Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Most annoying voice in music

Paolo Nutini. Game, set and fu cking match.

Keep your head down Morrison - you weren't far off, mate.

Paolo Nutini has simply replaced James Blunt and others of that ilk in the godawful crooning, dull-dull-dull, middle-of-the-road, whinging drivel stakes. I really loathe the lot of 'em (James Morrison inc!). :@

I also hate their fake 'sensitivity'. FFS, they're so up their own arses I'm convinced they're incapable of feeling so passionately about their 'lost loves/latest loves/unrequited loves' as they claim to be. Genuine emotional reaction to real experiences - I think not! :angry::banghead:

:sick::sick::sick:

Paolo Nutini has simply replaced James Blunt and others of that ilk in the godawful crooning, dull-dull-dull, middle-of-the-road, whinging drivel stakes. I really loathe the lot of 'em (James Morrison inc!). :@

I also hate their fake 'sensitivity'. FFS, they're so up their own arses I'm convinced they're incapable of feeling so passionately about their 'lost loves/latest loves/unrequited loves' as they claim to be. Genuine emotional reaction to real experiences - I think not! :angry::banghead:

:sick::sick::sick:

Spot fuc king on.

A* - top of the class!

Deffo Kate Nash (She's the Lily Allen copy right?).

I can't imagine how someone can feel good about themself when they're such a blatant copy. She sounds like she's deliberately making her voice sound like that just to sound exactly like Lily Allen. And even if it is her natural voice, she's still a copy and it annoys the fook out of me.

I don't understand why Ms Nash is getting such a bad press in this thread. If you don't like her voice, fair enough. If you don't like her music, fair enough.

To simply label her a Lily Allen copy is unfair. Sure there are similarities in their style, but then there are similarities between KN, LA and Jamie T and Mike Skinner too - and probably 1000's of other teen songwriters out there.

KN and LA have both taken different paths to get where they are now. It's worth pointing out that Nash plays most of her own instruments and has battled her way through the pub/club/open mic circuit without the aid of the £25,000 record company advance and the exposure from having a famous dad that Lily Allen has.

For a real shameless phony, look no further than bumpkin turned cod-R&B slag Joss Stone. Where the **** did that accent come from? Not Devon, where she spent her teen years - that's for sure.

Don't know why FYC get a slating.. IMO at least they're a little bit more innovative than your Pussycat Dolls, Amy Winehouse dross etc.......

That's not all that much wrong with Amy Winehouse.

I'd even go as far as to say I quite like her annoyingly catchy songs.

• 4 years later...

Pick your rapper, they're all annoying. Anyone on a "talent" show, they all sound the same which annoys me. Mariah Carey, everything about the squawking bitch is annoying

But they're not singing, they're rapping. It really doesn't apply.

Can't beleive I never posted in this thread and some good calls with Mika and Kate Nash (both of whom have been strangely quiet recently.) However, I think Gabrielle has to be up there with her whiney drivel. Or Dido, for being the personification of absolute mediocrity.

Archived