Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Warnock

Would you have him as manager?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. If he's Mandaric's 1st choice

• Yes
    • No
    • Fook Right Off

http://www.soccerbase.com/transfers_by_team.sd?teamid=2328

Warnock spent 5 million on Akinbiyi, Horsfield and Claude Davis in Sheff Utds promotion season, look at the rest of his signings, Micky Adams comes to mind. Disgusting, but not as much as the results in this poll. Leicester City needs something different, not the same crap we've had for 5 years now and that's what we'll get with Warnock. What happened to raising the profile of the club, bringing in a big name manager and players? Whoever is in charge we seem to go the wrong way about it, and I've had enough of it and if this Warnock rumour comes true I can see me losing interest.

Argh :@

Isn't pleasant reading.

I can't believe anyone would want Warnock in charge here. I didn't like him before his comments about us and I liked him less after them but even if I disregard them I still don't want him here.

Why?

1. As previously mentioned his record is not actually as good as others for example Worthington, and while I don't want him here either I would rather have him. He spent an awful lot of money relative to other times and had a fair few cracks before ehe got it right. If I am going to put up with an imbecile in charge I want quick results. He was also lucky to have 2 very decent youth players come through early in his reign - Jagielka and Tonge.

2. Did he fool anyone with his polite 'I just love being here' antics on MOTD this year, maybe but he just couldn't keep it up and revealed at the end what a prat he is, and how he can never accept blame. I recall numerous comments that Kelly never accepted his wrong decisions, it doesn't appear Warnock does.

3. Gamesmanship - yes it is arguably part of the game now, but I don't want it here, or at least not to the extent Warnock utilitizes it. Trying to get a game abandoned - disgusting. Allegedly listening in to opposition team talks - ridiculous. He always vehemently defended Michael Brown, who now he is in front of the tv cameras most weeks has proven what a dirty bastard he is.

4. Crap in the transfer market. The evidence is there for all to see he has made a lot of bad decisions. He signed Akinbiyi, enough said. With the state of our squad the players we sign need to be the right players more now than ever.

5. Granted perhaps you need to make such choices for the good of th eclub but I really think if MM gets him there will be a lot of pissed off supporters. I value the success of the club over anything but even if someone said now Warnock would definitely take us up in 3 years I would still rather risk CC or Grayson and take my chances.

To be honest if Warnock comes in it would be a big barrier to home games for me. I don't think I have the strength of will to boycott, but I would be pissed as I was hoping to see a lot more games next season now I've finished uni.

I'm off to dig out Peter Jones email in the vain hope a message can be relayed that it would not be a popular move :rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would want Warnock in charge here. I didn't like him before his comments about us and I liked him less after them but even if I disregard them I still don't want him here.

Why?

1. As previously mentioned his record is not actually as good as others for example Worthington, and while I don't want him here either I would rather have him. He spent an awful lot of money relative to other times and had a fair few cracks before ehe got it right. If I am going to put up with an imbecile in charge I want quick results. He was also lucky to have 2 very decent youth players come through early in his reign - Jagielka and Tonge.

2. Did he fool anyone with his polite 'I just love being here' antics on MOTD this year, maybe but he just couldn't keep it up and revealed at the end what a prat he is, and how he can never accept blame. I recall numerous comments that Kelly never accepted his wrong decisions, it doesn't appear Warnock does.

3. Gamesmanship - yes it is arguably part of the game now, but I don't want it here, or at least not to the extent Warnock utilitizes it. Trying to get a game abandoned - disgusting. Allegedly listening in to opposition team talks - ridiculous. He always vehemently defended Michael Brown, who now he is in front of the tv cameras most weeks has proven what a dirty bastard he is.

4. Crap in the transfer market. The evidence is there for all to see he has made a lot of bad decisions. He signed Akinbiyi, enough said. With the state of our squad the players we sign need to be the right players more now than ever.

5. Granted perhaps you need to make such choices for the good of th eclub but I really think if MM gets him there will be a lot of pissed off supporters. I value the success of the club over anything but even if someone said now Warnock would definitely take us up in 3 years I would still rather risk CC or Grayson and take my chances.

