Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

player revolt if worthington had been given the job

Mattock got his chance because Levi was ill. There is no way Mattock is a better left-winger than Porter. He's an attacking left-back and a good one because he is very positive and offers great support going forward.

When you've Mattock him play some ordinary games instead as I have instead of just goodish ones for the first team, you'll see my point.

It was early for Mattock to make his first team breakthrough. But timely too because it coincided with the run-up to his birthday and "sign-your-two-year-contract time.

But let no-one think Mattock is a left winger. He doesn't have the real pace necessary nor the passing range or shooting technique that Porter has.

He's a left-back.

Hi everyone, sorry about the previous reply, im new and have been reading for a while now and thought i would make some comments. Firstly i hope all is well and to say how happy i am that we have got MA.

Right lets get to the topic. some of you may be interested to know that on wednesdays are the days that players have off, or should i now say, used to have off because if MA reads this he will be pissed. i am not here to cause a stir just something u guys might be interested in.

Tuesday nights most of the lads are at liquid nightclub, and because you were on the topic about Levi, and who became stroppy and if there would have been a revolt if wortho stayed, i dont think it has anything to do with wortho. i spoke to a few of the players and one thing i got from levi is that he is really arogant. the all get totally pissed and i was speaking to one of our players, no names! and he told me that he doesnt care if he plays or not, hes getting payed enough and he's happy with that. you dont know how angry that made me.

i been supporting city since i was 9, im 24 now and 2/3 of that time ive had a season ticket, except for when i was at uni. to hear someone say that is absolutely piss taking. this is how pissed the player was, he actually walked out the club, thinking the toilets were out the main doors only to be told by one of the doorstaff the toilets are inside the club. so to come back to the point, if you want to class levi as a 'player' then do so, but i actually think he would have caused a revolt and to say hes better than mattock? i'l leave that up to the masses to decide. i think hes pants.

i know its alot to take in but rest assured, i will not be writing alot next time, theres alot i have seen when these lads are out, and to be honest, the way they talk about our club, you guys would be horrified. thanks for reading.

Edited by davieG to put in some paragraphs

I think it's a disgrace some of the players would be arrogant enough to 'ask' to go on the transfer list after some of the performances they have chalked up this season. :angry:

Exactly, Provided this story is true just proves what i've been saying all season, these "footballers" we have playing for us think they are better than they are, and when they come up against "better" opposition they actually play because they know they need to to have any chance of beating them, but when they actually have to go to the "less-better" teams where they have to go and grind a result out they seem non-existant.

Tuesday nights most of the lads are at liquid nightclub, and because you were on the topic about Levi, and who became stroppy and if there would have been a revolt if wortho stayed, i dont think it has anything to do with wortho. i spoke to a few of the players and one thing i got from levi is that he is really arogant. the all get totally pissed and i was speaking to one of our players, no names! and he told me that he doesnt care if he plays or not, hes getting payed enough and he's happy with that. you dont know how angry that made me.

And you don't want to give names? Come on we won't tell promise. Though I think you mean Horsefield.

Levi about Worthington or players about Levi. I couldn't possibly imagine a 5 footer being arrogant. A mini-Napolean?

Hi everyone, sorry about the previous reply, im new and have been reading for a while now and thought i would make some comments. Firstly i hope all is well and to say how happy i am that we have got MA.

Right lets get to the topic. some of you may be interested to know that on wednesdays are the days that players have off, or should i now say, used to have off because if MA reads this he will be pissed. i am not here to cause a stir just something u guys might be interested in.

i been supporting city since i was 9, im 24 now and 2/3 of that time ive had a season ticket, except for when i was at uni. to hear someone say that is absolutely piss taking. this is how pissed the player was, he actually walked out the club, thinking the toilets were out the main doors only to be told by one of the doorstaff the toilets are inside the club. so to come back to the point, if you want to class levi as a 'player' then do so, but i actually think he would have caused a revolt and to say hes better than mattock? i'l leave that up to the masses to decide. i think hes pants.

i know its alot to take in but rest assured, i will not be writing alot next time, theres alot i have seen when these lads are out, and to be honest, the way they talk about our club, you guys would be horrified. thanks for reading.

