Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Comeback kid

Comeback kid  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who will put this season behind them?

• Hughes
    • Stearman
    • Fryatt
    • McCarthy

I'd say these four have all had very disappointing seasons. All young players who could still turn it around with the right coaching and the right man-management.

Who do you back to make the biggest improvement and prove they are deserving of a place in the side next season?

It might have been wise to include the option "none".

But for me:

a) Hughes. No chance. If he was going to do the things that are missing from his game he'd have shown them by now.

b) Stearman: He's already been lifted by the departure of Kelly and needs to work on his turning speed, tracking speed and ground passing. No reason he shouldn't do that and improve.

c) Fryatt: I wouldn't bet on him. His injury bothers me and I think he's a limited player anyway - especially if less than sharp.

d) McCarthy: Good coaching might still improve him. He's got the spirit to do well but will he work hard enough on his weaknesses?.

I voted Stearman.

Accentuate the positive. There are enough threads moaning about how we should get rid of the whole squad. I've felt like it at times but it's not going to happen and it's time people realised it.

In my opinion, if we're going to finish in the top-half next season then at least one of this lot needs to find their best form.

Accentuate the positive. There are enough threads moaning about how we should get rid of the whole squad. I've felt like it at times but it's not going to happen and it's time people realised it.

In my opinion, if we're going to finish in the top-half next season then at least one of this lot needs to find their best form.

That is optimistic - but I'm not knocking it. :D

Good thread, I like.

I think we've seen the best of Hughes and there's better to be had in his position so he'll be marginalised.

Stearman has so much room for improvement, maybe he can do it but I'm way from convinced.

Fryatt is going to need to hit the ground running when the season kicks off otherwise he'll be playing against Coventry reserves on a wet Wednesday afternoon in Hinkley, every week. Seeing as we'll be strengthening the forward line I am dubious if he can pull it off.

Which leaves my choice - Captain Crap. Hopefully they'll keep the armband from him, give him some proper coaching on his temper and superglue his pointing arm to his hip. I see him having more of an opportunity to get a run in the side than the other three and maybe he can be the player some believe him to be.

If I were in charge all four of them would be flogged come the close of the transfer window next January.

I voted for Fryatt because the way he finished last season proved he is a good player but has struggled this season with injurys.

Stearman would be next on my list for his youth and potential.

Now Hughesy because we all know he has got it somewhere inside him to be a decent player.

Hughes: soft in the tackle, injury prone, no left foot.

Fryatt: lacks pace, pulls head back when shooting, works hard

Stearman: can't pass wind let alone a football

McCarthy: the next Steve Walsh anyone??

I couldnt make my mind up between Stearman and Fryatt but I have a feeling that Stearman may not get that many chances this forthcoming season. Fryatt has a reputation to uphold whilst Stearman showed nothing this season. Fryatt is one of the few remaining players that we have that could become "anything" so he just about gets the vote.

Voted Stearman... because i wonder if somthing has just "snapped" for Fryatt and if this level is just a step too far for him rather than his poor form simply being down to injury, lack of confidence and piss poor service from the midfeild... then again i think its entirley possible that we'll bring in somone like Jloyd Sammuel in the summer and that could be Sterz under a lot more pressure than K*lly's love affair with Mabbs ever did :rolleyes:

But for me:

a) Hughes. No chance. If he was going to do the things that are missing from his game he'd have shown them by now.

b) Stearman: He's already been lifted by the departure of Kelly and needs to work on his turning speed, tracking speed and ground passing. No reason he shouldn't do that and improve.

c) Fryatt: I wouldn't bet on him. His injury bothers me and I think he's a limited player anyway - especially if less than sharp.

d) McCarthy: Good coaching might still improve him. He's got the spirit to do well but will he work hard enough on his weaknesses?.

I voted Stearman.

I'd agree with exception of McCarthy. Hughes has the best chance to improve from the lot.

Fryatt is a natural footballer, when you are not fit and also in a side that creates half chances at best your going too struggle.

He was rushed back by the former management. Was awesome at fulham in the cup. Same Mr Mcarthy Screwed that up.

I'd sell stearman myself, gives the ball away too much and does the wrong things in bad areas.

Hughes will be a squad player, and not bad as back up.

McCarthy too rash, has the attributes, pace and strength but lets himself down.

it was close between fryatt and stearman but i went for stearman in the end still think he is capable of being a good player just needs to work on his passing and his marking.

Archived