Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ChrisVessey CUFC

Foxes to sign Robbie Simpson?

Coventry bid for Cambridge star

Coventry have made an undisclosed offer to Cambridge United for out-of-contract striker Robbie Simpson.

The 22-year-old has been considering Cambridge's offer of a new deal.

If he agrees to join Coventry, the U's will receive a fee as he is under 24 - and if the clubs cannot agree a fee, a tribunal would decide compensation.

"We made an offer, but there is some distance between the two clubs and it looks set to go to tribunal," boss Iain Dowie told the Sky Blues' website.

Simpson, who scored 17 goals in the Conference last season after joining the U's from Cambridge City, is studying sports science and maths at Loughborough University.

Somewhere on BBC pages..

I graduated from Lboro Uni 2 years ago but I still have a few ties there, including a couple of lads doing sports science. I'll make sure they tap him up so he joins Leicester and give him a good kick in if he indicates he's still going to covshit

I know him as well.

if think its only natural for us to be linked with the best quality non league players.

because we are a championship team? no, but because our manager was probably looking to sign these players at MK dons in time for next season.

wether they are good enough for us to sign in the champ or not is debatable but now allen ( im guessing of course ,but a man who might of watched these players whilst at the dons) is managing us, their agents are probably desperately trying to link their lads with him again eyeing the relative big bucks... occasionaly a non league player can make it at champtionship level and maybe even beyond... but maybe its more wishful thinking for us to expect a non league player to jump straight into our first team...... or is it? :blink:

Coventry bid for Cambridge star

Coventry have made an undisclosed offer to Cambridge United for out-of-contract striker Robbie Simpson.

The 22-year-old has been considering Cambridge's offer of a new deal.

If he agrees to join Coventry, the U's will receive a fee as he is under 24 - and if the clubs cannot agree a fee, a tribunal would decide compensation.

"We made an offer, but there is some distance between the two clubs and it looks set to go to tribunal," boss Iain Dowie told the Sky Blues' website.

Simpson, who scored 17 goals in the Conference last season after joining the U's from Cambridge City, is studying sports science and maths at Loughborough University.

Somewhere on BBC pages..

Doesn't sound as if Coventry are on holiday!

Sorry to let you all know that Robbie Simpson will only be appearing at the "crisp bowl" twice next season because has already agreed to sign for the Sky Blues. The fee will be decided by tribunal as he is under 24 so the bosman rule doesn't apply.

He, along with Iain Dowie, were looking for a bigger club so chose Coventry. :worship:

P.S. Matt Heath could be available again if you are looking for a quality defender! ;)

P.P.S. Maybe even Mickey Adams could be tempted back to the crisp bowl!! :clap:

Sorry to let you all know that Robbie Simpson will only be appearing at the "crisp bowl" twice next season because has already agreed to sign for the Sky Blues. The fee will be decided by tribunal as he is under 24 so the bosman rule doesn't apply.

He, along with Iain Dowie, were looking for a bigger club so chose Coventry. :worship:

P.S. Matt Heath could be available again if you are looking for a quality defender! ;)

I believe the website said IF he decides to sign. Doesnt sound like a done deal. Dont count your chickens before they have hatched as they might have bird flu!!!

I'm ever so pleased that you goobers can get excited about a striker who has averaged less than a goal every two games in his time in the Nationwide Conference. I'm sure he'll team up ever so well with that other world beater - Donovan Simmonds.

Dowie is certainly pulling out all the shots for your strike force next season.

I'm ever so pleased that you goobers can get excited about a striker who has averaged less than a goal every two games in his time in the Nationwide Conference. I'm sure he'll team up ever so well with that other world beater - Donovan Simmonds.

Dowie is certainly pulling out all the shots for your strike force next season.

I've heard Hammond is going to complete the comedy triumverate.

I can't believe you went through the foxestalk registration process just to "post a boast" about some non-league under-achiever who wants to sign for your club!! Sad, very sad.... :dunno:

Sorry, but im pretty sure he will only be appearing at the 'Crisp Bowl' ONCE next season

Ever heard of home and away games clownshoes???????

Sorry, but im pretty sure he will only be appearing at the 'Crisp Bowl' ONCE next season

:thumbup::worship:

What a tool.

lol

great spot :thumbsup:

So funny, comes on hear to gloat and ends up making himself look like the inbred cock monkey he really is!!!

I'd rather have neither and pay a bit more for a more established player.

look what varney has done though you dont get many bigger step ups than that ok its took him a couple of seasons to find his feet but hes done really well

look what varney has done though you dont get many bigger step ups than that ok its took him a couple of seasons to find his feet but hes done really well

im related to Varney well ish, hes my uncles pertners cusoun, iv met him, tried to convince him to go to leicester but nah he wouldnt lol. as for simpson think he should be good. but will fail under Dowie because he knows jack poo about raising youngsters.

Dingle :frusty:

How on earth are Coventry a bigger team than Leicester? Fair enough Forest won two European Cups and Derby are in the Prem, they at least have some meagre facts to present with their bullshit, but Coventry? They're quite possibly the biggest nothing team going, I'd say that even if I wasn't a Leicester fan. We're your closest rivals and even we couldn't care less what happens to you. I can't imagine any team in the Championship really having any opinion on your team whatsoever.

Archived