Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

PAUL INCE

Between Ince and Coleman.

I'd go for Ince any day of the week!!

Really what has Coleman done????

What has Ince done?

Sure have a preference, you don't even need a reason but if you're going to give one at least let it be logical.

As for me I'll leave the coin tossing and gambling to MM.

What has Ince done?

Sure have a preference, you don't even need a reason but if you're going to give one at least let it be logical.

As for me I'll leave the coin tossing and gambling to MM.

Not failed anywhere, yet!!

Saved a club from dropping to the Conference!

Isn't Chris Coleman!!

Any more??

I aint saying it's not going to happen...

Just if it don't i apoligise in advanced.

I just thought I would inform you what I know currently. I ran with Birch on sunday, I was the one at the front with Gary Mac and Mike Whitlow!

No one at the club except Milan knows what is going to happen as he always changes his mind. I think Nath is right in that Ince is the favourite, but I also know that it hasn't been decided yet.

Someone unconnected to the football club told me that Coleman would defiantly take the job should it be offered, but he may go to Palace, should Taylor get the boot..

Between Ince and Coleman.

I'd go for Ince any day of the week!!

Really what has Coleman done????

Coleman has managed to keep Fulham in the Premiership despite continously selling his best players and replacing them with cheap versions. As a Leicester fan we realise how difficult it is to get in and stay in the Premiership and good knows how many clubs have gone down and not come up whilst Fulham held there own against the odds. He hasnt transformed them into a team of superstars and you get the feeling that every year would be a battle but thats because the greedy chairman in place always sold there better players.

Ince took over a squad that was under-achieving and bottom of D2 by a mile. The standard in D2 is pi$$poor and he is hardly a miracle worker to have got them safe with plenty of games to do it all courtesy of a final day jitterfest where they could have easily have been relegated/demoted. Ince has done fook all as a manager IMO!

Coleman has managed to keep Fulham in the Premiership despite continously selling his best players and replacing them with cheap versions. As a Leicester fan we realise how difficult it is to get in and stay in the Premiership and good knows how many clubs have gone down and not come up whilst Fulham held there own against the odds. He hasnt transformed them into a team of superstars and you get the feeling that every year would be a battle but thats because the greedy chairman in place always sold there better players.

Ince took over a squad that was under-achieving and bottom of D2 by a mile. The standard in D2 is pi$$poor and he is hardly a miracle worker to have got them safe with plenty of games to do it all courtesy of a final day jitterfest where they could have easily have been relegated/demoted. Ince has done fook all as a manager IMO!

Tell that to the Macclesfield fans and chairman. Also I doubt he was competing for the kind of players he has good contacts with.

Macclesfield have spent most of their history in non-League football and survival is/was always likely to be difficult. Ince was trusted to achieve that target this season and succeeded from a considerable handicap start.

Coleman has been in management ages and has made little impression or progress that I can see.

Exactly, Coleman kept Fulham in the Prem, but each season they were getting worse and worse! At least MON won stuff and we improved!!

Finally Coleman was sacked for almost taking Fulham down!!

Macclesfield have spent most of their history in non-League football and survival is/was always likely to be difficult. Ince was trusted to achieve that target this season and succeeded from a considerable handicap start.

Maybe we should have had him over the last two 'survival' seasons then.

I'd love to know what else he brings to the table because it isn't experience or contacts.

To me, you can't even compare Coleman and Ince. Coleman has been managing in the best league in the world for a number of years now, whereas Paul Ince has just began a managerial career at a poor league 2 club! I'm suprised Ince is getting so much support. I think ppl on here believe he will be like Sunderland's Keane. I see Ince more as a Tony Adams kind of manager (and look what happened to him at Wycome!), i.e lots of enthusiasm and energy, but not much intelligence, which is really needed for the higher leagues! If Ince comes I will support him of course, but I think it has the potential to be a disaster appointment.

for me it boils down to this:

Coleman = Premiership manager

Ince = Div 2 manager

which would you rather have?

We've gambled on 'up and coming' managers for the last 5 years and look where we are, lets have someone with some experience and knows what they're doing.

Tell that to the Macclesfield fans and chairman. Also I doubt he was competing for the kind of players he has good contacts with.

Coleman has been in management ages and has made little impression or progress that I can see.

Its not about where they were 2 years ago or 10 years ago, its all about the previous season. Last season Macclesfield finished 17th on 54 points http://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...0060618,00.html They were not a newly promoted side and had some decent players for that level. They started this season disasterously (so did Sunderland) but had decent enough [player sto get them out of the mess they were in. Ince came in and did well by guiding them out of that mess by organising the side and bringing in a couple of players on loan. My point is it wasnt as if he didnt have the basic tools to work with to get out of the mess they were in, especially as you dont need too much at that level as all the promoted conference sides keep proving when they get promoted by always holding there own.

For Coleman (and you Phube!), its more of a test to keep a side in the Premiership when most around you are given money to spend like Aston Villa and Newcastle whilst you continually sell your best players and have to find cheap replacements! He has done a great job in keeping them there whilst sides like us, Sunderland, Leeds, Birmingham, Southampton etc etc either have been relegated and stayed there or become a yo-yo club.

I`ll try my best to find the good players he has had to sell in the last few seasons.....

