Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nath

PAUL INCE

I’ve been thinking, Harry Redknapp could have quite easily gone to a premiership club before he went to Portsmouth. I’m now starting to believe MM is on a hunt to capture Big Sam. Redknapp had built a good side at West Ham and had similar success as Bolton have recently. If Allardyce were to become our manager I would guarantee that would be promoted next season, this concept may crossed the minds of both MM & Allardyce.

Allardyce isn’t a popular candidate up there with majority of Toon fans, he’s a bit like what Paul Ince is to a lot of our fans. Most of the Newcastle supporters believe they should be able to attract someone with a bit more quality than someone who has been managing an over achieving tin pot club like Bolton.

Call me Nathlcfc_7, but I believe Milan is trying to land us someone quite special and hopefully it’s Big Sam.

I’ve been thinking, Harry Redknapp could have quite easily gone to a premiership club before he went to Portsmouth. I’m now starting to believe MM is on a hunt to capture Big Sam. Redknapp had built a good side at West Ham and had similar success as Bolton have recently. If Allardyce were to become our manager I would guarantee that would be promoted next season, this concept may crossed the minds of both MM & Allardyce.

Allardyce isn’t a popular candidate up there with majority of Toon fans, he’s a bit like what Paul Ince is to a lot of our fans. Most of the Newcastle supporters believe they should be able to attract someone with a bit more quality than someone who has been managing an over achieving tin pot club like Bolton.

Call me Nathlcfc_7, but I believe Milan is trying to land us someone quite special and hopefully it’s Big Sam.

Why oh why?! I really do question ppl's sanity on here! You're talking about a man who was one of the favourites to take over the England job! :frusty:

Ok yes, i admit i was wrong today! I apoligise but i don't expect anyway to take the piss or have a laugh at my expense because of this.

Atleast i have apoligised, so lets leave it at that.

Why oh why?! I really do question ppl's sanity on here! You're talking about a man who was one of the favourites to take over the England job! :frusty:

Ok....

Was that the man who wasn't even given an interview? Right!!!! And wasn't Steve Mclaren given the job?????

The FA never had any intention of giving the England job to Allardyce

I’m not saying we’re going to get him, just made the comparison to Portsmouth’s position when Redknapp took over and to ours now. What makes Allardyce’s position any different to Harry’s back then?

What has SA actually done apart from keep Bolton punching above the weight in the Prem? Does he really think any of the big clubs would give him a job, never in million years.

They had Newcastle fans on SSN saying they didn’t want him.

Ok yes, i admit i was wrong today! I apoligise but i don't expect anyway to take the piss or have a laugh at my expense because of this.

Atleast i have apoligised, so lets leave it at that.

Well why post such statements?

It’s a bit late, see the thread in LCFC forum because that’s just basically a piss take.

I’m not saying we’re going to get him, just made the comparison to Portsmouth’s position when Redknapp took over and to ours now. What makes Allardyce’s position any different to Harry’s back then?

Redknapp had been involved in a bungs scandal at West Ham and no-one would touch him with a barge pole. Not even Mandaric...he was inititally appointed as Director of Football and not manager.

That is a different scenario to Allardyce who could easily get a job with a decent Premiership side. Slightly off topic, I find it astonishing that Newcastle's fans would turn their nose up at him. Brought down to the simple question of would they swap their league position over the last few seasons with Bolton's the answer is a resounding yes. If he could get a 'tinpot club' like Bolton into the UEFA cup surely thats a good thing not a bad thing. Hopefully they will end up (once again) with a manager who has failed at other clubs.

We should avoid the same trap of being dazzled by the media spotlight. Pulis or Holloway were hardly popular candidates for the Leicester job when Levein went but I for one would have swapped our season with Stoke and Plymouths. It doesn't matter if we get a 'big name' manager or not. We need someone who can do the job and how charasmatic they are in front of a camera should not factor into it one bit.

Redknapp had been involved in a bungs scandal at West Ham and no-one would touch him with a barge pole. Not even Mandaric...he was inititally appointed as Director of Football and not manager.

That is a different scenario to Allardyce

didn't you see that panorama programme? if Allardyce didn't resign because he'd been tapped up for another job, then it's probably because the inquiry into the bungs scandal will report soon. if he's not working for a football club then can he be required to talk to the FA?(does that make me sound like Chandler?) :ph34r:

Between Ince and Coleman.

I'd go for Ince any day of the week!!

Really what has Coleman done????

Coleman is a star, the fact that he has had to put up with Al Fayed for as long as has. I doubt working for Al Fayed is easy (personally I think the bloke is nuts - watched his documentary last year) he is always meddling in the side.

Ince will be unveiled Tuesday... Mark my words.

Now moving on to a positive note :rolleyes: <_<

Well maybe not;

Portsmouth will be down the Walkers for a pre season friendly on the 4th August.

You watch.

I got the portsmouth friendly spot on!

You will see tomorrow!

night night.

thought i would tell you before i go offline!

Bollocks.

Reading the start of the topic, I see you got your excuses in nice and early eh?

Now, when will I start seeing?

I know we are not supposed to refer to that crap rumour web site but this one is so funny that I had to make a comment.

Paul Ince to be Newcastle manager.

Lokks like we might be losing our prime target. He He He He

Please dont delete - I think other members could do with a giggle, especially after sundays match!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Not too much mention of Ince in this and the options hardly tickle the tastebuds.

Don't know about Clarke but, generally, I'd hope to get some more appealing options if I were MM.

The article mentions Gary Megson being linked, when did this happen and why! Graham Rix is out of work (not surprising) what a double act that would be, also add David Pleat as director of football. :banghead:

Would absolutely love it if we were to somehow get him here. He's been my Number One all along, but it's a ridiculous idea to think we could easily get him.

I think its a long shot... but not totally unrealistic, he beats all the Colemans, Davies etc... of this world hands down, but he's got a nice little job at a club in Turkey now (though it was reported, all was not going well of Tigana... he inherited a huge wage bill and lots of older players and performances have slipped leading to speculation that he might be pushed out at the end of their season). Still a long shot... but would be very happy if we landed him, plays good football, amazing eye for talent, and is good at getting a balance between youth and experiance, ticks all the boxes really... no idea why he'd want to come to city though! :blink::whistle:

I think its a long shot... but not totally unrealistic, he beats all the Colemans, Davies etc... of this world hands down, but he's got a nice little job at a club in Turkey now (though it was reported, all was not going well of Tigana... he inherited a huge wage bill and lots of older players and performances have slipped leading to speculation that he might be pushed out at the end of their season). Still a long shot... but would be very happy if we landed him, plays good football, amazing eye for talent, and is good at getting a balance between youth and experiance, ticks all the boxes really... no idea why he'd want to come to city though! :blink::whistle:

Managers know that with 95% of jobs they will not be inheriting a successful side. With the backing of the chairman and the potential of being an established premiership club, i'm sure he would consider it if asked, however i dont think MM has even considered him.

My mates Turkish he says Tigana will probably get the sack at the end of the season, they still have slim chance of winning the league and won the cup final cup albeit against the leagues bottom club, but they lost at home on Saturday to rivals Fenerbahce. He's really unpopular with the fans for constantly playing the players out of position (sound familiar!)

Archived