Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Edmund

Allen Is Offered Leicester Job

It won't bother me one little bit but all you football "purists" had better get ready for some direct football with total commitment. No more pitter patter passing at the Walkers in the near distant future. Very good appointment if it happens.

Here a post i lifted from Talking Balls..

Some quotes from a Brentford forum from when he resigned - sounds like he plays boring long ball football, with no plan B, but he's good at plan A, for a while at least.

Much as i like MA i think his tactics were starting to wane a little, the form and lack of ideas in the last 10 or so games was an indication of what was perhaps a lack of nouse.

thanks MA for 2 and a bit years of success, not ultimate success, but we have moved forward as a club from where we were.

Now time for a young ambitious manager with drive and tatical nous

I hope we get a good up and coming new manager again , but one who likes passing ,attacking football a little more

now is the time to move forward and lets find ourselves a manager who beleives that playing good football on the deck will be the way forward

You can say whatever you like about MA, but he has transformed this club since he arrived and really dragged us out of the shit when we looked doomed, and (apart from recent months) has made me proud again to support Brentford. He's layed the foundations for a very good team, some of the disrespectfull comments on here are just terrible when you think where we could of been if he didn't turn up on that day in late March...

He done the best he could with the resources he was given and along the way has given us some proud and memerable moments, we should'nt forget that !

My criteria is always did he leave us in a better position than when he arrived - the answer is yes.

However, the squad of players we are left with is not that hot - nothing coming through

If I was Palace I wouldn't go for him - better in a negative than a positive sense. Made Brentford hard to beat (mostly) but our failure to beat teams at home sums up the problem he had

you can't knock what he's achieved here although it all went a bit pear shaped towards the end.

a reading fan i know said when he first arrived with us that he would only be successful for so long but then the players would get fed up with his constant bawling and things would go downhill from there.maybe thats how it turned out??

Thanks for the memories martin, now p**s off! Thanks for landing us with loads of duff players on long contracts that aint good enough

He has done a great deal for the club in the last two years in terms of media profile and also results. He couldn't get us over the line and many of us didn't enjoy the style of play that much but no way can he be regarded as a failure.

I thought he took some very poor decisions over the critical last few weeks of the season when the pressure was really on, he made some questionable purchases when we were short of cash and I think he has played all his motivational cards. I'm grateful for what he did but was not looking forward to another season of him in charge.

in the end long ball merchants always end where they belong.Cambridge, Bury, Wimbledon

Disappointed but not devastated by any means and probably a good time for Allen and the Bees to part company.

His 'motivational' techniques seem to have run their course and I doubt we would have had success with him under a reduced budget next year.

I'm sick of arguing about managers merits so i'm fully backing MM's choice.

Yeah i agree, at least this is a manager that no-one has any real qualms with and wouldn't find it hard to get behind him.

Yeah i agree, at least this is a manager that no-one has any real qualms with and wouldn't find it hard to get behind him.

Although having just read all the stuff from fans posted above I may change my mind lol lol

Same here, I think this is a good move by Mandaric.

I welcome 'Mad Dog'

Too right...no manager is going to get 100% backing from the City fans whoever it is.

Anyway,its got a good rhythm to it...Lets all sing along...

"MARTIN ALLENS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY"!!! :banana: :thumbsup: :scarf:

I'd have much preferred Grayson and believe he was exactly what the club needed but Allen is young, passionate and successful and ticks a good few of the important boxes to me.

So I'd not be unhappy with the choice.

All aboard the roller coaster, the theme park season is back open.

Can I have a candyfloss please Mr Flair?

I hope this is true, the fact we have appointed a manager so we can get on with some signings and see how MM's squad will shape for next season. Only thing is I though MM was in Florida at the moment?

I'd have preferred Grayson but Allen is young, passionate and successful and ticks a good few of the important boxes to me.

So I'd not be unhappy with the choice.

But i thought you wanted to see good football ? Allen is a long ball merchant, yet still seems to get results.

It's certainly an interesting choice, if not a little strange.

I can see the appeal. He's got a good record at under-achieving clubs at a lower level and turned their fortunes around pretty quickly. He's also got an infectous personality that should go down well with the fans as long as he can improve this club of ours.

I think one of the reasons Mandaric has gone for him is the fact that it will still give Milan opportunities to dabble in the transfer market and poke his nose in. Allen is relatively unknown in football and has been given a fantastic chance to make a name for himself, therefore Milan know's Allen probably hasn't got a leg to stand on should Mandaric come back from his travels with a suitcase full of Serbs to play for us.

Do I want Allen over Warnock? I'm really not that fussed, i'm bored of it. Tigana was the only outstanding candidate. Whoever else was to come in has got to get it right fairly quickly or they'll be given the bum rush anyway.

He's more liked in the game than Warnock, so at least we won't have the whole country pissing themselves laughing should we come under the spot light for anything like we would if we had Warnock and it went tits up.

Can I have a candyfloss please Mr Flair?

I hope this is true, the fact we have appointed a manager so we can get on with some signings and see how MM's squad will shape for next season. Only thing is I though MM was in Florida at the moment?

He came back early last week.

Yeah. **** it, I've had enough of all the manager chat now. Get Allen in.

So he won't play attractive football. Bar a short Mark McGhee spell, I don't think I've ever seen flowing football here at Leicester so why break a habit of a life time. He's a manager with passion, motivates the players, did well at Barnet and Brentford. I'm all for it.

My only concern is he is not the most loyal of managers. If he did well, he would have no hesitation in moving should a bigger club be interested. However, if he gets poached, that means he's done well.

Allen is relatively unknown in football and has been given a fantastic chance to make a name for himself, therefore Milan know's Allen probably hasn't got a leg to stand on should Mandaric come back from his travels with a suitcase full of Serbs to play for us.

Id say he's more high profile than Kelly or Levien. Everyone knows Mad Dog. :dunno:

Archived