Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THE MAGICIAN

CLUB OR COUNTRY

Was just thinking? being a big Leicester city fan and a big England fan if someone gave me a choice of Glory I really don't know who I would choose :dunno:

But having said that if it was my great club Leicester, that would be mine and my fellow Foxes fans glory to share and not the rest of the Country.

Thoughts?

I'm confused :unsure:

Scoring a last minute winner in the world cup final or scoring a last minute winner in the FA cup final.

Your choice.

As a player I would rather score the winner in the world cup or euro championship...its what everyone dreams of as a kid and you'd probably give everything to be able to do that and bring joy to so many. Having said that, as a supporter I would rather see Leicester win the FA cup than see England win a major tournament.

It's no choice really - cos there's no realistic chance of England glory for as far ahead as I an see.

I'm much more passionate about my club, supporting a club is a weekly cycle, whereas England is just the odd match here and there and a tournament every 4 years. Club before Country

It depends what you meen by glory.

Leicester have given me more good times than England ever have (I was born after 66), but these were "glories" (Promotions, Playoff Finals, League Cups, beating Forest/Derby/Cov/Villa) that were celebrated so much because we'd come through some rough times, and, amongst the big teams, these achievements wouldn't be celebrated as much.

England only really have two competitions they compete for. For England, "Glory" = Winning one of them.

As unlikely as it seems, Leicester have more chance of success than England. England have been perpetual tournament failures over the last 40 years, but Leicester in that time have had a couple of decent sides that, on their day, could beat anyone.

So, CLUB, I think.

Oh, and Club v Country can be taken TOO far.

Last night's Austria -v- Scotland game saw Austrian fans booing some of their own players because they played for the "wrong" club side.

Poor.

It depends what you meen by glory.

Leicester have given me more good times than England ever have (I was born after 66), but these were "glories" (Promotions, Playoff Finals, League Cups, beating Forest/Derby/Cov/Villa) that were celebrated so much because we'd come through some rough times, and, amongst the big teams, these achievements wouldn't be celebrated as much.

England only really have two competitions they compete for. For England, "Glory" = Winning one of them.

As unlikely as it seems, Leicester have more chance of success than England. England have been perpetual tournament failures over the last 40 years, but Leicester in that time have had a couple of decent sides that, on their day, could beat anyone.

So, CLUB, I think.

Actually you have and most of the Reply's on here have a good point.

Club it is.

Just looking forward to going Wembley tomorrow night and it got me thinking again, when I was in Germany last year for the World Cup the atmosphere and the whole occasion was brilliant and thought how good it would be to be dancing round the streets of Germany if England could have won the World Cup.

But then I remember the Play-offs and Carling Cup wins and my trips into Europe watching Leicester City. :worship:

Club, you see more of them. Country is ncie to support every now and then, e.g when a friendly comes round or a major tournament. Plus our country have a shite manager and players who aren't as good as everyone thinks. Whereas our club seem to have a bright future and things are finally looking up!

Archived