Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rab to ...............?

Link

Former Dundee goalkeeper Rab Douglas is set to make a comeback for the Dark Blues after Dundee sold him for a record sale of £1.2m to Celtic.

The 6'3 goalkeeper spent three years at Dens Park making 134 appearances and if the latest rumor is to be believed, he could end his playing career at Dens with a few more appearances than he already has for Dundee.

Rab was a great goalkeeper at Dens and I would welcome him back any day. At Celtic he made 161 appearances in five years but Celtic fans called him 'Butterfingers Douglas'

The rumor has been on the go for a few days but it was confirmed that one of the two players to be paraded on Tuesday is from the Championship. The other is David O'Brien who joined from Stirling on a pre-contract agreement.

Douglas picked up nineteen caps, after a 6-0 loss to Holland away in Amsterdam in a 2003 he lost the Scotland number one jersey and was even pictured with his eyes shut when one of the goals went in. Douglas picked up one more cap in a 4-0 defeat against Wales under Berti Vogts.

Walter Smith recalled him to the squad in 2005 and he played against Italy in a World Cup Qualifier but was taken off injured early on.

Dundee made a £1,100,000 profit on Rab after paying Livingston £100,000 for his services in 1997. A good record sale but somehow I think that if he signs we won't get much if anything for him.

I would welcome Rab back to Dens, would you?

yep he can go for free if he wants ..hes rubbish

But that would then cost us about £400 000!!

we need to get something back

We'd lose more in image if we kept him on. Anything above 100k is a big ask of St Mirren, unless RD will be footing compensation himself.

yep he can go for free if he wants ..hes rubbish

Former Dundee goalkeeper Rab Douglas is set to make a comeback for the Dark Blues after Dundee sold him for a record sale of £1.2m to Celtic.

firstly we sue HIM under the trades description act for mascarading as a Goal keeper.

Then we sue CELTIC for selling us what was clearly damaged goods with false packaging

use the money to pay him off and he's gone.

simple! :thumbup:

I dont understand why we cant ask for a transfer fee of a pound or something to save us the pay off...

Because under the terms of his contract, he's due another 52 weeks (there or thereabouts) of salary at around 8,000 quid a week.

Do you think he's really going to forgo such a huge wad of cash to move back up north and take up a salary that'll probably be less than a quarter of his current one?

Would YOU forgo all that money? Didn't think so.

The best we can hope for is that we agree to let him move on a free, if we can give him a lump sum that's less than his year's salary would amount to. We could save ourselves some cash by letting him move on a free if he accepts a little less than his salary would provide for. He then gets a fresh start, probably as first choice keeper at another club, earning him a salary, and we spend less on him than we otherwise would have. Decent compromise, I reckon.

Because under the terms of his contract, he's due another 52 weeks (there or thereabouts) of salary at around 8,000 quid a week.

Do you think he's really going to forgo such a huge wad of cash to move back up north and take up a salary that'll probably be less than a quarter of his current one?

Would YOU forgo all that money? Didn't think so.

The best we can hope for is that we agree to let him move on a free, if we can give him a lump sum that's less than his year's salary would amount to. We could save ourselves some cash by letting him move on a free if he accepts a little less than his salary would provide for. He then gets a fresh start, probably as first choice keeper at another club, earning him a salary, and we spend less on him than we otherwise would have. Decent compromise, I reckon.

I understand that, but that is only because we would have to cancel his contract in order to let him move on a free, and one cannot do that without a considerable pay-off, usually at least half of the remaining salary they are owed. but if a transfer fee is involved then he has no rights to the remaining money on his contract. I understand that he may want to hold out for some money and therefore not agree personal terms if a tiny fee is involved, so it remains to be seen how much of a mercenary bastard he is and how much he values first team football. :dunno:

If we have to pay up his contract fully i'd rather see him rot in the ressies or whatever.

Why should we pay him off for him to then probably go and get x,000 a week somewhere else?

Fu cking disgrace. Greedy twat.

This would be my preferred option except instead of soiling the ressies with his presence. I'd make him stay at home for the whole season!

I'd make him turn up for training every day and just say Rab you're surplus to requirement mate sod of home for the rest of the day..........put your feet up!

OK he has a contract and fully deserves for it to be honoured but he should also be prepared to take a drop if he move's on to play at a lower level.

Leicseter won't get any money for Rab if he comes back to Scotland.

Put it this way- Rangers recently offered my 'other club' Aberdeen £70,000 (Yes, seventy thousand pounds, i haven't missed any zero's) for Jamie Langfield who has been our number 1 all season and recently got called up to the Scotland squad, and is only about 27. Now, putting aside the argument that Rangers are a bunch of tight arses who wouldn't pay £1 bail money for their own granny, it shows that Douglas isn't likely to attract anything more than a "Thank you".

Shame how it worked out for him- despite what Celtic fans might say, he actually used to be a decent keeper and had a number of good games for Scotland.

This would be my preferred option except instead of soiling the ressies with his presence. I'd make him stay at home for the whole season!

I'd make him turn up for training every day and just say Rab you're surplus to requirement mate sod of home for the rest of the day..........put your feet up!

OK he has a contract and fully deserves for it to be honoured but he should also be prepared to take a drop if he move's on to play at a lower level.

Couldn't we just send him to do some pre-season stamina training in the Sahara?. Drop him in the middle with a pair of flip-flops and a dicky compass and see what time he gets back. For a bit of encouagement we could give him a weeks wages in cash so he could light a fire at night. At least we'd know someone was getting value for money! :whistle:

Couldn't we just send him to do some pre-season stamina training in the Sahara?. Drop him in the middle with a pair of flip-flops and a dicky compass and see what time he gets back. For a bit of encouagement we could give him a weeks wages in cash so he could light a fire at night. At least we'd know someone was getting value for money! :whistle:

I think hes probably happy sitting at home in his slippers watching Countdown and doing the Sudoko lol

Archived