Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

April 2007 Player of the Month

April 2007 Player of the Month  

91 members have voted

1. 1. May the best man win

• Logan
    • Stearman
    • Maybury
    • Kisnorbo
    • McAuley
    • Johansson
    • Hughes
    • Jarratt
    • Wesolowski
    • Porter
    • Newton
    • Mattock
    • Hume
    • Fryatt

Please use the following poll to vote for your Foxes player of the month for April.

We will be running these polls every month of the season and the player finishing first will get 3 points, second 2 points and third 1 point. The player with the most points at the end of the season, will then be crowned the FoxesTalk player of the season.

Qualification for players is they have had to started/played the equivalent of 3 games this month.

• This month there are 14 eligible players from 6 games.
  • 2 players started all 6 games: Kisnorbo & Hume, Fryatt also played a part in all 6.
  • Those who played but miss out are Hammond, Tiatto, Kenton, Cadamarteri, Horsfield, Henderson, Yeates.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and give it to Shaun Newton. McAuley hasn't played all the games and the defense hasn't been great anyway. The keepers have looked fairly iffy at time. The strikers aren't really on form and Weso has missed a lot of games. For me, Newton has been fairly consistent during the month as a whole and has often been at the heart of what has gone right for us.

Went for Wesolowski although on reflection it should probably have been Newton (unbelievably good second half against Birmingham, provided the cross for Nisse at Preston and was decent enough again yesterday). :doh:

I think it's fairly telling that nobody has seen fit to vote for Fryatt or Hume yet.

I voted Weso. He's done extremely well and has really showed quality. No pointless hoof balls to the front men, kept it simple and easy. And destroyed everything in the midfield.

16 years and 351 days. His birthday is on the 15th of this month according to Wikipedia.

Found it on os:

Mattock grew up in the Eyres Monsell area of the city, and will celebrate his 17th birthday on May 17 this year. He has been handed the number 30 shirt.

Joe Mattock

Personal information

Full name Joseph Mattock

Date of birth May 15, 1990 (age 16)

Place of birth Leicester, England

Playing position Left Back/Left Midfield

From Wikipedia. Weird. They're practically the same anyway tho.

I'd almost be tempted to give it to Skills for THAT goal but its out of Weso and Newton for me, with Mattock third. I've given it to Weso because of the transformation (and I do mean transformation) he has helped make to our midfield.

Archived