Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dames

Johan Cruyff

Heard a rumour today that hes in contention for the job aswell.

I think he and Milan go back from when Milan was in the States.

Have you got a link? And he almost nearly came to leicester under the Jock Wallace era. Maybe he wants to re-pay LCFC

This is laughable. Johan Cruyff? Jean Tigana? Were going to get some shite manager like Nigel Worthington, Ray Lewington or Bryan Robson. Why would a top manager want to come to a shite team who have spent their last 3 seasons near the bottom of the Championship?

I have seriously heard that we got close to signing Cruyff as a player.

Tis true TPH you heard correctly.

Note to others TPH does not do unsubstantiated rumours - fact. Well not about football anyway.

Tis true TPH you heard correctly.

Note to others TPH does not do unsubstantiated rumours - fact. Well not about football anyway.

I probably have done in the past.

I remember way back.. possibly even on another forum making up a rumour about us signing Lee Morris. Then we did.

I struck lucky.

Heard a rumour today that hes in contention for the job aswell.

I think he and Milan go back from when Milan was in the States.

lollollol

You read the other thread about him nearly coming as a player so you thought this would be funny, well it was.

This is getting stupid now!

Is it a competition to see who can come up with the most ridiculous "rumour"?

OK,heres mine.

Fabio Capello, fancies a crack at the championship!

How about, Crsitiano Ronaldo wants to drop a league down to see if he can score more goals than anyone else in the history books of the championship. He fancies joining a team who finished lower than 16th

How about, Crsitiano Ronaldo wants to drop a league down to see if he can score more goals than anyone else in the history books of the championship. He fancies joining a team who finished lower than 16th

He's off to Hull then. Typical we always miss out on the good players. :(

I heard Lee Chapman was looking at a house in Oadby.

that is bollox, he's looking in the LFE area. i saw cruyff in queniborough, i also saw milan and nigel spink talking to gus hiddinck in the dog and gun in syston. fact

(no link sorry)

Well if we want to get stupid, maybe a coaching set up of Lineker, Pele as a mangerial duo, Shilton as GK coach with Mourinho as a first team coach.

But on a serious note,

I see no reason why our previous three championship finishes would have an impact on who will be our next manager.

Leicester City have entered a new era and with it, will come better times. Milan has a dream; some would say a passion for success. His aspirations to succeed at this football club, our football club for that matter means he will employee a manager and purchase the players that will do that. We are only going one way and that way is forwards.

Our next manager will be of a higher profile than what most of us expect. The likes of Cruyff, Tigana and Keegan are not unrealistic targets. For us to succeed he needs to apply the same formula that has given him success elsewhere. That does not mean employing an unproven manager and that does not mean buying unproven players.

Times are changing and with it, the foundations for future successes have been laid down at the club. The dead wood will have to be removed, replaced instead by reliable building blocks. Milan has mentioned a three-year plan. In business sense, he wants to improve on it. He would generally view promotion to the Premiership in three years as a failure, that is his lowest expectation.

This is laughable. Johan Cruyff? Jean Tigana? Were going to get some shite manager like Nigel Worthington, Ray Lewington or Bryan Robson. Why would a top manager want to come to a shite team who have spent their last 3 seasons near the bottom of the Championship?

You don't understand the concept of ego. :whistle::unsure:;):thumbup:

I’m pretty confident that MM wont be opting for (or even considering) the likes of Robson, Lewington, Reid etc… at the same time I don’t think he’ll be considering Newell either… Worthington when you consider what our predicament was and the sudden nature of the appointment suggests that he has higher standards than “cast-offs†for that reason I’m not too worried that we might end up with a cack manager as is being suggested…

…If we were getting someone cack we’d have them already, they would probably have been appointed instead of Worthington (who of all the out of work managers available was probably the best… bar Coleman), MM can give it a week or two wait for the dismissals, resignation and contract terminations to provide a complete view of who is and who isn’t available and then, having already given it some consideration and having sounded out potential candidates make a decision, giving the new gaffer the summer to get things in order… starting with a clear-out!

I don’t see us getting a dud… we’ll have someone decent IMHO, it might be someone like Tigana, it might be more likely to be someone like Coleman or Davies but it’ll be someone with a solid record and who both MM and most others will have some confidence in! :thumbup:

Archived