley is likely to be out, with Porter still ill and Kenton a definate no for this game.

so what will the team be? im begining to wonder because without Porter at LM and i guess wel be using Mattock at the back who will play there?

my prediction

Logan

Stearmen NEJ Kisnorbo Mattock

Newton Weso Hughes? um? :blink: (maybe mattock here and sheehan at LB?)

Hume Fryatt

Preston sounds like Uruguay to me when they played Australia for a place in the WC in Germany... and we all know what happened there... lol lol

I have a good feeling about this... and considering the day I've had, I shouldn't have good feelings about anything.

Something tells me we are going to make it work, we almost did in our last match and if we can go out there with intensity and tenacity, we can string it together and hopefully come out with the right result.

C'MON BLUES, DO THE CITY OF LEICESTER PROUD.... :D :D

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

From the OS. ;):thumbup:

Hughes and McAuley In

Caretaker manager Nigel Worthington makes two changes to his starting line up for the vital Championship clash against Preston North End at Deepdale.

In come Gareth McAuley and Stephen Hughes for Alan Maybury and Jason Jarrett.

Maybury drops to the bench for the game, while Jarrett is unable to play against the Lilywhites due to a clause in his loan agreement.

16-year-old Academy product Joe Mattock keeps his place in the side following an encouraging performance against Birmingham City on Tuesday night.

Nisse Johansson looks set to revert to left back following McAuley's return from a hamstring injury.

Danny Cadamarteri, Geoff Horsfield, Danny Cadamarteri, Conrad Logan and Maybury make up a very attack-minded bench for the Foxes.

City: Logan, Stearman, Kisnorbo, McAuley, Johansson, Newton, Wesolowski, Hughes, Mattock, Hume, Fryatt.

Subs: Henderson, Maybury, Cadamarteri, Hammond, Horsfield.

Preston: to follow.

From the OS. ;):thumbup:

Danny Cadamarteri, Geoff Horsfield, Danny Cadamarteri, Conrad Logan and Maybury make up a very attack-minded bench for the Foxes.

lol

They're right... it's very attack minded. Not content with including two attackers, he included one of them twice! :smile:

We didn't beat them, Michael, we hammered them.

Couldn't care less whether the teams are trembling with fear or not, it is about what we do on the day and if it's our turn then that will be our destiny. We've missed out in our last 4 times of trying so surely something has to give!

We also beat Coventry by several goals. Go figure.

I also have a gut feeling that we will win 2-1 today, it appears I'm not the only one.

Archived