Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Rab Douglas

Just back from Glasgow and read in one of the newspapers up there that Rowan Alexander was after Rab Douglas.

It sounded like it was a done deal. Just his severance to sort out.

Not been on here since Monday so if this is old news please delete!

Thankgod for that, he has been one of the biggest flops we've had. As soon as we signed him and we had all these Celtic fans laughing at us, I knew we were in for a shit time! So called international quality keeper! Give me Pressman anyday! :whistle:

Just back from Glasgow and read in one of the newspapers up there that Rowan Alexander was after Rab Douglas.

Nothing on the Gretna website though :dunno:

Absolutely brilliant goalkeeper Rab.

Totally underrated.

It was his exile which basically prevented us from challenging at the top of the table.

Why Gretna haven't been in for him before I've no idea.

It's obvious they're keeping news of their interest quiet for fear of competition.

How people can be critical I don't know.

No-one's seen him play for ages - which in itself might be down to Gretna begging Leicester to keep him low profile.

We ought to launch a fans protest if there's any suggestion of him leaving but, sadly, it's the summer - holidays and all that - so it's not the right time really.

There'll be email protests going in as we speak - certainly from car enthusiasts who might have been hoping to buy his Bentley.

But all good things come to an end and I suppose we'll have to resign ourselves to his moving on with the only sign of his passing being a proposed picture in the Walkers Gallery perhaps between our legendary greats Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton.

Gretna are clearly heading for greatness in Scotland. You can see the headlines now: "Douglas leads the charge on Celtic".

The magnetic pull of Scotland will be irrisistible to him and all we can do is shut the gate when he goes, wipe away the tears and then.................................................................................................................................................................

................................................let's all have a disco, let's all have a disco da, daa, da, daa. :D

Link

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...tna/6456799.stm

I dont know who you are, man. but you are just like my best friend.... ever.

i bet he was on a fair wage too...

in the article it says

'The 34-year-old is currently out of favour at Leicester City.'

Translation: " Rab has sadly had to go into hiding- through fear of being whipped within an inch of his life by several loyal leicester fans" 'I just kept on forgetting my glasses' He claimed. ' I'm quite good , really'

I reckon there should have been times this season when he could have been brought back.

His experience would have been invaluble and he would have actually organised the defence something the other 2 keepers have failed to help with.

And to be fair he was never a poor keeper.

I reckon there should have been times this season when he could have been brought back.

His experience would have been invaluble and he would have actually organised the defence something the other 2 keepers have failed to help with.

And to be fair he was never a poor keeper.

I agree with that but he was never any better than the other 2 and I think if that's the case, I would always go with the younger, as Rab is obviously coming to the end and not one for the future!

I agree with that but he was never any better than the other 2 and I think if that's the case, I would always go with the younger, as Rab is obviously coming to the end and not one for the future!

Maybe not as talented as the other 2 but we conceded so many goals this season from silly mistakes.

The defence at times was all over the place and it was crying out for someone to put there foot down and sort it out and i think Rab would have been able to do that, hes a big voice and a leader and we have missed that this season.

Hit the road Rab, and donntcha come back no more no more no more no more, hit the road Rab, and doncha come back noooooo more. Altogether now. :|

BTW, that link is old and the rumours are old too so I`ll believe it when It appears in a respectable journal like that football rumours site lol

Maybe not as talented as the other 2 but we conceded so many goals this season from silly mistakes.

The defence at times was all over the place and it was crying out for someone to put there foot down and sort it out and i think Rab would have been able to do that, hes a big voice and a leader and we have missed that this season.

You're probably right and altho there are a couple who think McCarthy can be that kid of figure next season, I think we will need to bring in someone who can do it. Maybe a Midfielder or a Keeper as I think Kisnorbo and MCauley could be hard to drop!

Absolutely brilliant goalkeeper Rab.

Totally underrated.

It was his exile which basically prevented us from challenging at the top of the table.

Why Gretna haven't been in for him before I've no idea.

It's obvious they're keeping news of their interest quiet for fear of competition.

How people can be critical I don't know.

No-one's seen him play for ages - which in itself might be down to Gretna begging Leicester to keep him low profile.

We ought to launch a fans protest if there's any suggestion of him leaving but, sadly, it's the summer - holidays and all that - so it's not the right time really.

There'll be email protests going in as we speak - certainly from car enthusiasts who might have been hoping to buy his Bentley.

But all good things come to an end and I suppose we'll have to resign ourselves to his moving on with the only sign of his passing being a proposed picture in the Walkers Gallery perhaps between our legendary greats Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton.

Gretna are clearly heading for greatness in Scotland. You can see the headlines now: "Douglas leads the charge on Celtic".

The magnetic pull of Scotland will be irrisistible to him and all we can do is shut the gate when he goes, wipe away the tears and then.................................................................................................................................................................

................................................let's all have a disco, let's all have a disco da, daa, da, daa. :D

:D:D i thought you were being serious for the first few lines :clap:

Hit the road Rab, and donntcha come back no more no more no more no more, hit the road Rab, and doncha come back noooooo more. Altogether now. :|

BTW, that link is old and the rumours are old too so I`ll believe it when It appears in a respectable journal like that football rumours site lol

It is an old rumour and it's probably a bit of lazy journalism but I wouldn't dismiss it lightly.

It seemed like Rab only had to sort out his severance with us for it to be a done deal which could be the sticking point.

It is an old rumour and it's probably a bit of lazy journalism but I wouldn't dismiss it lightly.

It seemed like Rab only had to sort out his severance with us for it to be a done deal which could be the sticking point.

Im not totally dismissing it but we have got to be realstic as fans and realise that some players actually dont give a monkeys about their careers, especially those that have reached good peaks like Rab as a keeper for one of the most famous clubs in World footy and even was Scotlands No1 for a while. Its obvious that players like Rab is fully aware that his money earning days as a football are limited and thats why he is happy at sitting back and watch the rest play whilst he earns as much money as he can.

Some players who have had decent careers love the game so much that they would play for free or drop down the leagues for little money and some just take advantage of their contracts and wont budge and dont care if they are not playing!

But he was never able to do that when he played, he was never a 'big voice and a leader'.

Archived