Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Finding right boss will be biggest decision - Milan

However, the Mercury has received a sizeable number of emails from fans voicing their opposition to Warnock as the next City boss. Mandaric said that, while he would listen to supporters' views, the decision was his.

Good on him!

I personally thought he would bring in an unheard of manager from the continent....

But after his inital talks with Dowie and then appointing Worthington, he will probably stay within the country, especially since his appointments at Pompey didn't go down to well (Perrin etc)

Does anyone else think it could be someone we've never heard of? A bit like when Arsenal appointed Wenger.

Latest link

Link

Absolutely, except Manwell will know whoever it is he, knows everyone or seems to.

Absolutely, except Manwell will know whoever it is he, knows everyone or seems to.

:clap:

Speaking of Manwell, where is he anyway?

I think it would do us good to have someone at the helm of the football club with a compleatly different approach. A non british approch for once.

:clap:

Speaking of Manwell, where is he anyway?

I think it would do us good to have someone at the helm of the football club with a compleatly different approach. A non british approch for once.

He's on his vacation aint he?

Depends who though doesn't it? I don't doubt some people's approaches might struggle with the championship, but I'm sure some managers and players out there could slice through most of the teams in this league with style. Unfortunately, we aren't likely to be able to get in anyone from that category! :P

hah, come on admit it, who wrote to the mercury?

so if milan is a man to his word, he will not let it take any longer than the end of this month, not after all the slagging off that's been going on about how long the takeover deal took

it wouldnt be my first choice but i cant help think if he wants someone who has passion... he might go for someone like pearce.. I dont know why, but im just trying to read into what madnaric is saying...

Not keen on pearce and not too strong an opinion on many of the ones mentioned, to be honest, but when you read what he's looking for i cant help but come back to pearce.... i think the thing that lets warnock down is he said he was looking into personalities. lol. maneges to fall out with every club... another reason i cant imagine him touching newell...

Pearc is a good name also who might bring in a few people as me must have some decent contacts.... but... pearce? can i ever really see him on the leicester bench? hmm....

You just KNOW we would get forest in the cup if we appointed him... :thumbup:

will somebody tell me when

a)we have a new manager

b)we have new players

c)we have a new kit

a) Three days before the start of the season

b) When all the good players are gone

c) When they're finally decided wever pink or purple best brings out iain hume's feminine side

i heard hes doing an x-factor style talent show where nobodies off the street test their skills on champ man infront of mandaric and his panel of judges (harry redknap & louis walsh), winner gets the leicester job.

I really hope he doesn't listen to the fans one bit. We are fookin clueless as a group, there are so many un-educated Leicester fans it's scary. Mandaric needs to make the decision himself and stick by it. The fans will hardly shoulder any blame should he listen to us and the manager is crap. It would be Milan who takes the blame, so that's why it should solely be his decision.

I do believe in a little market research at times, but when manager's are concerned it needs to be the big cheese who makes the decision, not the fans.

Another MM soundbite from Sky Sports, nothing new really...

Milan Mandaric hopes to have a new manager of Leicester City in place by the end of the month.

Rob Kelly was sacked in April and Nigel Worthington was in temporary charge of The Foxes until the end of the season.

Worthington is one of the names in the frame to take the job full-time along with former Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock.

Leicester chairman Mandaric claims there has been no shortage of interest in the Walkers Stadium position.

And the former Portsmouth chief is aiming to appoint Kelly's successor before the end of the month.

"I have been talking to a lot of people. There are a lot of people who have applied to be manager of Leicester City," Mandaric told the Leicester Mercury.

"I am narrowing that to a very short list now. My objective is to bring a manager to the club no later than the end of the month.

"The process began two or three weeks before the season finished but there is no written guarantee. I have to bring in someone who has the same passion as me, someone who wants to work together and be positive about our club.

"I am looking at people and their personalities, their experience, their drive and desire to be manager and projecting it to see who can be the best for the job."

Archived