To be honest if Warnock comes in it would be a big barrier to home games for me. I don't think I have the strength of will to boycott, but I would be pissed as I was hoping to see a lot more games next season now I've finished uni.

I'm off to dig out Peter Jones email in the vain hope a message can be relayed that it would not be a popular move :rolleyes:

go for it :thumbup:

I trust that you are then speaking for the majority of supporters and have the proof to back it up so he believes you.

Because too many so-called fans refuse to accept what is staring them in the face.

Namely that our club is owned by a brain-dead fcukwit who doesn't know what he's doing, just like at Portsmouth (remember those inspired appointments of Rix, Pulis and Perrin?)

Mandaric's appointment of Warnock would be conclusive and irreversible proof that he is no more than a poor man's Ken Bates.

And the senile Serb will be no more successful for us than Bates has been at Leeds!

Yes and of course the other options were better were they FFS?

Because too many so-called fans refuse to accept what is staring them in the face.

Namely that our club is owned by a brain-dead fcukwit who doesn't know what he's doing, just like at Portsmouth (remember those inspired appointments of Rix, Pulis and Perrin?)

Mandaric's appointment of Warnock would be conclusive and irreversible proof that he is no more than a poor man's Ken Bates.

And the senile Serb will be no more successful for us than Bates has been at Leeds!

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear!!! :nono::blink:

Lets get this right....without MM we would be destined for the lower leagues forever.

Atleast with MM we have a little glimmer of hope!

With the parachute payments of the relegated clubs from the Premiership it will still be an almighty task to get promotion(Funny how this year all 3 relegated sides could be promoted again!)

BUT i'd sooner have MM than not have him.

Honestly i really cant understand ANYONE with half a braincell would hammer MM :banana::nono:

Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear!!! :nono::blink:

Lets get this right....without MM we would be destined for the lower leagues forever.

Atleast with MM we have a little glimmer of hope!

With the parachute payments of the relegated clubs from the Premiership it will still be an almighty task to get promotion(Funny how this year all 3 relegated sides could be promoted again!)

BUT i'd sooner have MM than not have him.

Honestly i really cant understand ANYONE with half a braincell to hammer MM :banana::nono:

Nailed it! :thumbup:

Well fook me - once again the almighty fans are threatening to take their argument to the club via email! :protest:

Déjà vu or what? :rolleyes:

How about we let the Chairman decide what's best for the club (aka "the business")?

Mandaric has a lot riding on this decision - that's why he won't be rushed. He's had weeks to ponder the possibilities, and is giving himself several more weeks to actually make the appointment. He's not taking this appointment lightly - he's not going to appoint the first person to come to mind. He's taking his time, he's calculating the risks, the pros and cons of any particular appointment - then selecting the bloke he thinks has the right credentials for the club to be successful. This decision is a calculated risk - and as a businessman, he's made a living out of taking such decisions.

Let us not forget that Mandaric stands to make a wedge of money from the club's "success" - so he has the desire to get it right, which is why he's taking his time! He'll lose money if he fails, he'll also damage his reputation - and to a guy like him, the loss of reputation hurts as much as the loss of money. Failure is not an option for Mandaric.

I'm backing Mandaric - if Mandaric thinks Warnock is the answer, I'll agree.

Well fook me - once again the almighty fans are threatening to take their argument to the club via email! :protest:

How about we let the Chairman decide what's best for the club (aka "the business")?

Mandaric has a lot riding on this decision - that's why he won't be rushed. He's had weeks to ponder the possibilities, and is giving himself several more weeks to actually make the appointment. He's not taking this appointment lightly - he's not going to appoint the first person to come to mind. He's taking his time, he's calculating the risks, the pros and cons of any particular appointment - then selecting the bloke he thinks has the right credentials for the club to be successful. This decision is a calculated risk - and as a businessman, he's made a living out of taking such decisions.