Edwin Van der Sar to Man Utd

Steve Finnan to Liverpool

Steed Malbranque to Spurs

Sean Davies to Spurs

Luis Boa Morte to West Ham United

Louis Saha to Man Utd

Andy Cole to Man City

Im sure Ive missed out a few good uns but you get the point, he has had to sell some real quality players and its largely down to Tigana wasting so much before he took over!

Sean Davies to Spurs

Louis Saha to Man Utd

Andy Cole to Man City

Im sure Ive missed out a few good uns but you get the point, he has had to sell some real quality players and its largely down to Tigana wasting so much before he took over!

This is my point. He kept Fulham in the Prem with those players!!! Without them they were going down, and yes it is his fault, he didn't find any good replacements!!

Can you see him coming in and motivating Hughes and Stearman... 'cause I can't!

Its not about where they were 2 years ago or 10 years ago, its all about the previous season. Last season Macclesfield finished 17th on 54 points http://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...0060618,00.html They were not a newly promoted side and had some decent players for that level. They started this season disasterously (so did Sunderland) but had decent enough [player sto get them out of the mess they were in. Ince came in and did well by guiding them out of that mess by organising the side and bringing in a couple of players on loan. My point is it wasnt as if he didnt have the basic tools to work with to get out of the mess they were in, especially as you dont need too much at that level as all the promoted conference sides keep proving when they get promoted by always holding there own.

For Coleman (and you Phube!), its more of a test to keep a side in the Premiership when most around you are given money to spend like Aston Villa and Newcastle whilst you continually sell your best players and have to find cheap replacements! He has done a great job in keeping them there whilst sides like us, Sunderland, Leeds, Birmingham, Southampton etc etc either have been relegated and stayed there or become a yo-yo club.

I`ll try my best to find the good players he has had to sell in the last few seasons.....

Sean Davies to Spurs

Louis Saha to Man Utd

Andy Cole to Man City

Spot on post. Ince has done an ok job, but he is not an outstanding candidate. There are managers that have done much better jobs than Paul Ince this season in the lower leagues and I think that it would be the wrong time for him to step up a level. He's not even been manager for a full season yet.

I personally don't think we should look to lower league clubs to find a new manager but if we did I think we could find someone more qualified than Ince. I still think its amazing that so many people are touting his name over someone like Simon Grayson who has had a fantastic first two seasons in management. Steered Blackpool away from relegation in 05/06 and then guided them into third place in the league. His teams play passing football and he has instilled within them a winning mentality. He also made 188 appearances for us. How is Ince more qualified than that???

Excellent post. 17th to 22nd under Ince ttp://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/LeagueTable/0,,10393~20070509,00.html

Since March 3rd they have Lost 6 won 3 and drawn 1 ......including a 4-1 drumming from Boston who are relegated and 5-0 from Rochdale. I have no clue as to why this guy is being considered, if he's so impressive why is it that he isn't being swamped with offers and connected to other clubs?

Excellent post. 17th to 22nd under Ince ttp://www.mtfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/LeagueTable/0,,10393~20070509,00.html

Since March 3rd they have Lost 6 won 3 and drawn 1 ......including a 4-1 drumming from Boston who are relegated and 5-0 from Rochdale. I have no clue as to why this guy is being considered, if he's so impressive why is it that he isn't being swamped with offers and connected to other clubs?

I seem to remember MON having a pretty grim run at the start of his Leicester career and, indeed, at Villa this time around.

Rochdale hit people for seven during the period of their 5-0 against Macclesfield and were on a run that must have been amond the best in their history.

As you know nerves and confidence play a big part in football - as Leicester themselves proved during the awful run which lead to Kelly's sacking. Macclesfield might always have been expected to falter a bit as the pressure mounted.

But that's not to suggest I have no doubts about Ince - I do. And while others avoid saying it, I believe his playing the "black manager card" is at the root of those concerns and might well be the biggest mistake in his new career so far.

However, given that I don't see great merit in Coleman, no-one seems to be touting my original preferred choice, Newell, there's no signs of Keegan and Davies might well be another 1-0-will-do merchant, I'm not excited by anyone to be frank.

In fact as you mention that 5-0, the Rochdale manager Keith Hill must have as strong a case as anyone if he can get that lot whacking goals for fun past folk and climbing from the basement to the edge of the play-offs in three months or so.

But doubtless the experience angle would raise its head again.

I know what though, I hope we don't take a month of Sundays making a decision. One way or another we're forever playing catch-up and we don't need to be wasting more time before our rebuild begins.

In fact as you mention that 5-0, the Rochdale manager Keith Hill must have as strong a case as anyone if he can get that lot whacking goals for fun past folk and climbing from the basement to the edge of the play-offs in three months or so.

Do you think he'd play Dodds? :D

Do you think he'd play Dodds? :D

He's got strikers there who I know nothing about but they haven't half been cracking some goals and, while Dodds has had a niggling injury, they might be even better.

Hill certainly seems willing to have a go at a game and the goalscoring returns suggest he knows what makes a good attacker.

I would accept Manwell's point that Dodds's arrival around the start of Rochdale's run was probably coincidental but the transformation Hill made to the team was probably more dramatic than anyone's this season apart from Keane.

I cannot imagine Hill would be unhappy with any of the players who contributed.

Archived