Totally agree, thats what i said in the first place, hes too small and lightweight and pulls out of too many challenges for that reason whereas someone like Newton or a much more physical winger would be better (excluding: Josh Low (He was just CRAP)) All of the worlds best wingers are quite tall, look at Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo??

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!). But Worthy was not popular with the players, and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently. Including this young player specifically... dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

fvck me give him the job! Anything to get rid of those lazy twats.

Without any real facts about the who's, whys, wherefores etc does this type of post serve any real purpose? All it seems to do is give people the opportunity to help justify their current prejudices about the club, players and management without a shred of any evidence.

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!).

So it could be any player at any level, so no one can vouch for his authenticity, his honesty, his motives etc; he could be having a laugh/taking the piss out of your brother, he could be trying to make himself look big - so not much substance there to go on?

But Worthy was not popular with the players,

I doubt any club has a manager that has 100% support of all the players, it would appear that RK, CL, MA, DB, PT and even MON had the same problem so even if it's true it's hardly a revelation!

and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently.

See above

Including this young player specifically...

WOW a young player not happy with the manager, fook me the club is doomed

dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

I would hazard a guess it was because he was..........

different!.

This happens in every walk of life, why would anyone expect a football club to be different? You have players being dropped; picked; asked to play in different positions/styles; follow a different training routine; eat different food etc, etc. I'd have been more amazed if he'd have been found to be 100% universally popular.

I'm not suggesting your brother is lying, it's just not much of a revelation and proves nothing.

lol

so you will happily read and not comment on articles posted in football gossip websites, but when someone who actually knows one of the players has somthing to say..... lol

It doesnt actually matter WHO the player is, all that matters is that worthington would of been an unpopular choice with the players.

Pointing that out was the purpse of my post, not to lead people down a path of 'was it him'

Presumably you've never brought up teenaged sons. And what are you trying to prove by quoting someone who's pissed out of his mind. Sounds like he needs some advice from his father about a number of issues rather a public hammering from you.

Secondly where the bloody hell did I say he's better than Mattock?. I said he was a better winger than Mattock. There's a big difference. Whether you bring the "masses" into it or not.

Tell the truth. How many times how you seen the two of them play on the wing?. Or even play generally?. If you'd seen Mattock at Sunderland you wouldn 't have said he should be anywhere near the first team. The bloke has lesser games like everyone else.

Porter played 30 first team matches for us last season and scored three goals. He was effective enough to draw specuial attention from some opponents. Mattock played four times and scored none.

Both did themselves proud in the main but they are young men learning their trade and how to cope with their status and a lot of other things.

Before you make a villain of one and a saint of the other I remember Mattock blasting a novice colleague with the sort of foul-mouthed tirade you'd expect from a yob.

Hardly the sort of thing to be proud of. But, the thing is, he seems to have learned from it.

Yes I hope someone - either his parents, the manager, one of the coaches or even the Chaplain gets it through to Levi that he's a lucky and privileged lad who needs to act with the dignity befitting his situation and to do himself justice both on and off the field.

But the above has nothing to do with his football which amounted to a fairly productive and hard-working contribution for his first season.

If you're gonna sideline every teenaged footballer who's arrogant, yobbish, does daft things when he's pissed etc then you'll probably halve the youth football fraternity all over England. There's a lot of mistakes at that age.

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!). But Worthy was not popular with the players, and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently. Including this young player specifically... dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

lol lol lol lol lol :w00t: :w00t: :laugh: Can't wait for them to meet MA then.

Totally agree, thats what i said in the first place, hes too small and lightweight and pulls out of too many challenges for that reason whereas someone like Newton or a much more physical winger would be better (excluding: Josh Low (He was just CRAP)) All of the worlds best wingers are quite tall, look at Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo??

Newton's not particularly physical or particularly effective as I noticed. He did alright.

And while he's no Tiatto in the tackle. Porter does a great deal of work defensively - far more than Newton, Low, Sylla or Yeates ever did and a lot more effectively too.

Lots of players nowadays defend by closing people and channelling them rather than physically whacking them - it keeps them on the field longer in the current climate.

As for your height comment that's like saying you've got to have a big cock to be any good in bed. There have been lots of small footballers in most positions including wingers. Jimmy Johnstone was as good as you'll ever see.

