Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

player revolt if worthington had been given the job

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!). But Worthy was not popular with the players, and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently. Including this young player specifically... dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!). But Worthy was not popular with the players, and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently. Including this young player specifically... dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

maybe because he actually made them WORK not wander around doing nothing and stopped them getting away with everything that Kelly let them do turning them into a team not fit enough to play 45mins let alone 90!!

oh they should be in for some fun this summer...

lol The more I hear about the twats we've had playing for our club in recent times, the more I hope we get rid of as many of them as possible and get in some players who have humility and empathy towards the fans. We've had to put up with absolute shit for years now and you still hear things like this all too regularly for them not to have an ounce of truth about them.

maybe because he actually made them WORK not wander around doing nothing and stopped them getting away with everything that Kelly let them do turning them into a team not fit enough to play 45mins let alone 90!!

oh they should be in for some fun this summer...

lol. you might be right.

lol If they think they had it tough under Wortho, I think Allen will be totally different ball game! I reckon a lot of players could be out the door early on! They have had it too easy for too long!

I have said before I would love to be a fly on the wall the first day of pre season

it will be the Jock Wallace hill all over again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOMJMMtlJ-Y

... dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

Maybe he expected them to work in training, work on the pitch, act like professionals and have a more humble attitude when around the club and fans?

If your "friend" thinks he's got it easier again now he may as well start penning his transfer request...I'm willing to produce the first draft for him if he wants :dunno:

The gravy train has stopped: change here for Attitude, Effort and Success :thumbup:

Shame we didn't appoint Worthington then :thumbdown::P

Mind you its all good a well asking to go on the Transfer list but who would be stupid enough to buy our shite players?! :blink::dunno:

Shame we didn't appoint Worthington then :thumbdown::P

Mind you its all good a well asking to go on the Transfer list but who would be stupid enough to buy our shite players?! :blink::dunno:

I think it's a disgrace some of the players would be arrogant enough to 'ask' to go on the transfer list after some of the performances they have chalked up this season. :angry:

Without any real facts about the who's, whys, wherefores etc does this type of post serve any real purpose? All it seems to do is give people the opportunity to help justify their current prejudices about the club, players and management without a shred of any evidence.

My brother is good friends with one of the players. cant name the player of course or he could get in trouble ( so could my brother!).

So it could be any player at any level, so no one can vouch for his authenticity, his honesty, his motives etc; he could be having a laugh/taking the piss out of your brother, he could be trying to make himself look big - so not much substance there to go on?

But Worthy was not popular with the players,

I doubt any club has a manager that has 100% support of all the players, it would appear that RK, CL, MA, DB, PT and even MON had the same problem so even if it's true it's hardly a revelation!

and a few of them would of asked for a transfer if he had been given the job permanently.

See above

Including this young player specifically...

WOW a young player not happy with the manager, fook me the club is doomed

dont know WHY he was unpopular though.

I would hazard a guess it was because he was..........

different!.

This happens in every walk of life, why would anyone expect a football club to be different? You have players being dropped; picked; asked to play in different positions/styles; follow a different training routine; eat different food etc, etc. I'd have been more amazed if he'd have been found to be 100% universally popular.

I'm not suggesting your brother is lying, it's just not much of a revelation and proves nothing.

Well, lets just say Mattock was better than Levi then

Mattock got his chance because Levi was ill. There is no way Mattock is a better left-winger than Porter. He's an attacking left-back and a good one because he is very positive and offers great support going forward.

When you've Mattock him play some ordinary games instead as I have instead of just goodish ones for the first team, you'll see my point.

It was early for Mattock to make his first team breakthrough. But timely too because it coincided with the run-up to his birthday and "sign-your-two-year-contract time.

But let no-one think Mattock is a left winger. He doesn't have the real pace necessary nor the passing range or shooting technique that Porter has.

He's a left-back.

Archived