Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
London_Fox

Neil Lennon

Neil Lennon  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him if we get the chance?

• As a player
    • As a coach
    • As a player/coach
    • As manager
    • Not in any capacity

If we had the chance of getting him back, it would be stupid if we didnt. Some fans are kidding themselves if they think we can get better. Who cares how old he is if he can do the job for one season and get us promoted?

Its a no brainer.

Just because he is a legend. Normally the signing of a 35 year old would horrify me.

Lennon is still in good shape and isn't prone to injury, he's a winner on the pitch and I can see no reason why he wouldn't do an excellent job for us, both on the playing field and for team morale, we need more vocalists in the team and I think Milan will go for him knowing he is regarded a past favourite with the fans

Lennon is still in good shape and isn't prone to injury, he's a winner on the pitch and I can see no reason why he wouldn't do an excellent job for us, both on the playing field and for team morale, we need more vocalists in the team and I think Milan will go for him knowing he is regarded a past favourite with the fans

Quite a few Celtic fans have said that his legs are gone though.

I didn't vote cos I don't know but the only capacity I'd consider is as a coach. He just wouldn't fit my criteria in any other capacity.

what is your criteria for a promotion winning team then? a squad of 17year olds getting bullied off the pitch everyweek?

To get out of this league we need some seasoned pros to guide the younger players and lead through a difficult patch, who would you have instead of Lennon?

says who, im sure ive read on the celtic forum he is loosing the legs and is not half the player he was a season or two ago............saying that id have him as a kavanagh type of player replacing tiatto next season

I've also seen Celtic fans saying that he's still an integral part of their team, that they're a lot more solid when he plays. He's put in some big performances in the Champions League for them.

hence the fact id have him as a kavanagh like figure. Id be surprised if a promoted team does not take him. ssems right up harry redknaps tree 2.

what is your criteria for a promotion winning team then? a squad of 17year olds getting bullied off the pitch everyweek?

To get out of this league we need some seasoned pros to guide the younger players and lead through a difficult patch, who would you have instead of Lennon?

Yes, I saw what the seasoned pro's did for us this season - and last.

I haven't seen Weso getting bullied these last two matches - both against top sides in the Championship - and I didn't see is last season when he was fit either.

Hughes too seems a different player under Worthington so where do you propose Lennon will fit in? And where will the attacking come from?

It's time we focused on what we need instead of being slaves to sentiment.

And we don't need a 36-year-old defensive midfielder with suspect speed and stamina.

Yes, I saw what the seasoned pro's did for us this season - and last.

I haven't seen Weso getting bullied these last two matches - both against top sides in the Championship - and I didn't see is last season when he was fit either.

Hughes too seems a different player under Worthington so where do you propose Lennon will fit in? And where will the attacking come from?

It's time we focused on what we need instead of being slaves to sentiment.

And we don't need a 36-year-old defensive midfielder with suspect speed and stamina.

you obviously didnt read my comments - i said some. We all know Wesolowski is a great prospect and should be one of the first names on the teamsheet next season, but with his track record do you see him playing 46 games? :rolleyes: I also really hope your not suggesting Hughes should be part of our midfield next season, i quite like hughes and should be in the squad, but first choice? i very much doubt it.

Johnson has pretty much gone, Jarrett will be gone, Tiatto is leaving - thats leaves us with Weso and Hughes. We will need central midfielders, someone with experience and a player with a bit of quality IMO. Four should be enough.

Neil Lennon was one of the best players in recent years to play for City, not many would argue with that..... If he wasn't he wouldn't have been first on MON's shopping list at Celtic, but unfortunatly age catches up with us all :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I voted player/coach but on reflection, after seeing him with his shirt off after Celtic got knocked out of Europe earlier this year and seeing him carrying almost as much blubber as me....... I think I would prefer the memories of when Lennon could boss the midfield like the general he was :thumbup: Championship football requires a fast paced game to have any prospect of success and whilst Lennons experience may be valuable to the younger players as a coach, I reckon, sadly, his playing days are done

Archived