Let us not forget that Mandaric stands to make a wedge of money from the club's "success" - so he has the desire to get it right, which is why he's taking his time! He'll lose money if he fails, he'll also damage his reputation - and to a guy like him, the loss of reputation hurts as much as the loss of money. Failure is not an option for Mandaric.

Too bloody right! :thumbup:

Currently at work,we go through every candidate as they are being speculated and even WE cant agree on one!!

It seems that every candidate has his plus points and negatives.

Even Chris Coleman(who i would love here by the way!)-people have been saying he may be ok in the Premier,BUT has he managed in the CCC League and has he the ability to get us promoted!

I've even heard names like Peter Reid, Kev Keagan,Glenn Roeder,Tony Adams...etc.... ALL have positive AND negative attributes.

I Believe that MM has alot more knowledge about football than we do and im sure :thumbup: he'll do whats best for this great club of ours!!!

(PLUS IF LCFC DOES WELL,HE CAN LAUGH ALL THE WAY TO THE ROYAL BANK OF SERBIA!!!!) :banana::thumbup:

No I am going to portray my opinion as the majority one and hope he doesn't ask for evidence :thumbup:

Or I could just refer him here I suppose

What, to the poll where the majority of people would have him as manager?

lol:whistle:

Thankyou!

I was not threatening, I was just saying I was considering doing so in the hope it might get my view across. If the club were against this would there be a supporter liason officer? Plus I never portrayed a position of the 'mighty fans', I thought that I made it apparent I didn't think there was much chance of the opinion being considered. Its as much for me as it is for the club, takes away the feeling of powerlessness that I have, still I suppose I could just bitch on the internet :thumbup:

And how is blindly supporting the chairman any different from blindly supporting a manager? People derided others for sticking with Kelly, and people get on the backs of happy clappers, yet stating whatever Milan does is fine seems a little spineless, no offence.

I will try to back Milan in his decisions, but not if they go completely against what I want. We all put our money and time into the club and just like we have the right to moan when we see shite on a Saturday, if off the field decisions don't satisfy me I will speak up irrespective of being listened to. I was here before Milan and as much as I appreciate him bailing us, out I am sure I will be here after.

I trust that you are then speaking for the majority of supporters and have the proof to back it up so he believes you.

I wouldn't have thought it needed to be a majority to be considered unpopular. :dunno:

The more you read about Warnock the worse he seems.

I don't even think his reaction to relegation is anything to recommend him.

Basically:- I took you down but now it's done I'm out of here and if things change and our status is somehow saved I'll be back so long as you give me an improved contract. Terrrific.

Warnock wouldn't be my choice however many fans wanted him.

I was not threatening, I was just saying I was considering doing so in the hope it might get my view across. If the club were against this would there be a supporter liason officer? Plus I never portrayed a position of the 'mighty fans', I thought that I made it apparent I didn't think there was much chance of the opinion being considered. Its as much for me as it is for the club, takes away the feeling of powerlessness that I have, still I suppose I could just bitch on the internet :thumbup:

And how is blindly supporting the chairman any different from blindly supporting a manager? People derided others for sticking with Kelly, and people get on the backs of happy clappers, yet stating whatever Milan does is fine seems a little spineless, no offence.

I will try to back Milan in his decisions, but not if they go completely against what I want. We all put our money and time into the club and just like we have the right to moan when we see shite on a Saturday, if off the field decisions don't satisfy me I will speak up irrespective of being listened to. I was here before Milan and as much as I appreciate him bailing us, out I am sure I will be here after.

None taken. It was certainly no worse than being told I was from a village of inbreds. :whistle:

I'm not stating that everything Milan does is/will be fine - he will inevitably do something that I don't agree with. I certainly don't intend to lick his arse every time he makes a decision. I might not agree with who he appoints as manager - if he appointed Hoddle or Roeder for example, I wouldn't be pleased about it - but I'm not going to try and stop him making such a decision. I'll support the manager and support Mandaric in spite of any preconceived ideas about the manager he's appointed, until I'm given reason not to, because I trust Mandaric to do what's right for the club. I certainly hope he can prove he knows what's right for the club, because I want success as much as the next guy.