And, bottom line, for the umpteenth time, Porter is not really a winger but a central midfield player - and about the same size as Billy Bremner who, with Johnny Giles, another smallish bloke, conducted one of the best midfields in one of the best teams I ever watched.

Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind. Kelly defended the players against everything. Even after the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth he said that he was to blame as he prepared and picked the team. He never picked out individuals for blame even when it was clearly an individual's fault on certain occasions. This summer's going to be very interesting. I'm going to try and watch as many training sessions as possible because I can imagine things changing a great deal under Allen. If they felt Worthington made them work they'll be in for a shock with Allen. Roll on Monday July the 2nd :thumbup:

lol

so you will happily read and not comment on articles posted in football gossip websites, but when someone who actually knows one of the players has somthing to say..... lol

It doesnt actually matter WHO the player is, all that matters is that worthington would of been an unpopular choice with the players.

Pointing that out was the purpse of my post, not to lead people down a path of 'was it him'

Maybe not but that is the inevitable result of saying some player did this or that.

Knowing someone who knows one of the players doesn't change the fact that it's still rumour and gossip not fact.

It wasn't meant as an attack on you I was just expressing the view that it really serves no proper purpose but is ok provided people realise that it is just rumour and not fact, unfortunately you can see from the posts that people have got certain players guilty on the back of your gossip.

And you don't want to give names? Come on we won't tell promise. Though I think you mean Horsefield.

Levi about Worthington or players about Levi. I couldn't possibly imagine a 5 footer being arrogant. A mini-Napolean?

A lot of small people are aggressive as a form of self-protection. I don't know his situation but you only have to read comments on this forum to know some folk have a built-in belief that small footballers aren't going to be as good as big ones.

Suffer a few years of that attitude and it may well make you want to get in people's faces or may well make you contemptuous.

Time, hopefully, brings a little more wisdom.

I think Levi is an effective player and everytime hes in possession hes capable of beating a full back with his eyes closed - what other players at leicester have been capable of doing that this season? I think hes been one of the better players this season (although not hard) and is only young so i think he shou;d be given a chance

maybe because he actually made them WORK not wander around doing nothing and stopped them getting away with everything that Kelly let them do turning them into a team not fit enough to play 45mins let alone 90!!

oh they should be in for some fun this summer...

Yes 3/4 of them idiots won't know what's hit them !!!

I think Levi is an effective player and everytime hes in possession hes capable of beating a full back with his eyes closed - what other players at leicester have been capable of doing that this season? I think hes been one of the better players this season (although not hard) and is only young so i think he shou;d be given a chance

Is he? I sometimes get the impression that he would rather offload the ball than take on the full back himself. He's got decent feet and I can't fault his effort but I wouldn't say beating his man is a particular strength of his. Maybe he is capable of doing it but I haven't seen him do it as often as I'd like from a winger.

A lot of small people are aggressive as a form of self-protection. I don't know his situation but you only have to read comments on this forum to know some folk have a built-in belief that small footballers aren't going to be as good as big ones.

Suffer a few years of that attitude and it may well make you want to get in people's faces or may well make you contemptuous.

Time, hopefully, brings a little more wisdom.

Whole point though is that it goes against MA attitude i.e. going closer to people who pay their wages. I wouldn't be surprised to see people sharing this attitude shipped out by next weekend. Depends also on whether MA gives a chance to people to reform.

A bunch of overpaid lazy arses, that's what they are! Worthington put the finger on it and they screamed like little ladies.

If only that behaviour/fact could be made mandatory on any player's CV, they'd never get hired again!

A bunch of overpaid lazy arses, that's what they are! Worthington put the finger on it and they screamed like little ladies.

If only that behaviour/fact could be made mandatory on any player's CV, they'd never get hired again!

I wonder how many of our best players that idea would have ruled out over the years!. :whistle:

Let's perhaps start with Worthington and Walshie and carry on ad infinitum...

No, it was just because Newton is better than Levi.

wait till allen gets em all in...boy are they in for a shock...they will be knocking on milans door asking to leave....martin allen will run that club like a military operation.....they are in for a big wake up call !!!!

Archived