Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THE MAGICIAN

CLUB OR COUNTRY

I think the feeling of scoring a goal that brings joy to 65 million people would have far more of an effect on you than scoring a goal that would send perhaps a maximum of a few hundred thousand fans in to delerium.

The coverage and hype that our country get's all over the world when they play in a tournament is phenomenal and if we were ever to actually win a tournament then i'd be frightened to see how crazy the country and the rest of the world would be.

I'd go for England every day of the week in relation to this question.

65 million is a serious over estimation, fans seem to think that everyone is interested in the matches, not all are.

65 million is a serious over estimation, fans seem to think that everyone is interested in the matches, not all are.

There are 65 million people in this world that would be delighted if Eng;and won the World Cup. But you are right I did perhaps over estimate using the population of our entire country. Having said that I also said there would be a few hundred thousand delerious Leicester fans and that might be a little ambigious as well. :D

Whatever the numbers, I think scoring the winning goal for England would lead you to legendary status throughout the country and where as scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup for Leicester although would be immense as we are Leicester fans, it pales in to insignificance.

There are 65 million people in this world that would be delighted if Eng;and won the World Cup. But you are right I did perhaps over estimate using the population of our entire country. Having said that I also said there would be a few hundred thousand delerious Leicester fans and that might be a little ambigious as well. :D

Whatever the numbers, I think scoring the winning goal for England would lead you to legendary status throughout the country and where as scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup for Leicester although would be immense as we are Leicester fans, it pales in to insignificance.

It’s a very rare occurrence for me to disagree with Ric Flair, but on this occasion I’m afraid I do :o . Yeah, I’m shocked myself but imagine watching Leicester score in the last minute to win the FA cup at Wembley with 35,000 fellow fans? The sense of joy would be immeasurable, one would describe such an event as the crowning moment of years of support and endeavour for us to have witnessed this one spectacular moment. ;)

It would be nice if England could win something but how many people still talk about last years world champions? Not many. On the other hand, if we were to win the cup you’ll be reminiscing Leicester’s FA cup glory for years to come.

This thread has somewhat subsided into two completely different sub-plots. If you're considering yourself ACTUALLY being a professional player and scoring a goal for England or LCFC in a final then that's a totally different concept and a complete fantasy at that! Unless ofcourse you are Wayne Rooney.

You've taken two completely different perspectives on this there. If you're considering yourself ACTUALLY being a professional player and scoring a goal for England or LCFC in a final then that's a totally different concept and a complete fantasy at that! Unless ofcourse you are Wayne Rooney.

Or Elvis Hammond in some cases

You are confusing having a hobby with a lifestyle choice.

If you choose to dedicate your entire life to living and breathing your football club, going home and away to watch crap midweek performances in the rain and ice...that is your choice. I'm assuming that is what you do otherwise you're going to be looking a real cnut.

If someone chooses not to throw away their money on the shit games and just pop along to see decent stuff then what is the problem? :dunno: Honestly, what difference does it make to your life? :dunno:

I couldn't give a flying **** about international football - and yet wanting to go see the new Wembley and watch Brasil play in the hope that it will be an entertaining fixture gets me labelled a "wanqua" by some numbnut.

You narrow-minded idiots should form a club...of course, you wouldn't be able to attend any meetings as you'd be too busy watching England on TV. What, with you all being hard-core fans an'all.

I love it when the rest of the world gets interested in football - it means I get to have conversations with them about something other than coding algorithms.

Isn't watching England games the same as throwing away good money on shit games, as you put it?

And would you REALLY class watching England to be entertaining,as you put it?

Are people going to todays game to see the new Wembley,or to see the flair and skill of Brasil?

Notice how the FA made sure they chose a top team to play England?

They new most people would not pay £40 upwards on a Friday to see a friendly against Azerbaijan!!!(When a more important game is on a the folowing Wednesday resulting in a completely lacklustre performance when all the players want to do is fcuk off to Dubai on their hols for 3 weeks!!!)

I thought it would be to cheer on England,watch them win 1-0 and then have renewed optimism that they will win Euro 08,until they come unstuck against Estonia or some other 2 bob nation!!! :whistle:

I have alot of respect for ANY person who pays good money to watch any sport...good on you :thumbup:

BUT not if they are going for the wrong reasons :blink:

Anyway im boring myself now(that may be the most sensible thing ive posted to date!) :rolleyes::banana:

Was just thinking? being a big Leicester city fan and a big England fan if someone gave me a choice of Glory I really don't know who I would choose :dunno:

But having said that if it was my great club Leicester, that would be mine and my fellow Foxes fans glory to share and not the rest of the Country.

Thoughts?

I'm confused :unsure:

deffo leicester fan bcuz believe it or not but im more proud to be a leicester fan than an england fan

:rolleyes:

I would prefer to see Leicester lift the FA cup because it would be a day for Leicester fans only.

Saying that i wouldn't mind England lifting the world cup in my lifetime.

Unfortunately England have won the world cup in my lifetime!

................and they haven't stopped bleating on about it for 40 bloody years :rolleyes:

Archived