Pre-emptive email barrage is what I don't agree with. That's what your suggestion was evocative of - a suggestion a few weeks ago to mass email the club in the hope of ensuring Worthington wasn't to be appointed full-time. You suggested the move would be unpopular - that is, the majority of fans don't agree with it. That, to me, suggested getting such a majority to voice their opinions, or that you were representing the majority yourself. You probably didn't intend it to read like that, I'm probably just overreacting based on something I'd seen before. :whistle:

I support Mandaric's decisions and will continue to do so until I'm given reason not to. Being told he's a brain-dead ****wit isn't enough reason, before someone suggests it. :whistle:

Yeh to the poll which states about 4% more in favour, but where about a third of the fans think the candidate can 'fook right off'

Don't get me wrong I don't want Warnock. I feel like a broken record but I am yet to hear a constructive argument in favour of him.

But at the same time firstly this poll is by no means irrefutable evidence of fan's opinion against him and secondly I agree with the sentiment of what lookwhaticando said.

Mandaric is taking his time and the very fact that he needs to get this decision right suggests he will see Warnock for what he is. And that's just plain average

None taken. It was certainly no worse than being told I was from a village of inbreds. :whistle:

I'm not stating that everything Milan does is/will be fine - he will inevitably do something that I don't agree with. I certainly don't intend to lick his arse every time he makes a decision. I might not agree with who he appoints as manager - if he appointed Hoddle or Roeder for example, I wouldn't be pleased about it - but I'm not going to try and stop him making such a decision. I'll support the manager and support Mandaric in spite of any preconceived ideas about the manager he's appointed, until I'm given reason not to, because I trust Mandaric to do what's right for the club. I certainly hope he can prove he knows what's right for the club, because I want success as much as the next guy.

Pre-emptive email barrage is what I don't agree with. That's what your suggestion was evocative of - a suggestion a few weeks ago to mass email the club in the hope of ensuring Worthington wasn't to be appointed full-time. You suggested the move would be unpopular - that is, the majority of fans don't agree with it. That, to me, suggested getting such a majority to voice their opinions, or that you were representing the majority yourself. You probably didn't intend it to read like that, I'm probably just overreacting based on something I'd seen before. :whistle:

I support Mandaric's decisions and will continue to do so until I'm given reason not to. Being told he's a brain-dead ****wit isn't enough reason, before someone suggests it. :whistle:

I probably didn't mean that to sound as strong as it may have done. I meant to put across that I am not going to be happy about Warnock being put in charge, however that doesn't mean to say I don't support Milan in his decisions but he doesn't have a foolproof record, particularly with managers so I think unconditional faith should necessarily be expected.

I think where we diverge is in th ebit I have put in bold - I have views on managers and if we get a manager I don't rate then I won't be happy. Perhaps not the way it should be, but the way it is for me.

As for the email I did mean to say I would present my view as the majorities, but that is because in an ideal world I would run the club an be the manager and the striker, so I am happy to tell fibs/bend the truth to support what I want. Of course I know as well as the next man (should) that my view won't make a blind bit of difference :thumbup:

Don't get me wrong I don't want Warnock. I feel like a broken record but I am yet to hear a constructive argument in favour of him.

Me neither :)

But at the same time firstly this poll is by no means irrefutable evidence of fan's opinion against him and secondly I agree with the sentiment of what lookwhaticando said.

I didn't say it was irrefutable, meant that I would refer him to the forum as a whole - I woul dthink its pretty plain to see that support here is mixed at best, not the clear majority you would ideally want

Mandaric is taking his time and the very fact that he needs to get this decision right suggests he will see Warnock for what he is. And that's just plain average

sorry I don't follow - I don't see how the fact he needs to get the decision right will lead to him seeing warnock as an average candidate :dunno: Surely when appointing Perrin he needed to get that decision right and see him as unsuitable, yet he didn't. I gues what I am saying here and in the previous post is absolute faith in his appointment is asking too much for me , as his previous record isn't foolproof

Archived